Thread: Getting an old RT Pro running again

Getting an old RT Pro running again

Hi guys, long time, no post. Well, I'm back with a 14 yo son and tinkering with old guns. I happened on this little trove of 'Mag on a local classifieds page and I'd like to get at least the RT Pro running again. The classic looks like it will get broken up for scrap since it's already missing a trigger frame.

Just curious what your thoughts are on rebuilding it to the best, vintage representation of 2002-2004. The benchmark frame kind of sucks compared to the old ULT DYE I had back in the day.
    Shoot it like you stole it!
    [IMG]Sig image must be under 20kb[/IMG]

Toss the Benchmark in the lake or trade it for a carbonfiber gripframe to finish the Automag.
    Then pickup an Intelli for the RTPro and you'll have two classics.

I'm with Lc in building them both into simple, reliable, classic 'Mags. (And props to luke for not taking the opportunity to hawk his wares - which include some nice aliminum options!)

I have a spare single-trigger carbon frame with AGD wraparound rubger grips - $40 total and they're yours!

Get some air, put a couple drops of oil in the ASA and let'em rip. If they leak then it's time to troubleshoot/rebuild. For any parts Sandman at AGD is just a phone call away to help sort you out! Eventually, a Level 10 bolt would be a great upgrade to prevent any chops.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

thanks, I've honestly never had any interest in the classic but assembling it with what what's decent here and liquidating the rest save for the RT valve for a ground-up build might be the best course of action.