Thread: Two questions for you all

Two questions for you all

1. If you guys were doing a build and getting a custom ano. Would you include an Xvalve to be anod with it or would you leave the valve black?

2. Any of you run CO2 with any of your mags or you only using air?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    1. If you guys were doing a build and getting a custom ano. Would you include an Xvalve to be anod with it or would you leave the valve black?

2. Any of you run CO2 with any of your mags or you only using air?
    Thanks
    1. Depends on the anodize. Some look better with a matching anodize, others may pop more with a black anodized xvalve.

2. Most of the fields(if not all) have abandoned CO². As far as I know few fields in still have CO², I could be wrong though. Others will undoubtedly chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1. If you're going to have a valve anodized, make sure the person knows what they're doing. You need to remove the alignment pin in some cases and that isn't a part AGD sells unless you want to use the classic valve pin. Also, the power tube needs to be removed and honestly it's not worth the trouble. I had a valve anodized once and it looked ok, but I had trouble with it after.

2.You can easily run co2 in a classic mag, but an expansion chamber is helpful, otherwise the seals will break more often. I have one 9oz tank for my pump markers, but I haven't used co2 in quite a few years now. It's just obsolete for the most part.

no & no

I highly recommend not reanoing a valve. The tolerances are really tight in there and it is easy for someone to mess up. Even highly skilled anodizer don't like doing them.

If you are going to be using C02. you may want to stick with a classic valve.

As some have said if you are deadset on having a valve anodized talk to people who have had it done and use a reputable anodizer. Sucks to end up with a Xvalve paperweight.

I use CO2 on one automag. My stockclass pumpmag. Since 12 gram co2 is all that is allowed in true stockclass.
    Everything else I have except my other stockclass stuff I use compressed air. Mostly because I now only play at established fields and air is what they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I’d probably leave it black. I use all HP now, even on my classic valve,

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    no & no
    x2

ok thanks all, that is what i was kind of leaning towards. was not sure if i wanted to take the chance.

I did anodize one of my valves and it came out good:

As for the CO2, what is that, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I did anodize one of my valves and it came out good:

As for the CO2, what is that, anyways?
    dude that looks awesome, love the colors.
    is that Epmag with eyes?
    Also great to see you are still around.

I thought the objective was to put the colors on your opponent's faces, not your own guns.

I keep my classic valves around just in case I want to run CO2, but admittedly that never happens.

Can I ask why you're asking about CO2?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    I thought the objective was to put the colors on your opponent's faces, not your own guns.

I keep my classic valves around just in case I want to run CO2, but admittedly that never happens.

Can I ask why you're asking about CO2?

i am getting back inot the game after years. Today i started to go through my closet of stuff, took some pics of thing i have.
    Did not get to the tanks but i know i have some air and co2 tanks. I am sure the air tanks will need hydro, hope they are still within live.
    the co2 i have no idea but thought maybe that would be another option to use to get out to play.
    yeah i did not even think that fields might have gone air since most ppl playing were going that direction.

i am getting back inot the game after years. Today i started to go through my closet of stuff, took some pics of thing i have.
    Did not get to the tanks but i know i have some air and co2 tanks. I am sure the air tanks will need hydro, hope they are still within live.
    the co2 i have no idea but thought maybe that would be another option to use to get out to play.
    yeah i did not even think that fields might have gone air since most ppl playing were going that direction.
    CO2 tanks are still subject to hydro, with one exception...

After my first wave of expirations, I went strictly with 2" OD tanks (13ci, 17ci, 22ci). Aluminum tanks no larger than 2" OD and 2 feet in length are exempt from hydro testing (in the US).
    Last edited by GoatBoy; 04-27-2021 at 08:19 PM. Reason: ALUMINUM

dude that looks awesome, love the colors.
    is that Epmag with eyes?
    Also great to see you are still around.
    Thanks! That is a pure electro frame, not e-pneu. And it's blind. But then it has a level 10 so it works great anyways.

Another interesting thing about this one is that the barrel was an original Crown Point that got cut and threaded for Cocker compatibility and then I freaked it as well.