Thread: Speed Master Lonely

Speed Master Lonely

​Look what I've got! The only one known to exist in 2021! There were less than 20 ever fabricated in the early 90s. The last time I saw one in person was in 1995 or so. I spent the last 20+ years trying to get one and now it finally happened! With this, I now have the pistol, the pump and the semi auto version of the Speed Master! Wow!! Hahahaha I haven't been so excited about paintball in years!! And yes, it's seen better days. Internals are stuck and I couldn't disassemble it yet so we will see if I can get it running again.

I'll try to take more/better pictures tomorrow, including with the other two markers and will then update this post.​

Nice

Back story?

I've never even heard of these

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Me neither. I have never seen one before.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Speed Masters were fabricated in Brazil in the early 90s. They made 3 markers, being one Nelson based pump, another one being an semi-auto that is similar to the Auto Traccer using cocker like pneumatics on an aluminum front block and then this one, which was also a Nelson based pump very similar to the 007 but with an integrated 1oz CO2 tank at the back, embedded in the valve body. They also made a prototype of another semi-auto that used an Automag clone valve but with a different body. That last one, I have never seen one in person nor in pictures and I know that they built less than 10. Here you have pictures of my pump and semi:

Wonder if they took the old autococker pump to auto cocker conversion kits and designed their own off it?

Made in Brasil but the markings are in English instead of Portuguese? My sister-in-law is Brasilian and said English is rarely used there, exceptions maybe being in the largest cities - Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. Very strange. Were these Speed Masters prototypes with eventual production meant for export?
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Wonder if they took the old autococker pump to auto cocker conversion kits and designed their own off it?
    My understanding is that they mimicked the auto-traccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Stick View Post
    Made in Brasil but the markings are in English instead of Portuguese? My sister-in-law is Brasilian and said English is rarely used there, exceptions maybe being in the largest cities - Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. Very strange. Were these Speed Masters prototypes with eventual production meant for export?
    Market and perception. It's true that most Brazilians don't speak English but there are several products and companies in the market who operate with English names (top of mind are McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Pringles, Ben & Jerry's and many other food related products/companies). Also, they were competing against imported products that were perceived as higher quality products so that helped them blend in. To my knowledge, they never exported these markers, contrary to the Brute line of products but maybe they did have plans to do it and those plans just didn't fly.

Update. Serial number for this Lonely pistol is 01! That's awesome! Also, I managed to completely disassemble and the bolt and hammer were mismatched inside it. I put them in the correct order and now the internals are not stuck any longer. But, as nothing is perfect, the CO2 tank is empty and there is no valve between it and the hammer so currently, it's non-functional. I'll need to fabricate one if I want to get this up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    My understanding is that they mimicked the auto-traccer.
    Ah...that looks likely. Had forgotten about it.

Dang serial 01 from an already hard to find manufacturer.

That's pretty legit

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk