Thread: RT On/Off in classic valve leaking

RT On/Off in classic valve leaking

.750 pin length RT classic on/off in automag classic valve leaking. Is this a pin length issue? I tried this a couple times, same result. Classic on/off works perfectly with all the same o-rings(except the tiny lower ping o-ring, no spares) Video attached. Frame bushing is in place, also tried tightening field screw with allen wrench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMu_guClhwQ

You should start by replacing the “tiny lower pin o-ring”. Based on the info/video you provided, that is likely the culprit. Since you don’t have spares at the moment, a thorough cleaning and application of oil may resolve it.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Ok, ill try to get that o-ring out and ispect it. This is literally a brand new on/off assembly from AGD. I lubed everything before installing and tried not to overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardCF39 View Post
    Ok, ill try to get that o-ring out and ispect it. This is literally a brand new on/off assembly from AGD. I lubed everything before installing and tried not to overdo it.
    Remove the tiny oring and check it on the pin. It should be snug not loose.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

It's quite snug and requires effort to move the pin through it. Similar amount of stiction as the top seal around the larger section of the pin. I will get some air this weekend and mess with it more on video.

There are a bunch of really bad pearly white looking orings around that are causing all sorts of trouble. Try some old orings and see if you can't find where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    There are a bunch of really bad pearly white looking orings around that are causing all sorts of trouble. Try some old orings and see if you can't find where the problem is.
    He said those orings he has works with the classic on/off. It is not making any sense. Maybe inspect under magnification and see if one has a cut in it.

I also got a tip to flip over that small dia. pin o-ring. I will get some air today and mess around with it. Is it possible it needs to break in??? In the video it was changing a bit the more the messed around with it.

So I got my tank filled... I had completely taken apart the RT on/off and lubed everything heavily, I don't know for certain if I flipped over the tiny o-ring as I removed it and inspected it thoroughly so I lost track of its up/down orientation. First time I air up the gun NO LEAKS. Marker works exactly as it should. It was either from me being too sparse on oil or the little o-ring just liked being upside down.