Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCB is gone

MCB is gone

Was trying to get onto MCB yesterday with no luck and had the same issue today. Logged onto the facebook page and come to find out that the site pretty much got deleted. And to think 2020 couldn't get any worse

Wow, I can't get in right now either. Wonder if it was by mistake? Loved that forum.
    JB
    Aggie Class of '09

Me neither. I really hope it's a temporary thing. I've got a bunch of orders lined up for my SPAR valve, and MCB is the only way I know how to contact those people.

Supposedly they changed hard drives and it messed stuff up. Carter is out of town and going to see what he and the server company can do when he gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Me neither. I really hope it's a temporary thing. I've got a bunch of orders lined up for my SPAR valve, and MCB is the only way I know how to contact those people.
    Does that make AO customers front of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Does that make AO customers front of the line?
    If this is the case lemme know, I think I'm next for ao members, I can ship out asap

So, I heard over on the facebook page that it was a hacker who deleted the site and now has all of the data for ransom, crazy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-Convert View Post
    So, I heard over on the facebook page that it was a hacker who deleted the site and now has all of the data for ransom, crazy stuff
    So they are holding all the old threads hostage?

Not a huge loss

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mag-Convert View Post
    That sounds like conspiracy theory gone wild, because as much as the site is important to some, the revenue it costs or the value it would be is rather dubious to be held ransom.

But also, to trust the web hosting site to not only maintain but have them have a backup just in case is rather stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    So they are holding all the old threads hostage?

Not a huge loss

[Greta]How dare you[/Greta] Lol. It’s kind of a mess but if you are willing to wade through the window licking, fart smelling and that one guy (You know who I’m talking about) it’s alright.

I never noticed how often I checked over there. This will help my wallet some.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Does that make AO customers front of the line for SPAR valves?
    I've still got two frames sitting on my bench waiting to get done. That will probably take two weeks. If MCB isn't back up by then, then yes, AO people will probably get bumped up.

I'm just glad I saved my order list on Google Docs instead of MCB. Phew.

Haven't logged in over there since 2009.

Don't miss it.

I literally was looking at the rtr gargoyle the night before and was gonna tell them to add me to the list but since, I guess I'll just wait and lose interest

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    I literally was looking at the rtr gargoyle the night before and was gonna tell them to add me to the list but since, I guess I'll just wait and lose interest
    https://m.facebook.com/remembertheronin/

I'm really wanting to see that warthog more than the gargoyle, but atm I might have to hop on the list for both when/if they come

FYI: On facebook MCB they are saying that the database was stolen and the passwords and useraccount info has been compromised. So if you use a univeral passwork which is a bad idea to begin with you should get changing.

if they come out with a new version that will give the Mag community the chance to clean up all the tech threads and missing pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    if they come out with a new version that will give the Mag community the chance to clean up all the tech threads and missing pictures.
    I'd like to see this.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

FYI: On facebook MCB they are saying that the database was stolen and the passwords and useraccount info has been compromised. So if you use a univeral passwork which is a bad idea to begin with you should get changing.
    Thanks for this update, I've been preaching multi-factor authentication for years, at first it was a pain but once you set it up and it's a daily motion and the new norm it's not bad

There is a picture of a Phoenix on the webpage now

Post on the FB group saying they are going to start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
    Post on the FB group saying they are going to start fresh.

Any idea when?

It's up now!

Sad loss of decades of accumulated knowledge - can't believe they had no backups :-(
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by cledford View Post
    Sad loss of decades of accumulated knowledge - can't believe they had no backups :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Painthappy (from MCB Thread)
    Checked and double checked the logs. They didn't get into the server via hacked passwords or traditional methods. Definitely a hole in the software.

So in lies the problem. Have backups, but can't just slap back up the software that they hacked.

Put on the latest and greatest software with no issues onto a new server that we also know has not been compromised. We are good now. Now comes the task of trying to import some of the old stuff, but safely and carefully. Have to go through it to make sure nothing in it is wrong also. Can't poison the new server nor do we know when it all truly happened.
    Makes sense but sucks to have possibly lost all that archive of information for sure. Hopefully they'll be able to find the attack vector and patch it so things can be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by cledford View Post
    Man, yeah, its like a whole encyclopedia vanished

i keep getting notifications on tapatalk that people are posting.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i keep getting notifications on tapatalk that people are posting.
    They have rebuilt and tapatalk is working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    That sounds like conspiracy theory gone wild, because as much as the site is important to some, the revenue it costs or the value it would be is rather dubious to be held ransom.

But also, to trust the web hosting site to not only maintain but have them have a backup just in case is rather stupid.
    When Army's account was compromised and somebody deleted half of AO, we had backups with the hosting company and I was able to restore the site. It's not out of the realm of possibility.