Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay totally sucks. Be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    If the government would stop waste and fraud with the money it already receives from us then maybe we all would be paying about 1/2 of what we pay now. I have no sympathy for this government which is growing larger and more abusive every day. You voted for it...I did not. I think we have something like 9000 government agencies now. They are largest employer in the US. That needs to change. That is not sitting well with me.
    Yes, so let us go collect taxes on some IDK, fraudulent wannabe billionaire that should be paying more than he is and remove the grift from his practices.

You see dear Tuna, when you have things, you need to regulate them, so they run correctly and you have people there to do those agencies. So, you have to have people there do said jobs, thus there work helps the economy, and they pay taxes on their income; it is the corcle of life. So when you have questions, or need enforcement, you have that ability to serve the people.

Gutting the government means that you are stripping any meaning, any need and any necessity of that, when the poopy hits the fan, there is something there to help, not be a meme for why government is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Yes, so let us go collect taxes on some IDK, fraudulent wannabe billionaire that should be paying more than he is and remove the grift from his practices.

You see dear Tuna, when you have things, you need to regulate them, so they run correctly and you have people there to do those agencies. So, you have to have people there do said jobs, thus there work helps the economy, and they pay taxes on their income; it is the corcle of life. So when you have questions, or need enforcement, you have that ability to serve the people.

Gutting the government means that you are stripping any meaning, any need and any necessity of that, when the poopy hits the fan, there is something there to help, not be a meme for why government is bad.
    Nobody, this is theft plain and simple. It’s the same as the mafia saying you need to pay them for protection from the mafia or you business is going to get busted up, just with the government it is called taxation and not solicitation as it would be with anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
    if the government would stop waste and fraud with the money it already receives from us then maybe we all would be paying about 1/2 of what we pay now. I have no sympathy for this government which is growing larger and more abusive every day. You voted for it...i did not. I think we have something like 9000 government agencies now. They are largest employer in the us. That needs to change. That is not sitting well with me.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by dstud2000 View Post
    Nobody, this is theft plain and simple. It’s the same as the mafia saying you need to pay them for protection from the mafia or you business is going to get busted up, just with the government it is called taxation and not solicitation as it would be with anyone else.

Actually, no. It is called "terms & service". To use ebay, you must adhere to their rules and if they wish to include taxation, so be it. As stated before, it was there before, just never enforced much. So if you don't want to pay it, don't use the service. That is your right.

This has nothing to do with the mafia, as the government isn't profiting off you, it uses that money to provide for it's citizens.

While no one likes to pay taxes, too kany forget what those taxes provide, like paying for police, fire and other emergency personnel, the roads you travel on, the military, etc and so forth. Only criminals don't pay their taxes.
    Last edited by Nobody; 02-20-2022 at 02:12 AM.

Actually, no. It is called "terms & service". To use ebay, you must adhere to their rules and if they wish to include taxation, so be it. As stated before, it was there before, just never enforced much. So if you don't want to pay it, don't use the service. That is your right.

This has nothing to do with the mafia, as the government isn't profiting off you, it uses that money to provide for it's citizens.

While no one likes to pay taxes, too kany forget what those taxes provide, like paying for police, fire and other emergency personnel, the roads you travel on, the military, etc and so forth. Only criminals don't pay their taxes.
    I don't even think it necessary to extend the discussion to those other services provided by taxation.

Selling on eBay requires a functional internet, a postal service, roads [DOT], bridges, FAA, and airports. I would also list the banking system, Treasury, and capital markets [SEC], but I doubt anyone opposed to paying tax would agree that those are necessary. They would probably also agree that crypto can replace the dollar and that crypto gains should not be taxable even if converted back into USD.

eBay reporting requirements are still much less burdensome than being an independent contractor or W-2 employee, and once again, it does not increase anyone's tax burden.

I'll be teaching a zoom class next week for anyone that wants to learn how to assign inventory cost to the parts after you buy a whole gun and part it out.

And to really poke the bear, we will be doing a survey to see how many people with side businesses are paying inventory tax.

As far as eBay goes I was not referring to eBay but the reporting rule in general. Secondly as far as paying taxes, yes never said we shouldn’t pay taxes, a certain amount to cover defense, borders, and the common needs of the citizenry. Unfortunately this HAS been abused, so yes those in and connected to government HAVE been profiting off my taxes. And actually yes taxation is the same as solicitation except taxation is supposed to be kept reasonable and held to account which it is not. So yes that makes it no different than a legalization of mafia like tactics. You pay or we take it away. Don’t forget a big chunk of the reason for our war of independence was over taxation without representation. Many, many folks are feeling as if they are not being adequately represented in government and if history has proven anything when you mess with peoples pocket books too much there is bound to be a backlash.

As far as eBay goes I was not referring to eBay but the reporting rule in general. Secondly as far as paying taxes, yes never said we shouldn’t pay taxes, a certain amount to cover defense, borders, and the common needs of the citizenry. Unfortunately this HAS been abused, so yes those in and connected to government HAVE been profiting off my taxes. And actually yes taxation is the same as solicitation except taxation is supposed to be kept reasonable and held to account which it is not. So yes that makes it no different than a legalization of mafia like tactics. You pay or we take it away. Don’t forget a big chunk of the reason for our war of independence was over taxation without representation. Many, many folks are feeling as if they are not being adequately represented in government and if history has proven anything when you mess with peoples pocket books too much there is bound to be a backlash.

Yup, i kinda knew someone would go there, "no taxation, without representation ". Yet, they know the words, use the words but fail to bring together the 2 points. 1, was the fact that the English Government wanted to pass taxes and dictate to the colonies rules to live by but not allow the colonies the chance to adjust laws for the circumstances of being across the Atlantic. And 2, we, the former colonies did not oppose taxes, merely wanted those taxes to more readily effect the colonies, i.e. if you tax us, then let us see the those taxes at work.

So, in reality, your use of the saying is great for a meme but fails under scrutiny of history and fact. So no, again your idea of anything being "just like" or "no different" is wrong, plain and simple. The laws state that this is legal. Laws are use against those that act in illegal manners and assign recompense(jail, execution, money). While you can sue the government, when they break the laws, just saying so does nothing. If you don't like the people breaking the laws they make, allow corruption & grift and similar; then vote them out of office. Make change and don't support those that continue going against your ideals of how the government is run/running.

Many, many folks are feeling as if they are not being adequately represented in government...
    I know it feels that way sometimes, but it's not true.

When Trump was elected, I didn't feel like I was being represented in the US government. But the fact of the matter was yes, most of my values and ideas were still there. They were represented by people like Romney and Kaine and literally hundreds of other senators and congressmen and various other staffers. Were my values and beliefs "winning" at that time? No. But that doesn't mean they weren't represented.

Representation goes both ways, after all. I'm represented in government, but then again other people who disagree with me are also represented in government. That means that nobody is truly happy with the outcome all the time. That's just the way it is. Sometimes we compromise. Sometimes my side wins. Sometimes your side wins. That's democracy.

And yes, I agree that there is corruption in government. Many of our tax dollars are wasted or even stolen. But I don't think the answer to that corruption is to get rid of the government, or even specific government agencies. The answer is to replace the people who are corrupt and to pass laws that make it harder for people in power to abuse the system.
    Last edited by rawbutter; 02-21-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post

When Trump was elected, I didn't feel like I was being represented in the US government. But the fact of the matter was yes, most of my values and ideas were still there. They were represented by people like Romney and Kaine and literally hundreds of other senators and congressmen and various other staffers. Were my values and beliefs "winning" at that time? No. But that doesn't mean they weren't represented.

Representation goes both ways, after all. I'm represented in government, but then again other people who disagree with me are also represented in government. That means that nobody is truly happy with the outcome all the time. That's just the way it is. Sometimes we compromise. Sometimes my side wins. Sometimes your side wins. That's democracy.

And yes, I agree that there is corruption in government. Many of our tax dollars are wasted or even stolen. But I don't think the answer to that corruption is to get rid of the government, or even specific government agencies. The answer is to replace the people who are corrupt and to pass laws that make it harder for people in power to abuse the system.
    I feel the same way about Biden. He let 2 million illegal aliens into this country that we are paying for. Maybe you should work a few more hours for free to help pay for them. I will not.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I feel the same way about Biden. He let 2 million illegal aliens into this country that we are paying for. Maybe you should work a few more hours for free to help pay for them. I will not.
    The lefty idiots are out in force again. I guess the economy and every other aspect of the country is blossoming under this administration..

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    The lefty idiots are out in force again. I guess the economy and every other aspect of the country is blossoming under this administration..
    And by that, you mean that more people are getting jobs, the economy is growing, infrastructure is being addressed, then yes. It is good to see a president actually doing something for the country instead of himself and his lackeys.

And by that, you mean that more people are getting jobs, the economy is growing, infrastructure is being addressed, then yes. It is good to see a president actually doing something for the country instead of himself and his lackeys.
    LOL

Now that was hilarious.

Rose colored glasses for sure.

Yup, i kinda knew someone would go there, "no taxation, without representation ". Yet, they know the words, use the words but fail to bring together the 2 points. 1, was the fact that the English Government wanted to pass taxes and dictate to the colonies rules to live by but not allow the colonies the chance to adjust laws for the circumstances of being across the Atlantic. And 2, we, the former colonies did not oppose taxes, merely wanted those taxes to more readily effect the colonies, i.e. if you tax us, then let us see the those taxes at work.

So, in reality, your use of the saying is great for a meme but fails under scrutiny of history and fact. So no, again your idea of anything being "just like" or "no different" is wrong, plain and simple. The laws state that this is legal. Laws are use against those that act in illegal manners and assign recompense(jail, execution, money). While you can sue the government, when they break the laws, just saying so does nothing. If you don't like the people breaking the laws they make, allow corruption & grift and similar; then vote them out of office. Make change and don't support those that continue going against your ideals of how the government is run/running.
    Again you do not read my entire statement. I said “One” of the reasons, please read the Declaration of Independence as it lays out an entire list of grievances. And yes that amounted to taxation without representation. The British viewed colonist at the time as second class citizens and they were not afforded representation in the House of Commons, they understood the need for taxes but just wanted a voice of representation in the House of Commons to help decide what those taxes were and how to be used. So again you are only partially right. I never said the laws were illegal but that said laws are not always agreed upon, hence why we have entire branch of government in the courts to determine and interpret what the laws are and their Constitutionality in regards to our founding documents and other judicial precedence. We have a two party system that affords us the ability to elect representatives of either persuasion some times one party is in control, others it is the other party, and finally sometimes it is divided too evenly and becomes gridlocked. What I might believe is too much taxes you may view as not enough taxes. That is fine, fortunately we do not live in a democracy but a democratic republic as well as a federalist form of government. So I can choose to live in an area where the laws maybe different from where you live. That’s fine. Each state, each local municipality is a microcosm of representative government that can afford us to live in the way we see fit. If you want to be a jackass and a ****ing moron, I will say God Bless You and have a nice day because that is your right as an American. If I want to believe taxation above a certain level is nothing more than legalized theft then that is my ****ing right and I will vote according to what I learn and study about the candidates who wish for me to vote for them into office.

Ebay totally sucks. Be careful

Rawbutter this goes beyond current politics of the day, and I never said any agency or institutions should be torn down or taken away. Yes sometimes one ideology wins for a time and yes the other ideology wins, and sometimes we are grid locked. That is fully understandable and acceptable. Hence the reason behind the founders creating a federalist form of government so that things that affect people most are handled and represented at the local level first and foremost and then move up the chain. This allows the max amount of liberty as people can move into regions of the country that best fits their needs and ideals. What works in Texas obviously may not work in New York yet we all stand together as one when needed. To express one’s view and to say I feel that my beliefs are not being represented is not abnormal, every 2, 4, and 6 years we hold elections to try and remake our government to hopefully best represent us at all levels. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it makes us happy and other times it may make us angry. Yet we keep trying and that’s the point.

Who are you getting that info from now that Rachel Madcow is off the air?

Rawbutter this goes beyond current politics of the day, and I never said any agency or institutions should be torn down or taken away.
    You're right. Sorry about that.

I agree with most of the other things you're saying, by the way. I don't really think we're that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody
    Let's not go down that road again. We all know that you don't trust any of the liberal news sources, and vice versa. Let's try to keep this thread focused on taxes so it doesn't get shut down like all the others.

...taxation is the same as solicitation except taxation is supposed to be kept reasonable and held to account which it is not. That makes it no different than a legalization of mafia-like tactics. You pay or we take it away.
    Where did you get this from?

I'm not trying to be snarky. It's just that this is the third time I've heard this line from conservatives in the last year or so. I was myself a conservative for 20 years before switching, and I never heard that line during all that time. So, I'm honestly just intellectually curious where it's coming from...who said it...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    LOL

Now that was hilarious.

Rose colored glasses for sure.

Some people are really that effen stupid

Go figure that I decided to do ebay selling for the first time ever last year... I was wondering why I was getting hit with so much tax BS.

You're right. Sorry about that.

I agree with most of the other things you're saying, by the way. I don't really think we're that far off.
    No need to be sorry brother. Healthy debate is needed more than ever not just toxic tribalism.

I'm not trying to be snarky. It's just that this is the third time I've heard this line from conservatives in the last year or so. I was myself a conservative for 20 years before switching, and I never heard that line during all that time. So, I'm honestly just intellectually curious where it's coming from...who said it...etc.
    That is a very, very old point of view. It’s been around since the passing of the 16th amendment in 1909 and it’s ratification in 1913 I believe it was. Basically ever since the federal government gave itself the power to levy personal income tax.

You did the opposite of me, through college and university I was democrat then after I got into the workforce I switched to republican.

I get my news from sources that do not make up lies(foxnews reporting people died in Canada during the protest), get fixated on non-issue(Hilary Clinton running again for president), blowing up things out of proportion(the Durham report), and aren't spreading pro-russian propaganda(basically, the opinion hours).

68 Automag Classic, ReTro valve, Lvl. 10, 16" Dye Boomstick, AGD chrome Intelliframe, Shocktech black cradle, Air America Armegeddon 114/4500, Smartparts gadget grip

A.N.S. GX-3 Autococker,Eclipse swing frame, Air America Messiah Reg.

AO Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1521330

I get my news from sources that do not make up lies(foxnews reporting people died in Canada during the protest), get fixated on non-issue(Hilary Clinton running again for president), blowing up things out of proportion(the Durham report), and aren't spreading pro-russian propaganda(basically, the opinion hours).
    We will see about that Mr Know it all...Just keep in mind that John Durham has NEVER lost a case. Will you listen when other people start getting indicted or just blow that off too?. You need to get out more from under that bridge.

We will see about that Mr Know it all...Just keep in mind that John Durham has NEVER lost a case. Will you listen when other people start getting indicted or just blow that off too?. You need to get out more from under that bridge.
    I think my favorite part of him is that he condescends to people constantly and then doesn't realize why people are hostile back to him. It's like watching a monkey press the button over and over again that shocks him versus the other one that gives him a treat.

-Brett-

Lol, there is no case. If not, when when he released his reports, indictments would have surely followed. And in fact, Durham himself has distanced himself from the report, meaning that the right is blowing up the verbage(and yes, it could be read either way, for and against) just because the right has it out for Hilary because they can not do anything but finger point at all the bad people when they should be looking in the mirror.

And to correct you, i work on top of the bridge, looking down at those that try to make fun of me. Also, to further correct you, since you seem to love Rachel Maddow, though she is not doing her broadcasts, the writers who work for her are still writing for her hour. So, different person, same opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pimped mag 01 View Post
    I think my favorite part of him is that he condescends to people constantly and then doesn't realize why people are hostile back to him. It's like watching a monkey press the button over and over again that shocks him versus the other one that gives him a treat.

-Brett-
    Well, if having a different opinion is condensation, then i guess you have never had an original though. I guess you only like to follow what others say, stay in line ,never make waves. It is easy to follow the masses but it takes courage to walk the path least travelled. So, be original, come up with something new.

Well, if having a different opinion is condensation, then i guess you have never had an original though. I guess you only like to follow what others say, stay in line ,never make waves. It is easy to follow the masses but it takes courage to walk the path least travelled. So, be original, come up with something new.
    Big words coming from someone who follows the status quo.

Name:  Screenshot_20220222-111637.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  51.8 KB
    Last edited by pimped mag 01; 02-23-2022 at 07:58 AM.