Thread: Which valves can RT?

Which valves can RT?

Asking for a friend, but which valves are capable of having the RT on/off installed?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

As far as I know, all of them with no exception. Classic, all RT variants, X-valves, etc.

You might have mistaken it with that not all RT-valves being capable of having an ULT on/off installed without drilling them for it.

All valves can install an rt on/off.

Not all valves are capable of rting. Classic valves are generally not capable. Rt, classic rt, x, emag, are all capabable of rting.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    All valves can install an rt on/off.

Not all valves are capable of rting. Classic valves are generally not capable. Rt, classic rt, x, emag, are all capabable of rting.
    So if I were to put a RT in a classic valve, what would it do? Nothing?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

It will lighten the trigger pull but will not rt.

Reactive Trigger technology was introduced with the Automag RT in 1996 and the subsequent valves: ReTro, RT Pro, E-Mag, E-Max, X-Mag, X-Valve, X, et cetera. (Pretty much all the stainless steel-aluminum and aluminum except for the Sydarm.) The valve is designed differently with an air passage not found on the stainless steel classic valves which allow it to RT. Therefore, an RT On/Off assembly in a ss valve won't allow you to RT - though the thinner pin gives you a lighter trigger as others have said.

Olsson makes a good point - some of the early ss/al valves (ReTro, RT Pro) can't accept the ULT/ULE Trigger Kit because it was only drilled for one o-ring instead of the later standard of double nested o-rings on the end. It is possible for those valves to be drilled and appropriately enlarged though.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag