Thread: Ebay Thoughts

Ebay Thoughts

Hey, just checking on ebay and noticed how crazy things are going on. Y-Frame for $340, Automag RTs for 500+, is everyone feeling okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Hey, just checking on ebay and noticed how crazy things are going on. Y-Frame for $340, Automag RTs for 500+, is everyone feeling okay?
    With limited production and a lot of players packed up their gear basically indefinitely I think Mag products will basically keep going up in price. Limited availability and all....

The resurgence in mech play helped a bit and the market was expected to see a small rise from the increase in demand and increase in baseline production costs, but what threw things for a loop was Uncle Donny/Joey's stimulus, they have the paintball market crazy right now, people are having those funds burning a hole in their pockets and feel comfortable tossing an extra hundred for two for something they've really wanted. I'm seeing certain cockers/mags/parts selling for 1-1.5k when a few years ago they were selling for 6/700$, I think prices will eventually drop a bit/plateau in the future, but man as of right now seeing the cost of used valves, hell at this point if I need an xvalve I'm just gonna buy it new

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    I think prices will eventually drop a bit/plateau in the future, but man as of right now seeing the cost of used valves, hell at this point if I need an xvalve I'm just gonna buy it new
    From where ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    From where ?
    Edit: I think prices will eventually drop a bit/plateau in the future, but man as of right now seeing the cost of used valves, hell at this point if I need an xvalve I'm just gonna *try to* buy it new

It's not necessarily extra money, though that has a part to play, but on the cocker front, it is more of the resurgence of the cocker as a platform due to more mech accessibility through Empire & Inception Designs introduction to a whole new generation of paintballers. Cockers had and will always have the idea of total customization from the user, so while today's guns are the best that can be built, the total lack of range of aftermarket parts for them other than a few triggers, ASAs, means that people can literally buy your gun "off the rack", as it were.

So cockers, imparticular, have on the market raw parts, different parts and a different build philosophy from old school to new school. That allows the end user to build not only "his/her dream gun" but also have something unique, which unique is always rare. Which is helped by people wantimg a challenge of scratch building a gun, building a dream gun, or maybe because they are older, wanting to slow down to play mech day, or they want to have a show piece/wall hanger that they can hold on too.

15 years ago, no one was shooting cockers. 10 years ago karnis and other higher end comolete guns and bodies, were hovering around the $300-600 price range. Then Empire released the Ressurection & s iler, changed(for the better) some user parts, and people rediscovered them. So fast forward to today, ID has not only made the custom cocker market viable, but has near everytbing you need to build & help fix old guns. Shocktech and others have been revitalized to also bring new & fresher designs, so you have a plethora of choices, but also that customization to your guns.

Mags are different in tbis aspect, as an Xvalve is an Xvalve. You may have ULE, or KAM or even VD rails, bodies & frames, but that only changes the appearance of the gun. Not much can be changed to the mechanics of how it fires(i saw this, as i have had at least 3 different people shoot my Ressurection and buy one, near immediately, it shot so nice. Yet they try to replicate what i did and can't). But what also changes the pricing of mag parts in general is that there is less of a supply of them. Which is good & bad. The supplies of L10 kits, Xvalves, ULE bodies, etc., have been exhausted from when TK was running it. It may have taken 10 years but those parts that still are being asked for are no longer available. So, AGD raises the prices on what they have left, as the cost to produce a new run of parts goes up, so the used market then raises, since there is a demand for them, and it becomes a seller's market.

Year ago, it was pretty stable on the used market. $200 for an Xvalve was standard. Less if it was abused or the seller wanted quick cash, but that was because a new Xvalve was $250 new. At $350(or there abouts) for a new Xvalve, and the used market surely has to come up.

I think folks have lost their minds ,, I'll never start building Mags again ,,,,, Bunny if ya have some free time , here's your personal invite ,, https://www.facebook.com/events/226080842530517

Gitchusum....

I'm re-reading this thread. I just bought a Minimag for $600+ the other day on ebay. At least it came with a reverse x-valve!!! Need to figure out a way to justify that one.

Instead of the stock market, I like to invest my money into automags