Thread: Leaking air near trigger (marker won't fire)

Exclamation Leaking air near trigger (marker won't fire)

Just got back into paintball after a 10-year break. Tried airing up my Automag RT Pro with ULE trigger (could have the name wrong it's been a while) and it's leaking air and won't fire. When I try to listen to where the air is coming from it seems to be from or nearby my trigger. When I pull the trigger the leak actually gets louder.

Was about to take the marker apart and see if any o-rings are busted or anything but figured I would ask here first.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Well I took apart my gun and the only thing that seemed to be broken is the bumper on the x-valve. It's not in the best shape and it seems to have some kind of glue or something on it. Anyone know what the gunk is and if this could cause the problem I'm having?

At least I think it's the bumper. Here's a pic below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pblegend View Post
    At least I think it's the bumper. Here's a pic below.
    That’s what’s left of your bumper. Clean it off and get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    That’s what’s left of your bumper. Clean it off and get a new one.
    Okay cool let's hope it fixes it!

The bumper isn’t the source of your air leak but should be replaced. Your air leak is almost certainly coming from the ULT setup. They can be difficult to tune properly with those tiny shims.

Replace it with a RT on/off. $40 from AGD. $35 from Drop Zone. Enjoy your working marker!

ULE triggers are usually a once you set it you don't mess with it aside from basic maintenance. If the ule trigger functioned fine before you stopped playing, I can say with some certainty that the assembly as a whole isn't the problem. I'm pretty sure that your problem lies with the really small black oring in the assembly. I can't tell you why the gun isn't firing, but I'm pretty sure that oring is the reason for your leak. I've teched 4 mags with ule trigger kits in them, they all had a similar leak coming from the on/off. When the owners replaced all the orings except for that one the on/off still had a small leak. When I replaced that one oring they missed, the leak stopped. If you separate the on/off assembly you will notice a small black oring on the on/off pin. Odds are pretty good thats your culprit for the leak. Replace the orings in the assembly if you still want to use ULE, if you don't want to use it anymore, throw in the stock rt on/off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for helping me I really appreciate it.

Not sure if the black o-ring is the problem though as it looks to be in good shape to me.

Here's a picture below of my on/off assembly. Let me know what you think.

Name:  Resized_20201210_124823.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  19.0 KBName:  Resized_20201210_124908.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  22.1 KB

The first time I encountered this problem was on my own ult. The oring looked good, but after changing all the orings save for that one. It was the only one left, to swap out. When I tried to remove it, it split in two. When I investigated further, somehow, it was brittle and broke into smaller pieces. When I was getting it ready for use, at the time I hadn't played in over 13 yrs. So, that's how I learned about it.

I'm not sure how to remove the o-ring properly but I squeezed it and moved it around some and it doesn't seem brittle to me. I'll buy another one and try to replace it though and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

As long as your careful, you can slowly and carefully separate the pin from there. Just be very careful, cause if it bends, well you know where this is going.

Replaced the on/off assembly with a new one and still having the same problem with leaking near the trigger. Any ideas on what else it could be?

If the orings are 10 yrs old as you state then you need to replace all of them. Let me know
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart