Thread: Back to Paintball......Eventually

Back to Paintball......Eventually

This was going to be the year in which I was going to make a concerted effort to get to the local field, meet new people and try to play again. As the COVID-19 has most sheltered in place, the longer this goes on, the less months I have of cooler weather here in Texas. I guess I could use this time to get to know my collection better, read up more on maintenance and tuning, and get back in shape. Then when this is all over, maybe I'll get the chance again to go to the fields.

In the meantime, what are yall up to during the shelter at home and quarantines? How are you spending time back at home? Any creative ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    This was going to be the year in which I was going to make a concerted effort to get to the local field, meet new people and try to play again. As the COVID-19 has most sheltered in place, the longer this goes on, the less months I have of cooler weather here in Texas. I guess I could use this time to get to know my collection better, read up more on maintenance and tuning, and get back in shape. Then when this is all over, maybe I'll get the chance again to go to the fields.

In the meantime, what are yall up to during the shelter at home and quarantines? How are you spending time back at home? Any creative ideas?
    I ain't doing a damn thing except playing some games, watching movies and just lazing about. Thinking about getting a new high refresh monitor, buying a new ssd or 2 for my games. Than deciding which of the mag projects on the back burner I wanna continue with. Currently have like 7 or 8 mags queued before I build my 2k4 prostock autococker....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam V View Post
    I ain't doing a damn thing except playing some games, watching movies and just lazing about. Thinking about getting a new high refresh monitor, buying a new ssd or 2 for my games. Than deciding which of the mag projects on the back burner I wanna continue with. Currently have like 7 or 8 mags queued before I build my 2k4 prostock autococker....

Nice!! What type of games do you play on the PC?

Nice!! What type of games do you play on the PC?
    Shooters, strategy, action adventure, I more or less play them all. But if I had to choose a favorite genre, I am an RPG whore!!!! I Iove my rpg games, thinking about picking up the installing elder scrolls: morrowmind or maybe elder scrolls: oblivion and playing that. Just finished playing call of duty and call of duty 2 the other day.

What game do you play when you have time, jb?

Gaming, mostly playing war thunder, also exploring the woods around my house and found an old stretch of railroad track. Gonna try cutting off a piece to make a budget anvil with one of these days, That'll keep me busy for a bit

Been working full time not missing a beat.

Sure miss paintball.....

What game do you play when you have time, jb?

I usually play RPGs or adventure type. Alot off of Steam. Right now it's Darksiders Genesis. I've played Skyrim, WoW, Fallout series, Darksoul series. Played CoD and Battlefield.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    JB
    Aggie Class of '09

I usually play RPGs or adventure type. Alot off of Steam. Right now it's Darksiders Genesis. I've played Skyrim, WoW, Fallout series, Darksoul series. Played CoD and Battlefield.

Good choices for games, have you played baldurs gate enhanced edition and neverwinter nights enhanced edition?

Good choices for games, have you played baldurs gate enhanced edition and neverwinter nights enhanced edition?

No but I have played neverwinter back when it came out. At least 15 years ago haha

No but I have played neverwinter back when it came out. At least 15 years ago haha

Darn, I played the original releases of those games. But lost the discs, thinking about picking them up from gog, wanted to know if they only cleaned it up and made minor tweaks or did they make some big changes and mess with it.

Working my ass off. Just got a job in trucking, it's been 55 to 60 hour weeks

I'm hauling wood chips to paper mills, so basically raw toilet paper

I might as well be hauling 100,000 lbs of gold

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Fortunately for me work has picked up substantially. I'm a self-employed carpenter and people are looking around they're houses going "you know , a deck would be nice off this back door", or " I've always wanted another wing built onto my house, let's add another 1000 square feet". I'm not complaining by no means, it's just now they have no job to go to and they're there all day telling you you're not doing it right. This is why I'm so ready to get back to the field so I can let my frustrations out!

I had been re-watching Community recently and the paintball episode from season one got me looking into the pistol they use ( Back when I was playing a lot the only real semi-auto pistol was the Palmer Squall ). That lead me down the rabbit hole of "Holy crap how much has stuff changed in the past ~10 years".

This brought down YouTube rabbit holes of catching up on things, and made me dig out my gear to try and get it ready for when the fields fully can open again. So, my current projects:
    * Finishing some PS4 games I have yet to just complete ( Danganronpa V3, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Hard, etc. )
    * Learn how to ACTUALLY maintain and tech my Angel G7 Fly, resurrecting it from it's ~4 year slumber after moving to a new home.
    * Get back into shape again. ( This one sucks because the quarantine means I can't go to the gym anymore, I went 4 times a week before this. Additionally I gained ~25 pounds by eating like an idiot ). What's that, a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's PB Fudge Core? That's one serving right?

I figure the reward for if I can get some cardio in, and get back down to a 'good' weight, is I'm buying myself a PE MG100. I wanted to get a newer smaller mech gun, and specifically would like the option at least to play mag-fed. It's a good goal! ( Not as expensive as some of the other options either ).

Quote Originally Posted by KGBAgent185 View Post
    I had been re-watching Community recently and the paintball episode from season one got me looking into the pistol they use ( Back when I was playing a lot the only real semi-auto pistol was the Palmer Squall ). That lead me down the rabbit hole of "Holy crap how much has stuff changed in the past ~10 years".

This brought down YouTube rabbit holes of catching up on things, and made me dig out my gear to try and get it ready for when the fields fully can open again. So, my current projects:
    * Finishing some PS4 games I have yet to just complete ( Danganronpa V3, Persona 5, Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Hard, etc. )
    * Learn how to ACTUALLY maintain and tech my Angel G7 Fly, resurrecting it from it's ~4 year slumber after moving to a new home.
    * Get back into shape again. ( This one sucks because the quarantine means I can't go to the gym anymore, I went 4 times a week before this. Additionally I gained ~25 pounds by eating like an idiot ). What's that, a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's PB Fudge Core? That's one serving right?

I figure the reward for if I can get some cardio in, and get back down to a 'good' weight, is I'm buying myself a PE MG100. I wanted to get a newer smaller mech gun, and specifically would like the option at least to play mag-fed. It's a good goal! ( Not as expensive as some of the other options either ).
    Right on brother. Keep your goals in sight and you'll achieve them. Start small and build upon them.

Right on brother. Keep your goals in sight and you'll achieve them. Start small and build upon them.

Start small!?!??! JB, this is 'Murica!!!!! Its either go big or go home!!!!!

I'd like to buy a used one of those MG100's but people seem to be hanging onto them.