Thread: Someone has to say it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Someone has to say it

Mid Term Elections.

Yeah, I know it'll turn into a firestorm when we discuss Nationals, but for now I wish to point out something local to me.
    Just this little corner of Virginia, where early in-person voting started today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vo...560e99651fa5bf

I'll save you the trouble of looking at the numbers of candidate affiliation
    4 are Republican
    4 are Democrat
    97 are Independent

What would be the odds of that? What does it say about the local "political persuasion"?
    I look at numbers. I see statistics, averages, trends, try to separate the wheat from the chaff and calculate odds.
    At first glance, it seems the predominant percent of this local, very rural, population is not interested in either Democrats or Republicans.
    Or...
    The majority of Candidates are unwilling to align with either party in fear of fallout depending on the results of the 2024 election.
    Or... I could keep going, but it's no more than speculation at this point. We will know in, what? 45 days? Or six months, depending.

(searches Ebay for proximity suit)
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

With all of the mainstream media and political persecution of Trump supporters, many are NOT affiliating. There was actually a term they call it now I just dont recall it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    With all of the mainstream media and political persecution of Trump supporters, many are NOT affiliating. There was actually a term they call it now I just dont recall it.
    Maybe if the supporters stop breaking the law, then they won't get prosecuted. I am not really seeing everyone get indicted nor am I seeing charges being dropped at any rate, from people who follow the laws in the country. So it is not a arrest them now, sort them out later policy, no matter what bogus news source ever you choose to follow.

But overall, it is because of partisan politics. No one in any party can do much without the need to go down party lines, and if you do go against them, you are vilified for it. Likewise there is no real attempt by one side, IMO, that even attempts to go against the party, regardless of if it actually against their own beliefs, for fear of party reprisals.

To me, this is actually good. We have become a de facto 2 party system in this country because those 2 parties became powerful entities, pushing and diminishing any other party out of the way. With that, you would have to weigh personal politics with whatever lesser of 2 evils party matches with you to get noticed or have resources necessary in today's political world.

So people are going, literally back down to the roots and running as an individual, with no ties to any one party. You can't label them as there is no label to apply and that is good. Now you have to listen to that person and not just vote for party only. Heaven forbid that we should listen to what the candidate is saying and make judgements based upon their actions and words instead of what letter Is behind there name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Maybe if the supporters stop breaking the law, then they won't get prosecuted. I am not really seeing everyone get indicted nor am I seeing charges being dropped at any rate, from people who follow the laws in the country. So it is not a arrest them now, sort them out later policy, no matter what bogus news source ever you choose to follow.

But overall, it is because of partisan politics. No one in any party can do much without the need to go down party lines, and if you do go against them, you are vilified for it. Likewise there is no real attempt by one side, IMO, that even attempts to go against the party, regardless of if it actually against their own beliefs, for fear of party reprisals.

To me, this is actually good. We have become a de facto 2 party system in this country because those 2 parties became powerful entities, pushing and diminishing any other party out of the way. With that, you would have to weigh personal politics with whatever lesser of 2 evils party matches with you to get noticed or have resources necessary in today's political world.

So people are going, literally back down to the roots and running as an individual, with no ties to any one party. You can't label them as there is no label to apply and that is good. Now you have to listen to that person and not just vote for party only. Heaven forbid that we should listen to what the candidate is saying and make judgements based upon their actions and words instead of what letter Is behind there name.
    Wow you idiocy has reached epic new heights. Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Wow you idiocy has reached epic new heights. Bravo
    As opposed to what? The facts that when you have people do criminal acts that the justice system should look elsewhere because of a letter behind their name or that there are people who don't care for the partisan aspects of the job, that actually want to help with the government, to improve lives? Cause your views seem only to, well be hypocritical of what your political party says and what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    wow you idiocy has reached epic new heights. Bravo
    truth

How about we stir it up with a hypothetical.
    Let's postulate that the 97 Independents vs 4 Democrats vs 4 Republicans is a trend that extends beyond my little area and continues to grow.
    Extrapolate that through a few election cycles and you could see the Democrats implode worse than Enron, while the Republicans fade away like Hare Krishna and saffron robes. What does that leave us? A House and Senate comprised of independents, each with their own agenda?
    Is a two-party system worse than a 100-party system?

Pure conjecture. The odds of that are low compared to other Global issues that may be more immediate.

same thing is going on with Dems in certain areas, they are hiding their affiliation to avoid conflict. i am not one of them and am no longer registered as a Dem.

Doug, you are an idiot. The president is the ultimate authority on what is classified and what is not. He has unilateral authority to classify and declassify at his discression. Keep thinking otherwise baffoon.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk