Thread: Still at it. New Prices, XM Automags

Still at it. New Prices, XM Automags

Paintball for the most part is shut down. The retail store and field are closed.
    However, I can go into the office alone and still fulfill incoming orders and update the website.
    These things I am currently doing.
    I may not be in everyday for any number of reasons, but for the most part I am keeping up with orders and a few repairs.
    I have updated many things including some significant price increases for product that has been a very long time coming.
    It's unfortunate that increases happen during a time when it may be hard for those to afford. The economy WAS doing well a month ago....
    I suggest before you price your used items that you see what the new prices are on some products. It may very well be that your used AGD parts are worth more now. Some very well should be.

I am working on updating the site for new gun builds. Price increases create a web of changes across several products and cross products.
    I am making sure it's done correctly, to reduce errors.

I am also re-marketing the current AGD gun the Custom RT ULE.
    It seems since the first RT classic every single gun AGD made used RT in it's name on some level. This has made defining what gun we are talking about confusing to newcomers for the last 20 years.

Officially new X-valved Mechanical Automags will be simply called XM Automags for "X-Valved Mechanical Automag". RT will be left off moving forward. Reactive trigger will still be listed as a feature of the valve, but we will be moving the focus away from "RT" as many many people do not understand physics and want to ban any Automag with an RT related to it believing all RT's are uncontrollable.

Still waiting on the final supply of ULE bodies to come in for full gun builds to be wide open.
    The last custom gun build I did was another CF Nail gun.
    I do have a queue of some guns for customers request. I will try and work towards those when I can.

Stay safe, stay well.
    Tim "Sandman"
    AGD
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Tim,

You stay safe out there as well! Thanks for all your time and effort to keep things moving when this world has seriously stopped. Great idea on the naming update to the new mags. I like it alot. "Yeah, I got a new Airgun Designs XM Automag!" Nice ring to it. XMA for short, since most gun names are just letters and numbers now.

Anyways, keep it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I am also re-marketing the current AGD gun the Custom RT ULE.
    It seems since the first RT classic every single gun AGD made used RT in it's name on some level. This has made defining what gun we are talking about confusing to newcomers for the last 20 years.
    The Custom RT ULE name has been a burr in my side for many, many years, so thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The Custom RT ULE name has been a burr in my side for many, many years, so thank you!
    I've never liked it either Luke. This whole Automag RT, Classic RT, RT Pro, Retro Valve,RT Pro X, RT ULE has me confused just reading it. Can't imagine what a newbie thinks.
    I always want to keep Automag in the name though. They are all Automags.

We can always sort out the past....but moving forward, I wanted something to define what I was selling moving forward and I wanted it to be familiar and simple, So XM seemed to fit quite simply and easily.

I like the name too. Hang in there, Tim. We're in this together.

Thanks for keeping the engines of AGD running !

Thanks for the update Tim. Glad to see parts coming.

While your in there can you edit the ult description to point more towards the tuning aspect of the install as well as make the rt on/off standard for the xvalves going forward. I have seen multiple people think they are getting a lighter trigger kit but not understanding what is required or how to solve problems. Then they ultimately get frustrated with it because they thought it was a drop in deal.

Thanks Sandman for keeping things going. Hopefully all the changes will bear fruit.

One of these days I have to make it out to the store and the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But now you are starting a new confusing line, with the XM(not the radio service) and the Xmag. Just 2 more letters difference...

The "RT" dilemma is really a combination of 2 issues. Yes, throwing RT on the side of the gun confuses those that may not "understand physics", but owners that throw more pressure into the gun then is necessary while letting the trigger bounce off their finger all day has done far more damage to the credibility of the Automag as a "legal" paintball gun then anything else. So long as this behavior continues the high-end Mags will never be allowed into the new mech scene and no simple renaming by AGD can fix that problem, it exists in the Automag community itself.

Perhaps the best thing you could do is suggest to all those that want to use a Mag in these events is to put a gauge on their ASA showing that their Mag is operating at pressure levels that will not produce an excessive RT effect (750-850 psi?). The problem has reached the point that now our guns put an extra burden on event producers to prove to other participants that an unfair advantage is not being given to a single platform.
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Thanks for the update. I hope to place another order very shortly.

When are you going to offer colored parts&valves if ever

X-valves ?

Seeing you're not offering colored parts at this time, is there any way to purchase raw parts for people to anodize?

I can definitely get behind the elimination of "RT" in naming conventions because it does carry a stigma. Twits may not know what RT stands for but they certainly seem to know an RT 'Mag is an evil, scary, ancient, paint flinging machine that must be banished!

But telling people old, used stuff is going to worth more now? Sorry, ain't ever paying $50 for a beat up AM/MM rail, steel powerfeed body, carbon frame, Twist-Lock tulip tip barrel, ANS reg half or Viewloader foregrip. The market will decide how prices inflate or not.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag