Thread: Carbon Fiber body slightly different than aluminum body (Issue)

Carbon Fiber body slightly different than aluminum body (Issue)

So with the custom bodies made a year or two ago I got one minimag aluminum body and one minimag carbon fiber body. The aluminum body works fine but the carbon fiber body will get the bolt to stick and not go all the way back (usually during RT effect). When it stick, the trigger sear is not extended all the way out back pushing the trigger out. To reset it, I can push the bolt back (very little like 1/16-1/8 inch) and then the trigger rod pops back all the way out against the trigger.

I get the feeling the bolt is rubbing on the body or washer sitting inside the body and I'm wondering if I just shoot the hell out of the gun a few hundred times if that will end up fixing the issue.

Anyone ever have this experience?

Again, with the original stainless body and with the aluminum minimag body both show no issues like this (Aluminum body was made around same time as the carbon body)

X-valve, level 10, AGD ULE rail, AGD double trigger frame (non electric).

PS forgive me for not remember the name of who made the bodies I've been out of the game for over a year.

Tighten the front frame screw down, of course don't hulk it. Then put the rear thumb screw in, Hand tighten this one. Shoot it a few times if it sticks. Get an eighth inch Allen key and slowly tighten the thumbs crew down until the valve resets. This is my go to when I get bolt stick. Those bodies are spot on. Never had a single issue with them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    Tighten the front frame screw down, of course don't hulk it. Then put the rear thumb screw in, Hand tighten this one. Shoot it a few times if it sticks. Get an eighth inch Allen key and slowly tighten the thumbs crew down until the valve resets. This is my go to when I get bolt stick. Those bodies are spot on. Never had a single issue with them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Ah this was it. I remember I had to get the tightness of the thumb screw just right with the other body as well. Thanks! Works great