Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Thoughts on defunding police forces?

This would be epic, though Biden would never do it.

Name:  Rogan Trump Biden.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  32.5 KB

OMG ~ I would be laughing so hard I'd probably wet myself.
    But yeah, there's no way they'd let Biden face Rogan. The dems don't even want to risk Biden facing Trump in traditional fashion.
    They will likely insist on a remote debate so Biden can use his teleprompter, and demand a list of the questions in advance to give them time to script His equivocations.

This showed up this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7ZQTa1Ui4

A very interesting hypothesis about the Ukraine, especially towards the end. Sorry, it's almost a half hour long but well researched, informative, and really strings facts together well.
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    This would be epic, though Biden would never do it.

Name:  Rogan Trump Biden.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  32.5 KB
    Name:  l-60395-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  21.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I do love when people who don't follow or support a side, begin to tell me supposedly how the other, or the side i follow more closely, is going to be. Legislation to keep firearms in check, to help illegal guns, hold accountable those who do illegal things, & try to stop unsafe & unhealthy people from using said firearms is tantamount to taking away all guns. This is a fear mo gering stance, as the 2nd amendment is kinda big and entrenched within the constitution. And without a how lot of legal back breaking, it can not be taken away.

Most democratic platforms are about making housing affordable to the people. The social programs that help people get housing, help them with their health care. Those are the things that help the base, help those that are in need.

By having the small "mom & pop" stores, by having places to not only have businesses but to be able to work is what america is about. This is the country of the free. Freedom to practice your religion, freedom from the government to tell you what & how you should do it. Freedom to have a base in which to grow the people to be who you want. And by only playing up to the rich, by squeezing the lower ru gs(like with tax breaks for the fortune 500, and trump himself - like looking into his taxes to see what if any fraud there is, or where it is. If you aren't guilty, you have nothing to hide).

So this idea of the democrats equalling communists is whacky.

What he might have had in place versus what he had done after the fact amounts to nothing, as those travel screening did nothing, ignoring it did nothing, dismissing the advice, of which he apparently knew the seriousness of it, did nothing. No he choose to ignore it, down play it till it got out of control, tout ineffective and dangerous remedies that probably did more harm then good and gave us 2020. When the toothpaste is out of the tube, it means little about putting a ban on squeesing the tube.

What i do know & feel is, if trump had just been serious about covid, we might have had a better handle & even not ve amoung the world leaders in case or deaths.

Working on a vaccine, which i suppose the WHO was doing when the 1st cases were being reported back in November is great, but so is not having 2 months to have the virus spread unchecked is even better. Again, many feel the whole covid outbreak could have & should have been handled more competently that what we did. We also can't know if anything done differently could have made a difference, unfortunately. We do not have time machines.

Nope. Trump had disdain for McCain, like when visiting the navy base & trump wanted the ship barring McCain's name covered. McCain is just 1 figure in all of the armed forces, past & present who trump has bad words for. This is not an isolated instqnce but a gross, global thing where trump does not believe in doing service(which i can see) but also denigrate those that do.

Except 4 different sources have confirmed the story. Just because trump says it isn't so, doesn't mean he didn't say it. Again, if this was a 1 off, then his refutation of it would hold more water. This and tikes where at the centennial of WW1, bemoaning the fact he had to visit 2 cemeteries of fallen US soldiers, tells me, & others that the statements are true.(yes, the sources choose to remain anonymous, which is their right to do. This isn't a police state, so they have that right)

If Hillary had sold fissionable material, then there would be a huge paper trail from congress to the nuclear regulatory agency to approve of such, so all the 9 other people are also guilty, not just Hillary. Since Russia is not on the ban list for it, what is the problem? I am not seeing that.

But conversely, stating openly that we have better buclear weapons is contrary to the nuclear weapons ban and thus can bring attention to the US for possible treaty violations, escalation from other powers and scrutiny that the actions & acts on the world stage would do more to hinder allied nations than foreign powers. Its a possibility, but one being made more apparently, since the potus wished to boast and grandstand. Not good, is it?

Except, it didn't work, and again, nearly escalated the situation greatly, to an almost end. North Korea is an interesting beast. Do you play into his ego, or do you talk down to them? Do you treat them with respect or do you admonish them for treatment of their people? Trunip does not get any credit for not going nuclear. Tbat question shouldn't be on the table.

Unidentified officers is totally different than persons, with no identies, no agency affiliations, coming in & using force to "police", when the police were fully capable. Most people will use force with force. You push someone, they'll push back. So when unarmed protesters come against armed persons who have no authority but are at least uniformed & act like agents from an government entity, it comes to question by who's authority do they fall under? Because an undercover officer, will at times disclose their identity to the courts, to the police.

Since when do protesters get treated like criminals? Those that break the laws, will be caught & punished, but when you have questions about the police, or some police, policies & treatment, will you get those not involved to help the people who they are protesting about? You cannot fix the problem without fixing the source. Biden has said that the rioters, those lawbreakers will be punished. Trunip has spouted he is the law & order pres, without even keeping up with what is going on.

Ok, can't follow your statement here. But, it is not the exact numbers, it is not the fact that across the entire US that every police station this happens. It is the fact that there is a disparaging number of harrasment & unequal treatment, towards citizens that aren't white. Because of the Breonna Taylor, George Lloyd & Jacob Blake, have gotten more attention from the fact that the police used questionable force & tactics. If what you are saying is true, then the police need to be retrained or looked at more indepth on all fronts, to stop this. You are proving more, from what you wrote that it isn't a BLM thing, but a huge systemic problem.

First amendment. Civil protesting is legal & the right of all US citizens to do so, if they choose. To break up a peaceful protest is tantamount to living in a police state.

To put an end to them, in my mind is to address those protesters on what they want. Most want answers, most want the attempt to look into the problems of police on black killing, or even police harrassment of people of colour. The simple fact that if trump had gone on Tv, placated them, gave in to saying he would do something, and then delay it till November so either he can find a new topic of attention or to actually do the work(more likely so Biden can do the work). When someone is protesting, they want to be heard, and because this is a nation wide problem, from all places in the US, it does require the president to do something, other than shooting tear gas at them so he can get a photo op.

And stop with this "liberals won't belp us" because this is happening in Trump's america. This is happening now. A boat doesn't leak because there is a different captain on board, it leaks because there are holes in the hull. You can not condemn anyone else for letting this happen as it is Trump's duty as potus to run the country and not run it into the ground. His fesr mongering has gottenus no where except for death & destruction if you don't want your roof to leak, do not blame the clouds for raining, you fix the problem. You take out the rot, you take out the effective shingles, you do not blame a policial group for it.
    You should renew your membership to Moms Demand Action. You fit right in there.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Interesting that Dems are insisting on "vote by mail" yet their candidate votes in person.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-safe-elderly/

Name:  BACAABB5-F92A-405F-BC81-A9DF888B311D.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  50.5 KB

Even denying us the right to purchase is taking the right away.

If I were to bash someone in the head with a rock, isn't that assault with a weapon? Maybe we should ban stones over a certain size.
    Use a baseball bat, or a hockey stick? Better ban those sports as well.
    How about a fork? Ban kitchen utensils.

There are cities in States like Utah, Ohio, and Colorado that have bans on snowball fights.
    Kamala Harris said "Weapons of war have no place in civil society". The job of a politician is to make society civil.
    Once the politicians give us a civil society, we'll have no need of weapons to protect ourselves. Until that time, I'm keeping mine.

Sorry to post three times today, but this one made me laugh, which doesn't happen often...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCg_q5IjjY

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
    If I were to bash someone in the head with a rock, isn't that assault with a weapon? Maybe we should ban stones over a certain size.
    Use a baseball bat, or a hockey stick? Better ban those sports as well.
    How about a fork? Ban kitchen utensils.

There are cities in States like Utah, Ohio, and Colorado that have bans on snowball fights.
    Kamala Harris said "Weapons of war have no place in civil society". The job of a politician is to make society civil.
    Once the politicians give us a civil society, we'll have no need of weapons to protect ourselves. Until that time, I'm keeping mine.
    Yeah, check out the UKs knife problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  US Population 2020.PNG
Views: 40
Size:  12.8 KB

Name:  US Population 2020 Biden.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  US military covid.PNG
Size:  27.6 KB

But let us forget thate gaffes from trump.

"Winston Churchill stood on the tops of buildings, rallying London during the bombings." - nope, never happened

"The herd mentality proving a cure for covid." - it is herd IMMUNITY, and it will needlessly cause more deaths than social distancing, wearing a mask, testing & tracing covid

Mistakes will be said, and in all honesty, the numbers being thrown around can be confusing. But the message is true & honest. That the Republicans & Trump are doing everything wrong. I am sure that Biden has lost a step, and he can get disconnected from his mouth to his brain, but Biden will put the right people in the right place to fix this country to better than it was from the past 4 years. How many more people does anyone need to see that are flat out lying about ethics & morality, fraud, embezzlement, and even flagrant abuse of power in using the government, the laws & the constitution as toilet paper?

lol

Name:  Biden 120M dead.PNG
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  150m died from guns.PNG
Views: 36
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  Biden 2.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  35.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mondoatx View Post
    Yeah, check out the UKs knife problem...
    Yeah, been seeing that for several years. Take away guns, people will use knives.
    Take away knives and they're back to sticks and stones to break bones.

It's not the weapon that counts, it's the mentality of people who use weapons to assail others who are incapable or reluctant to respond in kind.
    But speaking historically, those who don't want to SHALL respond to defend themselves. How this country got started is a just one example and currently the most pertinent.
    And we're seeing it all over again. One side side using violence and oppression (physical and political) to push their views, and the other side relying on law, common sense and the constitution, who are being pushed to retaliate in kind no matter how much they oppose having to do so. And they will, if pushed far enough.
    It's an old story, if you look at it objectively.