Thread: New Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Project

I would like to have a paintball gun made. I have come up with two designs.

First Design is an Automag or RT with a clam shell body like a Tippmann 98 Custom or Tippmann Cronus

Second Design is a paintball gun with a clan shell body like a Tippmann 98 Custom or Tippmann Cronus and Kingman Spyder Popit Valve style Penumatics

Any leads to gun names or help with creation would be appreaciated

I like Fully Mechanical Paintball Guns. Tho if I had to have a spare I could go for an Electric Paintball Gun.

These are a few of my Ideas that I wanted to share. I thought This is a good place to bring this up.

So any help with the creation like CAD or Multiaxis CNCing like companys that can get the raw materials and the manufacturing of it would be appreciated.

Feel free to Post Links and Valuable Information for this project or your own

INFO
    Robert George Dimick Jr
    4 Windward Way, Baltimore, Maryland, 21220
    Phone 4434654943
    Fax 4103359319
    Last edited by robertgeorgedimickjr; 02-21-2022 at 09:40 PM.

The mag idea is doable because all the pnumatics are contained in the mag valve. You could probably modify an existing 98 or a5 body to work with the valve in it. It would still be a lot of work but it's possible with a clamshell

The spyder idea on the other hand, wouldn't work with a clamshell body or at a minimum, it wouldn't actually be a clamshell because internally you would need a solid tube to encase the valve in. You could run a clamshell over that but it would just be cosmetics and really I'm not sure it's possible with a 98 body as I don't believe there is enough room inside to have a solid body and then a clamshell on top. Most likely you would be designing and making the clamshell from scratch just to be a cosmetic piece. At that point I think you're best idea is to take an existing spyder and 3d print whatever body you want over top of it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

https://www.automags.org/forums/show...e-Bodies/page2

Why dont you just PM Luke and get one of the complete custom markers he's making ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    https://www.automags.org/forums/show...e-Bodies/page2

Why dont you just PM Luke and get one of the complete custom markers he's making ?

Probably cause that is not what he is asking...

In all honesty, doing something custom like that, taking an mag valve and outting into a custom body will cost you money, like stupid amounts of money. Meaning this project will cost you more mo ey than it is worth. So you really have to think that what you're trying to do is worth it.

You also have to think about why? If you want a sleeper, i.e. it looks like a M98 but is totally different; while that has some merit, it is not really that important anymore, as it doesn't matter how a paintball is delivered down range much anymore. But i also personally like to do things different.

Asking someone to take on a project like this without any sort of mention of financial backing is not going to bring anyone to your door. I have done a few projects like this, highly modifying something but rarely have they gone to be finished with any sort of completion worth a damn.

So, i would suggest you do as much leg work in getting a few bodies and a valve and just start playing around with how the valve would have to sit in the body halves, how you would connect the trigger, how close you need to be toward the feedneck and barrel, where the airlines would have to go, etc and so forth. In other words, there is a lot you can do and need to do. And doing as much as you can, even with you using a dremil and playing around with ideas would be a great start. Then when you reach a point where you need to have parts masvhined or precision cut, can you better approach someone with a tangible project to look for completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    In all honesty, doing something custom like that, taking an mag valve and outting into a custom body will cost you money, like stupid amounts of money. Meaning this project will cost you more mo ey than it is worth. So you really have to think that what you're trying to do is worth it.
    It's not always about the price tag you know.

If that's where you put the value cool, not everyone does

Not to mention, according to your own reasoning, you should probably be shooting something like a spyder Victor or brass eagle. You said it's not important how the paintball gets down range and those markers will put paint down range. Compared to them, any automag costs stupid amounts of money but does the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    It's not always about the price tag you know.

If that's where you put the value cool, not everyone does

Not to mention, according to your own reasoning, you should probably be shooting something like a spyder Victor or brass eagle. You said it's not important how the paintball gets down range and those markers will put paint down range. Compared to them, any automag costs stupid amounts of money but does the same thing

The cool factor to you is priceless and by all means should pursue it. I still have dreams of maming a closed bolt tippmann carbine, just because. But the cool factor doesn't bring people in to share your vision. Cost in time, even conceptionallly is the mitigating factor. Cost was not a scared factor but an understanding that they will come and completing them will sometimes be an expense that you may not be prepared for.

As to my personal choices, they are also personal. There are always better ways to do a job, and then there are the personal ways to a job. Just like some prefer nelson-based pumps or sheridan or other based pumps. Literally different strokes for different folks.

If your really serious I can help with CAD design.

I'm sure the AO machinists would be able to make the bodies, Given they have the time. Xmagterror or Luke are the AO machinists

I have some reservations about the clamshell idea but its your project.

I can absolutely tell you the whole thing wont be cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

^^^ lol