Thread: another custom foregrip design (size does matter)

another custom foregrip design (size does matter)

I've been fiddling around with foregrips on-and-off-again for the last few years, and I think I'm getting close to the final design.

I started with a slim foregrip for a classic mag. It's a hollow aluminum core angled at about 10 degrees, and the rubber came from a SRAM grip that I cut short. This design was really comfortable with single-trigger frames, and lent itself well to a gas-through version (If I ever wanted to go that route), but I didn't like the way it looked on my primary mag. Looks okay on an old classic, though.

Name:  IMG_0147.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  93.1 KB

After that, I made another fatter version. I shortened the overall length of the grip and replace the SRAM grips with some rubber from some CNC motorcycle grips I found on eBay. This was an improvement, but cutting the grips was annoying, and they also weren't quite long enough for my liking. Still, it looks nice and works really well.

Name:  butter mag.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  151.0 KB

This weekend, I made another attempt. I started with the same basic hollow aluminum design as before, but I left a little lip at the top to hang over the front edge of the rail.

Name:  IMG_4013.JPG
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4012.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4014.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  35.9 KB

Next I spray-painted the piece (a placeholder until I can get it annoed) and added a performance machine replacement rubber grip.

Name:  IMG_4030.JPG
Size:  168.2 KB

The result is pretty great. I don't think it looks quite as good as version #2. And it's kinda crazy wide. (The performance machine grips are for 1.25" bars, so it's wider than the splinter rail.) And it's still not forward enough for my liking. But damn, it's super comfortable. And it looks mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I think it looks great. It looks like you can get a nice grip on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That is awesome, nice work!

Nice glove !

The grip is nice too.

5. Nice!

I have your version 1 grip I snagged off of ebay and I love it on my minimag build with a knm single trigger y-frame. The angles complement themselves perfectly. I always wondered who built it as it was done well.