Thread: Rumored major price increase coming to paint

Rumored major price increase coming to paint

If you follow any of the paintball pages on social media you probably have already read the rumors that not only will the price of a case of paint be going up drastically, but that the manufacturers will be lowering the case counts to 1600. If so, how will that effect you?

Truthfully, right now it probably wouldn't take much to push me completely away from playing and fully into real steel.

More pump and mech, less electro

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

How much is it now and how much will it be??

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    How much is it now and how much will it be??
    1600 is the big rumor for how much will be in a case, the price increase is still an unknown

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Depends on how much of a price increase we're talking. I don't mind paying a little more, as long as I'm getting a properly sized and consistent paint like the good old days. Instead of paying for oblong and undersized piss poor excuse of a paintball.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spend most of my play money shooting sporting clays the last year or so, a price increase won't bother me that much.

The great majority of my leisure money is also spent on paintball and firearms. The increase of ammunition has come down some since covid started, but it’s still about 2-3x what the pre-covid ammo prices were. I think it’s safe to assume there are more firearm enthusiasts than paintballers, as well as additional political factors for firearms and ammo. The Russian ammo import ban is starting to be felt, and will likely make things worse.

Paintballs, without the same political factors, will likely see 10-30% increase like most other products. Going to 1600 at the same price is essentially a 25% increase, so maybe that will be it, or maybe the price will also increase 5%.

It stinks, but I don’t think switching hobbies to anything else with consumables or fees will escape the price increases.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

I've seen these reports , IMO the 1600 case thing is BS ( think 50 cal ) , if they change packaging lines it will cost them a bunch of cash & it not like they can use the same boxes with lower paint per bag count ( they won't stack well ; think pallets )
    Pricing , I can't believe it hasn't gone up already , sad but at this point the best paint comes from Korea & china ( IMO ) ,, BUT , Gino just bought APX , So who knows what gonna happen with that , If he can bring Graffiti Quality paint to the US IMO he can corner the market in the USA , regardless of cost ( as long as it's not crazy $ )
    Paintball & Preston County Paintball is my retirement , I won't be gettin out till I die . As far as cost , I'll split the cost with my customer base , my pricing is cheap to begin with ( 30$ rental kit with a bag of paint ) .
    My real steel and shootin hobby is stagnant , I got the steel I need , and consumables are still jut 2 expensive & sometimes not replaceable , some huntin rounds ya just cant find

I dont like it but unless your talking double or triple the price it wont change how I play.

I only get out 3 or 4 times a year max. Two of which are stockclass games. And almost always have paint left over from playing. So its really not a huge it problem for me. Annoying yes. I know this isnt the case for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Been using Pro Shar mostly.

Picking up a few America First this week at $35 a case.

I am not seeing a price increase...

Just saw a rumor that HKArmy has confirmed they're not reducing case count and pricing will remain 'similar.'

Well , I guess everyone knows Gino bought the Cali paint company ( APX ? ) , Ginos now askin questions about packaging on the book , seems most are sayin stick with what we got , quit spending so much on printing& sell us good paint ,
    I really hope he can make Graffiti Quality paint here in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Been using Pro Shar mostly.

Picking up a few America First this week at $35 a case.

I am not seeing a price increase...
    The last Pro Shar I got , literally had nipples on them , let me know how that America First works out

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    The last Pro Shar I got , literally had nipples on them , let me know how that America First works out
    Shot just fine, 4 out of 5 broke on a drop test.

Wouldnt hesitate to buy it again.

For the last few years I've been buying Valken Graffiti. The company is located in New Jersey, only a few states away from me, so I can buy direct from them, which means less shipping time and less time sitting in a truck where the temperature isn't regulated. (Obviously this might not be the case for you if you live on the west coast.) I still get some dimpled paintballs in each order, but not a lot. Probably less than 10%. My friends and I have probably shot a few dozen cases of Graffiti over the last few years, and so far it's been very good to us. I have no plans to change.

The price has remained relatively constant during that whole time, about $55-$60 a case. But who knows what the future will bring.

It depends how old the graffiti is.

In the past I've gotten some down here that would hardly break.

But a couple years ago at the Fulda Gap game it was phenomenal.

I've been shootin Grafitti for about 10 years now , ( after Marbs went to crap ) , I play scenarios on a regular basis , shoot different brands ( when forced to ) of all the paint I've shot in the past 10 , Graffiti shoots the best , Hands Down , those that know me , know I own a small field , the only paint I carry is Graf , even my rentals shoot straighter with it ! I did a vid a couple years ago shootin 2 yr old Graf with no problems , still shootin straight and breaks damn near ever time ,,,,,,,, Just My opinion , backed by Hank Science

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    In the past I've gotten some down here that would hardly break.
    It's definitely not the most brittle paint out there. I wouldn't use it if I were playing in tournaments where every hit absolutely has to count. Or if I played pump. But I play with lots of guys who use older blowbacks, so we need something with a tougher shell. Otherwise we get more barrel breaks.

i want something that shoots where i am looking

It's been going around the industry as a Poll. I don't think many field operators voted to switch paint box count. 1600 rounds would simply be stupid in my opinion as a field owner. We all still want 500 count bags and that would screw that over.
    Price is bound to go up. It should. The industry has been underpriced for way too long. I don't think it's going to be shocking. 10 percent range.
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com