Thread: Turns out

Turns out

If you forget to install the power tube tip after swapping out the level 10 carrier, then proceed to stick your finger into the breech to test the bolt strength, you end up with 3 stitches on your finger along with passing out from the pain.

Level 10 bolts, the sloped front acts as a really nice edge to cut into flesh.

Kinda like cleaning the lawnmower with it running an tipped on its side... stay safe out there...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Yikes! Would have made Tom’s tongue test video VERY different.

Never, never, never test a Level 10 with your finger at first. At least use a barrel swab. Golden rule for not losing your finger tips.

I remember when I did my first L10 bolt. I had heard & seen the vids of fingers and tongues but I didn't trust it. I stuck a pen cap and watched it bounce, THEN I stuck body parts in after knowing it worked.

Today you learned a lesson, it could have been much, much worse.

If I wasn’t so tired and paid attention to what I was doing this would not have happened. Many parallels to mistakes and accidents that we see every day can be drawn to this incident.

The silver lining in this whole situation was because I stuck my finger in so far my finger bone actually prevented my finger from being chopped off along with because the power tube tip was not installed there wasn’t enough force to break my finger bone. But now I may have permanent nerve damage. Be this a lesson to all who are involved in dangerous processes. It only takes One lapse in judgment to turn a minor inconvenience into a serious problem.
    Last edited by splyncryth; 04-04-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by splyncryth View Post
    But now I may have permanent nerve damage. Be this a lesson to all who are involved in dangerous processes. It only takes One lapse in judgment to turn a minor inconvenience into a serious problem.
    Lets hope the outcome is better than this..... Good luck.......
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

This reminds me of the time I tried to build an air-powered tennis ball launcher. I built the dump chamber out of PVC tube and end caps because I was only using 50-80 psi, which honestly might have worked, but I was impatient and only let the glue dry for a few hours instead of overnight. When the glue failed, the end cap blew off so close to my face that I felt the air whoosh. Then it hit the storage shelf behind me and punched through both sides of a cardboard box. Came really close to losing an eye that day.

We all make mistakes. Glad it was only your finger. Hopefully the nerves will heal in time.

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    This reminds me of the time I tried to build an air-powered tennis ball launcher. I built the dump chamber out of PVC tube and end caps because I was only using 50-80 psi, which honestly might have worked, but I was impatient and only let the glue dry for a few hours instead of overnight. When the glue failed, the end cap blew off so close to my face that I felt the air whoosh. Then it hit the storage shelf behind me and punched through both sides of a cardboard box. Came really close to losing an eye that day.

We all make mistakes. Glad it was only your finger. Hopefully the nerves will heal in time.

Cool story bro