Thread: RT/X Valve Operating Pressure

RT/X Valve Operating Pressure

I read somewhere that the RT/X-Valve operating pressure was somewhere around 400 PSI. Can anyone confirm that? Assuming that is the case, what does that translate into actual force on the paintball? A lot of the newer paintball guns operate in the low 100’s yet still achieve the same FPS. How is this achieved and do those guns have less actual force put on the ball, in terms of the air hitting the ball, than the X-Valve does?

If I remember correctly, whether classic or rt/x valve there is 450psi in the dump chamber. When firing the the gun, the sear unhooks the bolt, the power tube releases the the air in such a way that actually uses 90 psi to fire when using level 7. With level 10, that is brought down to about 65 psi.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Thanks for the info. That would make it softer on paint than most modern guns!

Now that I think about it that tracks. Recently I was shooting some garbage white box Valken paint that was exploding every other shot through my DM Matrix. When I switched to my Level 10 RT Minimag the problem went away. The Matrix operating pressure is somewhere around 135psi and that was too much for that paint.

In my opinion, the problem stems from the paint being too damn brittle along with being smaller than before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk