Thread: Classic Mag Valve Issue

Classic Mag Valve Issue

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I just got back into playing and my classic mag is leaking from the valve every now and then. I got a rebuild kit for it from AGD and put all new rings in it from the kit including the reg seal. But as I was playing today it would keep blowing air from the valve every now and again and I would either have to shot a round off to get it to stop or smack the back of the valve pretty good with my hand. Did I put the seal in wrong or am I missing something?

can you tell where it is leaking from? new o rings sometimes need to break in and did you oil it?

Make sure the valve seat it in properly and that the area is clean. Also run some oil theough it. You might have gotten away with just oil before getting the new oring kit.

Hey guys that’s for the advice. I did oil it and I could have probably used the old seals but I had the new kit so why not use it. From what I can tell him I think it’s the reg seal. I’ll go in and check it for debris and see if that helps. I shot around a case through it so maybe after another case it will break in and stop leaking.

Also, pin point where the leak is coming from. If it is out the back, where the adjustment screw is, then its the reg seat and see above. But if it is around the split of the valve and reg bodies, then it could be the body oring. Put a couple wraps of teflon tape on the threads of the reg body. On my classic mag, i had some old orings(20 years old and orings went bad?), and had that leak(between the valve & reg bodies) as the newer orings are slightly thinner in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Also, pin point where the leak is coming from. If it is out the back, where the adjustment screw is, then its the reg seat and see above. But if it is around the split of the valve and reg bodies, then it could be the body oring. Put a couple wraps of teflon tape on the threads of the reg body. On my classic mag, i had some old orings(20 years old and orings went bad?), and had that leak(between the valve & reg bodies) as the newer orings are slightly thinner in diameter.
    Never put teflon tape anywhere near the inside on a Mag Valve. This is bad advice. Make sure the reg seat snaps in with the large end facing the reg body.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Never put teflon tape anywhere near the inside on a Mag Valve. This is bad advice. Make sure the reg seat snaps in with the large end facing the reg body.
    Funny, that is what Scott told me to do when the leak was at the body oring. So blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Funny, that is what Scott told me to do when the leak was at the body oring. So blame him.
    Maybe if you dont have a new oring as a last ditch effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtalley View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering what my older mag is worth and didn’t know if anyone could tell me. I bought it used a few years ago but from what I can tell it has a mismatched valve with a smart parts front section and a micro mag rear. I just upgraded to the ULE body since I liked the look of it and the feedneck.
    Thank y’all for any advice.
    Is this the valve. Got a better picture of just the valve?

https://automags.org/forums/showthre...26#post2933726
    Last edited by Beemer; 12-06-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Maybe if you dont have a new oring as a last ditch effort.
    No. Valve was leaking, used a new oring kit. Was the body oring, Scott told me to put on teflon tape.

Did this get sorted?

Is it leaking out the velocity adjustment nut? Did you put a level 10 bolt on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've replaced all the o-rings in the back half of the valve, and if it's still leaking out the back, then you could have (A) a bad o-ring, or (B) some debris in the valve, or (C) a dirty spring pack (which is #28 in the picture below).

https://p8ntballer-forums.com/proxy....39fab037e0b369

My guess is the spring pack, personally. If there's anything besides a little grease on that thing, it can prevent the springs from compressing right, which can lead to inconsistent velocity and leaks.

But if all else fails, take apart the whole valve one more time, clean it best you can, oil all the o-rings, and put it back together again. Sometimes just doing that makes the problems go away.