Thread: Tank Recommendations

Tank Recommendations

Hi all,

Getting back into the swing of things after about 12 years out. I need a new tank. Used to run 68/45 flatline but the tank is way out of hydro and we all know the reg seat deal. Pretty sure that was shot back then. Had whacky pressure going on. What are people using these days? Looking to to run a classic and building an x-valve gun with moderate RT. I had looked at powerhouse and immortal but it looks like a lot of them are out of stock and had been for a while?

Thanks for any guidance!

I suggest just getting a Ninja SHP and calling it a day. You can toggle the output pressure to between 900-1100psi if memory serves. The lower end of that should get you the moderate RT you want. The current tank offerings are much lighter than the older hp tanks. There may be some demand for that flatline reg of yours though, I never had one but I think they can still be rebuilt.

Thank you! I’ll check the Ninja out. I’m hoping someone dives in and recreates the reg seat for the 4500 flatline, but it’s not there yet. Going to hand on to it in hopes that they do.

Powerhouse, Immortal Air and Ninja all make good regs. You can't go wrong with any of them. Like you I still have my flatline 4500 in the event a reg seat can be sourced. Along with that I have a 2nd gen maxflo, 2 armageddons, 2 raptor rex regs that I need to rebuild. I'm currently using an Immortal Air Aura reg on my main, a First Strike Hero reg on my loaner, and my flatline 3k on my other loaner. Anyway, good luck finding a tank and reg you like.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badpennny View Post
    I suggest just getting a Ninja SHP and calling it a day. You can toggle the output pressure to between 900-1100psi if memory serves. The lower end of that should get you the moderate RT you want. The current tank offerings are much lighter than the older hp tanks. There may be some demand for that flatline reg of yours though, I never had one but I think they can still be rebuilt.
    Reg seats are all but impossible to get for the 4500's

I bought my last 68/4500 from Immortal Air, formerly Air America.

I prefer powerhouse tank regs, quality stuff made in the us. great customer service and the guy knows his way around mags too.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    I prefer powerhouse tank regs, quality stuff made in the us. great customer service and the guy knows his way around mags too.
    How high will they set the regs?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    If I remember correctly someone mentioned you can request a particular output.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You can request output pressures. i have some from 750-950. I believe others may have them set higher, but really i haven't needed anything more for rting unless someone comes to me wanting something with a higher rate i use my Armageddon for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I bought my last 68/4500 from Immortal Air, formerly Air America.

I second this company. Great guys and great products.
    JB
    Aggie Class of '09

Thank you, all! Looking into all of them and going to grab what's available. Seems like a bit of a backlog a lot of places.

Quote Originally Posted by CFEL08 View Post
    Thank you, all! Looking into all of them and going to grab what's available. Seems like a bit of a backlog a lot of places.
    If you want something immediately, a last option can be buying a tank and reg seperately. Ansgear has hk army extra light bottles only available. I used the 80 c.i bottle and put an Immortal Air Aura reg on it. You can also get a ninja reg from ans if you want, to go with that bottle.

Ended up with Immortal Air 77 as being the one I liked the most out of the available. Nice tank and reg. Crazy the weight and size difference compared to my old 68/45. I guess that’s what over a decade of technology will do. I also realized the “RT” terminology I used was a bit questionable for bounce vs return force. After reading hours of old threads and nice talks with Tim that’s been cleared up for me.

Thanks everyone!