Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ani-Gun Cali Law

New Ani-Gun Cali Law

So...California just passed a new law that makes it illegal for anything firearm branded to be marketed to minors. This includes hats and shirts.

I promptly thought of Tippmann. What with them now making firearms their paintball line would now be illegal to market to minors...as would jerseys and such.

Penalty would be $25k per item.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    So...California just passed a new law that makes it illegal for anything firearm branded to be marketed to minors. This includes hats and shirts.

I promptly thought of Tippmann. What with them now making firearms their paintball line would now be illegal to market to minors...as would jerseys and such.

Penalty would be $25k per item.
    Except Tippmann doesn't make firearms. Tippmann Arms & Tippmann Armory do and while you could mistake one for the other, they are 2 separate companies. but nice attempt to conflate the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Except Tippmann doesn't make firearms. Tippmann Arms & Tippmann Armory do and while you could mistake one for the other, they are 2 separate companies. but nice attempt to conflate the issue.
    Tell that to the prosecutors. You cant sell PB stuff on FB because they deem it all as "Firearms related". THink Cali will distinguish between a paintball gun and a real gun? You cant even buy BB or pellet guns in most of these states

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Tell that to the prosecutors. You cant sell PB stuff on FB because they deem it all as "Firearms related". THink Cali will distinguish between a paintball gun and a real gun? You cant even buy BB or pellet guns in most of these states
    Yes, and then when they try and fail, you counter-sue for malicious prosecution and win a nice settlement. If you do nothing wrong, then you should have no fear of what the big bad lawyers can do. As for FB, you are using A 3RD PARTY platform. You are constrained to what they wish to allow. FB is not a constitutional right, it is not what you choose it to be. Use ebay, use a place on the internet that is a 3rd party to show what you are selling.

Yes, and then when they try and fail, you counter-sue for malicious prosecution and win a nice settlement.
    Yeah lawyers are free no worries.....

Paintball Markers per CA Penal Code 16520 are not a firearm: (similar to Fed's distinction)

" (a) As used in this part, “firearm” means a device, designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel, a projectile by the force of an explosion or other form of combustion."

Come On Nbody ,,,, the leftist lawyers will be suing folks before the inks dry on the Bill , Thats What Lawyers DO. How will you as an individual fight this ? Do you have the ability to lawyer up like some big anti gun nonprofit ? And even if the 2 Tippmanns are 2 different companies , it's all about berating the gun co's ,, once the accusation is made , it will never be forgotten & no number of positives will negate the negatives
    Sorry but anyone that lives in Cali ,,,, unless they live in Humbolt Co

the worst part of this is the largest trap and skeet shooting league for junior and senior high school kids is being shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Come On Nbody ,,,, the leftist lawyers will be suing folks before the inks dry on the Bill , Thats What Lawyers DO. How will you as an individual fight this ? Do you have the ability to lawyer up like some big anti gun nonprofit ? And even if the 2 Tippmanns are 2 different companies , it's all about berating the gun co's ,, once the accusation is made , it will never be forgotten & no number of positives will negate the negatives
    Sorry but anyone that lives in Cali ,,,, unless they live in Humbolt Co
    If you have a case, a lawyer will take it. Lawyers should be unbiased as their own personal biases should play no part in it but if you do, the a right wing lawyer would see this as a fight against personal rights, and a left wing lawyer will see this as a fight against unlawful prosecution. Lawyers sometimes will take cases for the headlines, the publicity, and if there is payout in the end, you might loose 50% of that but you still get representation. While the $1k/hr lawyer might be good, yes not many can afford that, but it doesn't mean that you can only fight with lawyers if you have money. And you don't need to berate the gun company as there is no need to. It is 2 separate companies.

If it were to be true and a paintball shirt, jersey, whatever is the cause of this. Then I really doubt that it would generally get thrown out at the municple level. But I really think that the idea of this has been conflate and wrong, using how the law can be manipulated versus what the law actually says. Cause in no time, I can poke holes in the logic of it, coming up with examples that disprove it, a real lawyer who knows the laws would do much worse.

How about you can't buy tires anymore. Remington tires, an off brand from Michelin maybe Cooper tires. So now I am force to buy the expensive name brand tire? No, by how this is represented here, it does not make any sense.

^^^^^Dam you are just an expert on any and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    ^^^^^Dam you are just an expert on any and everything.
    No Beemer, its called common sense. Something that none of you morons seem to have. So I can't help the fact that I have an understanding of many things but I am no expert, and never claim to be, but compared to all here, I am a Rhode Scolar on everything.

No Beemer, its called common sense. Something that none of you morons seem to have. So I can't help the fact that I have an understanding of many things but I am no expert, and never claim to be, but compared to all here, I am a Rhode Scolar on everything.
    Spelled........Scholar. You just don't get it and never learn do you?

CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

Liberals and liberal media cannot tell you the difference between a Glock and an AR. An AR and an AK. An arm brace and a bump stock. A barrel shroud and that thingie that goes up. Do you really think they will know...or even care...that there is a difference between Tippmann Paintball and Tippmann Arms?

I told you yesterday, you cant win, so have the thread deleted, like the one yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I told you yesterday, you cant win, so have the thread deleted, like the one yesterday....
    Yes, a non moderator is deleting all the posts that are illegal/against the rules. Paranoid much?

Yes, a non moderator is deleting all the posts that are illegal/against the rules. Paranoid much?
    Apparently you dont hooked on phonics much, go read what I said once more .....

Apparently you dont hooked on phonics much, go read what I said once more .....
    And you need to write in coherent sentences...

1) only mods can close posts
    2) blaming me doesn't make much sense as I didn't start the posts that are against the rules
    3) Beemer and Tuna are not the only mods here
    4) if you need someone to blame, look in the mirror
    5) go cry some place else

Just admit you complained to somebody and had it deleted.

Confession is good for the soul.

Just admit you complained to somebody and had it deleted.

Confession is good for the soul.
    Lol, when someone tells you the truth, you will never believe it cause it could never, ever mesh with what you think has to be the correct answer.

I have no need to lie. I have never obfuscated, lied or told anything close to not the truth. While you could say that what I write, extensively, is my truth, it is a truth that is taken for what i believe and if i was proven wrong, then i will say it. I have never lied. Lying only serves one person, the liar. And if I am against all the stupidity that I feel has happened on these threads, why would I lie about it?

Again, there are more mods than Beemer or Tuna, on this forum. Paranoia, self destroyer....

I don't mind when threads are locked for whatever reason.
    I am disappointed when they disappear. It's like I cannot watch a favorite movie because the VCR chewed up the tape...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
    I don't mind when threads are locked for whatever reason.
    I am disappointed when they disappear. It's like I cannot watch a favorite movie because the VCR chewed up the tape...
    How true...
    ......You know you want one!!

Lol, when someone tells you the truth, you will never believe it cause it could never, ever mesh with what you think has to be the correct answer.

I have no need to lie. I have never obfuscated, lied or told anything close to not the truth. While you could say that what I write, extensively, is my truth, it is a truth that is taken for what i believe and if i was proven wrong, then i will say it. I have never lied. Lying only serves one person, the liar. And if I am against all the stupidity that I feel has happened on these threads, why would I lie about it?

Again, there are more mods than Beemer or Tuna, on this forum. Paranoia, self destroyer....
    You know...the truth...like the Russia hoax....like the laptop being fake...the truth...like CNN told me.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

After all that hot air you still didn't answer the 64 dollar question.

You just state the obvious that there are more than two mods/admins.

So did you ?

After all that hot air you still didn't answer the 64 dollar question.

You just state the obvious that there are more than two mods/admins.

So did you ?

Well if you couldn't figure it after all that, why should I tell you exactly what you want to hear, because you still won't believe me. It's a conspiracy...

I know, how about you ask the mods if they closed it. Why not send the admin account a PM about it? After countless times on other posts of me pointing out all the various infractions, I knew that the mods holding a modicum of unbiased thought, I gave up trying to hold them and this forum to the rules. Which ironically got me 2 bans, for what I feel is nothing less than what others have done before. So me working with Beemer and Tuna on anything is rather dubious, to say the least.

So why not you do the "research" and find out, for yourself who and why the posts got closed. It wasn't me. I had absolutely nothing to do about it, unless you count my super secret mod powers...

Yeah lawyers are free no worries.....
    I was going to write this too but just had to laugh.

There is NO money on 2a or firearms law in most blue states. There are a handful of qualified lawyers, but not many, and even less activist ones. NJ is fortunate to have the office of Evan Nappen. I know of one or two in NY, but they are pricey. I sent a friend to one 6 years ago when after her retired NYPD officer dad passed away, his service revolvers were confiscated at gun point by NY marshals. All this time and thousands of dollars later she still has not recovered them.

Don't worry though...because 'common sense' right?

Ask Ray Gong about w legal nonsense in regards to paintball.

I just showed up because I heard y'all were having fun
    BEO MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
    Ok, the world is going to end now. Rudz is here...

Hey Rudz!

Yeah, well. Maybe you can help things out, we're almost down to "Yo Momma" jokes at this point...