Thread: Classic valve VS X Valve

Classic valve VS X Valve

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I can't find it without using an excavator to dig.

What are the tech spec differences in the valves? Example: Weight, recharge rate, ROF before shootdown.... Just looking for a good spec comparison.

I'm more curious how well the classic valves perform in pneumatic conversions, as getting X valves is harder and more expensive than a classic that just needs some o-rings and a new reg piston. (They ALL need new reg pistons lol)
    Last edited by Zone Drifter; 07-13-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter View Post
    I'm more curious how well the classic valves perform in pneumatic conversions
    In my experience you get different results with Classic valves. I've ran into a few doing T-Rex builds that were extremely fast and others not so much. That said I have no idea why..

I've had classic valves in many shapes, but only when it comes to the regulator. Generally I find most to be the same from the reg forward. Also, tuning a lvl 10 into a classic has been more challenging with a few I've had. Something about the tube depth. In any case, I wouldn't mind using one for a build with a pneumatic setup, mainly because I'm not a trigger walker, I just like a light trigger. I don't expect to hit high rates or shoot ropes. Reducing the trigger pull on a classic is a noticeable change.

I suppose I'll just get one and experiment, I see them on eBay for less than $50 often.

I built an E-pneumag using a Classic valve - ran a steady 11-12 BPS without any issues. I eventually capped the valve and ran an external reg, again with no issues. In my opinion, using a Classic has very little disadvantage over an Xvalve other than weight. Unless you want excessive trigger reactivity... which has no place in tournament or rec play.

Operationally, the classic valve can perform faster than any player can manually pull the trigger, so performance is not an issue with it.

Short stroking was a common issue with classic valves caused by not fully releasing the trigger before pulling it for the next shot. Classic valves work great if you train yourself to have good trigger habits. That good habit often goes out the window in the heat of battle. The X-valve gives a bit more kick back on the trigger which eliminates short stroking, and the recharge rate is quicker. This means that it is more forgiving which allows you to fire faster without ideal trigger habits, even without tuning it to have a reactive trigger.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.