Thread: What pressure does the automag valve regulate to?

What pressure does the automag valve regulate to?

I was thinking of putting together a project with a capped valve -

Would someone know what pressure range the Automag valve is usually regulating down to? I saw an old warpig article that suggests the operating pressure is ~400 psi?

Knowing that pressure range I can start looking for an appropriate regulator and a relief valve/ safetly.

Thanks

If I remember right, tank pressure is regulated down to 450 psi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes about that. You are taking high pressure(~800psi) and bringing it down to the 400psi range. Of course that is not a set pressure, as all valves react differently, through area atmospheric pressure, the parts you use(L10 kits, different on/offs), and how worn in your valve is.

I would suggest AKA Sidewinder, STS, or 1liter regs, the ID HPR or even a Palmer Stabilizer.

Awesome that is great info thank you for the details. !

I was contemplating using a Female stabilizer, but was also pondering - if one could get around the mounting issues, could an empire relay regulator/asa be shimmed up to a 450psi output...

Quote Originally Posted by caylegeorge View Post

I was contemplating using a Female stabilizer, but was also pondering - if one could get around the mounting issues, could an empire relay regulator/asa be shimmed up to a 450psi output...
    Palmers made a side saddle stabilizer that would mount at the input of the mag valve. Not sure if they still do but doesn’t hurt to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://palmerspursuit.com/products/...i-1200-psi-max

Has a safety and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I would suggest AKA Sidewinder, STS, or 1liter regs, the ID HPR or even a Palmer Stabilizer.
    SST not STS. (Solid Stop Technology)
    2liter

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    SST not STS. (Solid Stop Technology)
    2liter
    Lol, thanks for the correction.

I was thinking of putting together a project with a capped valve -

Would someone know what pressure range the Automag valve is usually regulating down to? I saw an old warpig article that suggests the operating pressure is ~400 psi?

Knowing that pressure range I can start looking for an appropriate regulator and a relief valve/ safetly.

Thanks
    The operating pressure can vary depending on your barrel and level 10 spring used. A level 7 bolt with optimum barrel setup could get you in the pressure range of 350psi. A level 10 spring with vented barrel could put you in the 500 psi range. This is the reason mags require a high pressure tank to operate properly, since the tank pressure needs to be at least 200 psi or more above the operating pressure in order to maintain a good high impulse flow rate for high rates of fire.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.