Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Is Still Working

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    Ouch. What brand of Robots?
    Fanuc and Nachi mostly, some OTC Daihen (Sister company you Nachi), and there are a handful of older bots at one of other factories Kawasaki and Motoman and a few ABB.

There are a handful of people in other departments still working but not much till the big 3 get moving again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dstud2000 View Post
    Fanuc and Nachi mostly, some OTC Daihen (Sister company you Nachi), and there are a handful of older bots at one of other factories Kawasaki and Motoman and a few ABB.

There are a handful of people in other departments still working but not much till the big 3 get moving again.

I hear ya. We mostly program Fanuc and ABB but its still a mixed bag based on customer spec. I've got a big boy M900 in currently that I can't get anyone convinced we should attach a chair to and let me write a program for them to ride it
    Jk Jk, we would NEVER do that...

I hear ya. We mostly program Fanuc and ABB but its still a mixed bag based on customer spec. I've got a big boy M900 in currently that I can't get anyone convinced we should attach a chair to and let me write a program for them to ride it
    I saw somewhere at a mall they did that to a Kuka and offered rides on it. You can find the video on YouTube if you look for it. I’ve had the displeasure of working on one Kuka and swore never again.

I am a tech at a factory so my main function is production support of my zone which encompasses everything from programming to fixturing to maintenance and everything in between. Jack of all trades sort of thing. It’s interesting and up until this virus it has been very steady and reliable work. My zone is mostly Arcmate 120 or OTC MIG arms. The rest of the factory is a mixed bag or R2000 or SR 270 with a few other odd balls mixed in there. Hopefully by May we can get started back up, fingers crossed anyways.

Here ya go https://youtu.be/6MkJ6df310U

Although I've still been working 5 days a week I'm hoping the governor of Florida sets the businesses free soon.

I need a haircut !

And I'm tired of takeout food !

I’ve been laid off about 5 weeks. Just got called yesterday to come back to work on Monday.

Sounds like fun, sign me up for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Just went back to work Monday after being out 3 weeks with the 'Rona. Work made me stay out for the extra week. Surprisingly we have been insanely busy ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Just went back to work Monday after being out 3 weeks with the 'Rona. Work made me stay out for the extra week. Surprisingly we have been insanely busy ...
    How has your recovery been?

Alone in the car wearing a mask..... why ?

Passes out from breathing his own exhaled carbon dioxide.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/driver-cra...ry?id=70346532

What is wrong with people ?

Maybe the person was actually sick? Maybe their blood sugar was low? Maybe the police only suspect one thing without all the facts? Maybe, just maybe they take the guidelines of ataying safe too far, going to the point of actually endangering themselves?

I had actually seen many people driving while wearing masks(side benefit of me watching people drive up to my booth), and have seen way too much; wondering how more people don't crash in normal circumstances(eating cereal, soup, reading newspapers, acts of sexule congress, intoxicated, inebriated, and just dumb).