Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Gas pump tyranny/fascism

Quote Originally Posted by pimped mag 01 View Post
    Im more Shaggy than anything
    No, scrappy-doo is more akin. You popped up out of no where, no asked for you and we can't wait to get rid of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No, scrappy-doo is more akin. You popped up out of no where, no asked for you and we can't wait to get rid of you.
    I think you're the only one who wants me gone but I never left homie
    Last edited by pimped mag 01; 06-17-2022 at 03:55 AM.
    68 Automag Classic, ReTro valve, Lvl. 10, 16" Dye Boomstick, AGD chrome Intelliframe, Shocktech black cradle, Air America Armegeddon 114/4500, Smartparts gadget grip

A.N.S. GX-3 Autococker,Eclipse swing frame, Air America Messiah Reg.

AO Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1521330

Who exactly is "WE"?
    The voices in your head don't count.
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
    Who exactly is "WE"?
    The voices in your head don't count.
    Lol, I don't have any voices but a jukebox full of songs.

The we is to all of those people who chose not to post in this thread but have totally disagreed with everything being said. Again, the quiet masses.

One thing that I actually do with to pontificate on is the idea of "Putin is to blame". Now it on the surface is hard to understand why, and I get it, as geopolitics is not something many of us here come into contact with, but if you do consider a few possible(and I say possible as I do not have all the information that our government has) reasons why.

1) Russia sells petroleum. One of the main exports of Russia is petroleum, from actual gasoline to fuel oils & natural gas. When Russia invaded the Ukraine, many countries either shut down imports or drastically moved away from Russian supplies. Whether it was for geopolitical reasons for the russian invasion of not wanting to fund a war of aggression or other deals on energy.

2) because of the invasion, those countries that stopped or even cut off imports of Russian petroleum,have to make up the losses in energy some place else, which in turn means that they have to look to other countries to buy it from. For example:

20 countries stopped Russian imports
    20 countries are looking at places like Opec or the US to make up the losses
    Those new countries if they did not increase production are now at a net loss of supply
    Demand is higher & supply hasn't increased thus prices go up

3) so demand in the world has gone up because the balance of 1 product, petroleum is upset. And because the entire world is effected by inflation[the US is middle of the pack at nearly 9%, but not as bad as Turkey at 74%), and supplies have not gone up to take up loss of, everyone is feeling it.

4) unless Putin stops the invasion, which he won't and the world keeps denying access to the world banking system to Russia, Putin is in a loose loose position. If Russia stops now, it will take forever to go back to pre-invasion status. But all indications show that it is the only end to Ukraine is going to be when one country is bled dry and has literally nothing left.

5) until the world production of gasoline increases to break the demand, the cost will keep going up. There is no incentive for the record breaking profits that petroleum companies are making to end.

Muh Pootin is making gas expensive!

Name:  Screenshot_20220611-112801.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  55.3 KB

The we is to all of those people who chose not to post in this thread but have totally disagreed with everything being said. Again, the quiet masses.
    Man are they going to be disappointed

Muh Pootin is making gas expensive!
    I mean, do you disagree?

I suppose that would be the Golgafrinchams?

(That would be a literary reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    I mean, do you disagree?
    I mean if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you real cheap. I'll even throw the water in for free

-Brett-

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
    I suppose that would be the Golgafrinchams?

(That would be a literary reference)
    That would be the Golgafrinchans from the planet of Golgafrincham. LOL

I mean if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you real cheap. I'll even throw the water in for free

-Brett-
    So let's talk about this. Can you elaborate? Do you simply not agree with the stance the United States and the entire West took against Russia? Sanctions and aid to Ukraine? Higher gas prices are a known consequence of those sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
    So let's talk about this. Can you elaborate? Do you simply not agree with the stance the United States and the entire West took against Russia? Sanctions and aid to Ukraine? Higher gas prices are a known consequence of those sanctions.
    Those gas prices were rising well before any of this nonsense happened with Russia and Ukraine. I don't agree with any of the things we did involving mean ol Putin or that clown running Ukraine that we installed in 2014. I'm sick of these brother wars that we keep getting involved in. There's more going on in Ukraine than the media tells.

Those gas prices were rising well before any of this nonsense happened with Russia and Ukraine. I don't agree with any of the things we did involving mean ol Putin or that clown running Ukraine that we installed in 2014. I'm sick of these brother wars that we keep getting involved in. There's more going on in Ukraine than the media tells.
    You mean like us having a bunch of bio labs there?

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    You mean like us having a bunch of bio labs there?
    You do realize that when the Ukraine was part of the former Soviet Union, that the Soviets had decentralized their military production, thus various regions & states all had part of different productions in all things. Having labs was one thing, as well as plants for other various muntions and parts. Even as of 2014, Russia was still having Ukrainian firms update & service their ICBMs because the companies that built the rockets to launch, were located in the Ukraine.

As for the bio labs, which was in part and in conjunction with the stores of nuclear weapons, where traded away, as the Ukraine wanted nothing to do. So with help of the EU and/or Nato, gave up the weapons, shutdown and gotten rid of all the chemical & biological weapons in the Country. So while we were their helping the Ukrainian government dismantle and responsibly dispose of any agents that were stored there, the US did not operate any labs. It actually makes no sense.

That region was not very stable and is currently a war zone. You do not really operate labs in areas where you do not control. If you do not control it, you do not have easy access to it. If you do not have easy access to it, then someone you don't want to get it can. Thus the very thing you are supposedly making in a foreign country, can get away from you and be used against you. We have plenty of government owned land out in deserts with stupid levels of security for that stuff, plus all the NBC(Nuclear, Biological & Chemical) agents that we built up during the cold war(1949-1990) and the 32 years after that.

So the conspiracy theories that foxnews or is it directly Tucker himself propagated about secret labs is merely a smoke screen to explain why interest in a country pushing towards Democracy can't be that simple an answer. It always has to be something nefarious, something conspiratory instead of what we used to push. Democracy in and around the world(Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, South America, the African continent).

I will be the 1st person to say that interest in Ukraine is more than just democracy. With all the aid, I can see the possibilities of getting an air base in Ukraine and if Ukraine liberates the Crimea, a naval station in Sevastopol. Those 2 bases will have far longer and greater implications on that region of the world than any secret lab. Russia will hate it but with US personnel, it is an extra shield and one not related to Nato, that Russia will hate, if Ukraine doesn't get into Nato or delays it as a peace agreement. It also means that the US has a much better position in or towards places like Azerbaijan or Georgia and those regions were we could help much more easily than before.

You can get a complete understanding with this vid

You do realize that when the Ukraine was part of the former Soviet Union, that the Soviets had decentralized their military production, thus various regions & states all had part of different productions in all things. Having labs was one thing, as well as plants for other various muntions and parts. Even as of 2014, Russia was still having Ukrainian firms update & service their ICBMs because the companies that built the rockets to launch, were located in the Ukraine.

As for the bio labs, which was in part and in conjunction with the stores of nuclear weapons, where traded away, as the Ukraine wanted nothing to do. So with help of the EU and/or Nato, gave up the weapons, shutdown and gotten rid of all the chemical & biological weapons in the Country. So while we were their helping the Ukrainian government dismantle and responsibly dispose of any agents that were stored there, the US did not operate any labs. It actually makes no sense.

That region was not very stable and is currently a war zone. You do not really operate labs in areas where you do not control. If you do not control it, you do not have easy access to it. If you do not have easy access to it, then someone you don't want to get it can. Thus the very thing you are supposedly making in a foreign country, can get away from you and be used against you. We have plenty of government owned land out in deserts with stupid levels of security for that stuff, plus all the NBC(Nuclear, Biological & Chemical) agents that we built up during the cold war(1949-1990) and the 32 years after that.

So the conspiracy theories that foxnews or is it directly Tucker himself propagated about secret labs is merely a smoke screen to explain why interest in a country pushing towards Democracy can't be that simple an answer. It always has to be something nefarious, something conspiratory instead of what we used to push. Democracy in and around the world(Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, South America, the African continent).

I will be the 1st person to say that interest in Ukraine is more than just democracy. With all the aid, I can see the possibilities of getting an air base in Ukraine and if Ukraine liberates the Crimea, a naval station in Sevastopol. Those 2 bases will have far longer and greater implications on that region of the world than any secret lab. Russia will hate it but with US personnel, it is an extra shield and one not related to Nato, that Russia will hate, if Ukraine doesn't get into Nato or delays it as a peace agreement. It also means that the US has a much better position in or towards places like Azerbaijan or Georgia and those regions were we could help much more easily than before.

You can get a complete understanding with this vid
    Our own government admitted to the existence of these biolabs and using them Mr smoothbrain. Nato is a joke, why don't you look at all the atrocities they were/are committing in Africa to start. It's also known that many of our politicians use Ukraine to launder money. You probably also have a huge Azov flag flying at your house don't you? Also with how much you mention tucker I'm starting to think you have a crush on him.

Name:  Screenshot_20220619-005154.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  47.2 KB
    Last edited by pimped mag 01; 06-19-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Gas got way cheaper during the COVID-19 shutdown because no one was driving. As states started to open back up, gas usage shot up, and prices followed. I get that it's more fun to blame Biden for these things because he represents a liberal theme of reducing our coal and oil usage, but he didn't single-handedly decide to raise gas prices. This is an economic consequence of the pandemic, our response from the pandemic, and most recently, Russia's invasion.

I'm also cool with being less present (with our troops) in wars around the world, but in the case of Ukraine where we have no troops, there are plenty of extremely valuable reasons why Western countries and we are selling to and aiding Ukraine. Most notably are national security reasons. Russia abandoned the 77yr old world order, which essentially created a global consensus that imperialism is objectively bad for all countries (constant war drags down the global economy and stifles progress). We can thank that "world order" for a lot of our growth and domination as the top world superpower. WWII was absolutely gruesome, and no one wants to see that again either. Disputes between sovereign nations were to be settled at a diplomacy table. Russia doesn't want that anymore. They want the return to the old ways, where sovereignty is only defined by whether or not you can protect your borders.

There are also financial and economical reasons. Russia is one of our country's greatest adversaries. That status hasn't changed and is regularly renewed by geopolitical experts, foreign policy makers, and our own government. You can even see it for yourself just by reading world news on a regular basis. Russia is not very good at hiding their activities around the world. By aiding Ukraine, we're (very cheaply) bulldozing the economy and military might of Russia whilst risking no troops' lives. We're also able to sell off aging old equipment and then buy/build more new stuff. The ownness is on Russia to leave Ukraine or continue facing a well armed Ukraine and a crumbling economy back home. Putin's gamble is whether we the West can survive the economic consequences longer than he can. Maybe he's right.

Aiding Ukraine is a very bipartisan consensus in our government too. Both Republicans and Democrats have reviewed the objective facts and decided we're better off uniting with the West and punishing Russia versus the alternative of willingly letting the world order fracture and freely letting Russia begin a new imperial campaign in Europe.

Gas prices will eventually fall again. Industry moves slowly, so sudden changes in the supply chain can be very disruptive. We're not doomed. Things will get better.
    Last edited by Xyxyll; 06-19-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Bidens war on fossil fuels without anything to replace them is the total cause of these high gas prices. Only morons cant see that. The whole world revolves on fossil fuels for MULTITUDES of products that we need everyday. When someone other than a democrat tells me we can make plastics from wind and solar then I might think differently. Cant wait to see the solar and wind powered ships, planes, and semi trucks. Only a fool believes that can happen anytime soon. Keep drinking the environmental wacko koolaid. Face up to the real fact that man cannot change the climate.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Bidens war on fossil fuels without anything to replace them is the total cause of these high gas prices.
    Except for the wind power, solar, and alternative fuels. Your argument doesn't hold water because even if you look at car manufacturers, you can see that more models more cars are increasing.

Also, by using alternative fuel cars like hydrogen, you won't even use gasoline so the cost for gas is irrelevant.

Only morons cant see that.
    No, only someone who is blind to what there is other than the status quo...

The whole world revolves on fossil fuels for MULTITUDES of products that we need everyday.
    This is true, but by removing gasoline usage from transportation, the finite supply of petroleum for those products won't go down as much. This isn't a question of not using petroleum for all products, only for our energy needs.

When someone other than a democrat tells me we can make plastics from wind and solar then I might think differently.
    Why would you need that? Is it because you already prejudice everything by a political bent when none should be needed? When facts are facts, that is all that there needs to be. Besides that wind and solar are being utilized for ENERGY NEEDS.

Cant wait to see the solar and wind powered ships, planes, and semi trucks.
    Lol, even see a sailing ship? You know, those ships that were moving on the seas for nearly 1000 years and still do.

Only a fool believes that can happen anytime soon.
    It is already happening you are too blind to see the change.

Keep drinking the environmental wacko koolaid.
    Well, without polluted water the kool-aid tastes much better. Never would think that things like clean air, clean water and clean everything is such a hard concept to understand.

Face up to the real fact that man cannot change the climate.
    How about this, I'll buy you 2 tickets for your vacation. 1 going to the Bikini Atoll and the other can be your choice, Chernobyl or Fukushima. Go there and to me that man didn't do anything to them...

Our own government admitted to the existence of these biolabs and using them Mr smoothbrain. Yes we did and we helped remove all the biological agents from those labs. It was never a denial of any labs. It is an admission that we went there, helped clean them up and left.

Nato is a joke, why don't you look at all the atrocities they were/are committing in Africa to start. If Nato is a joke, then why is Putin so afraid of any intervention of Nato into the Ukraine? If Nato is a joke, why did Finland & Sweden who for years denied admission into the treaty, only to unilaterally and near unanimously vote to join Nato?

It's also known that many of our politicians use Ukraine to launder money. got any proof? Who is that and where did the illegal money come from?

You probably also have a huge Azov flag flying at your house don't you? no flag pole, but like so many other things, I forgot how many times you are wrong about everything, but keep trying Scrappy

Also with how much you mention tucker I'm starting to think you have a crush on him. so, how many time did I mention him? I only said it once, but since your such an astute & diligent foxnews watcher, please tell me.
    If you want to talk about geopolitics, I will be happy to school you in it.

If you want to talk about geopolitics, I will be happy to school you in it.
    RIP my sides

I can see this is mostly an age thing.

Millennials.

Gotta love em.....

Name:  Joe falls off bike.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  65.9 KB

Classic

Name:  Screenshot_20220619-005154.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  47.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I can see this is mostly an age thing.

Millennials.

Gotta love em.....

Oh man, I was hoping I missed the millennial generation since I'm right on the cusp of it with my birthday

Oh man, I was hoping I missed the millennial generation since I'm right on the cusp of it with my birthday
    we will give you a pass. Some will slip through and not be indoctrinated. We will know who they are.

Ah, Ageism. I could go through Websters A-Z and still miss topics this thread is hitting.
    I don't pay much attention to labels given to genders or generations.

we will give you a pass. Some will slip through and not be indoctrinated. We will know who they are.
    Appreciate you sir haha.