Thread: Transparent Cool Hand Luke grip panels

Transparent Cool Hand Luke grip panels

So working on a little project with my 3D resin printer to make some transparent grip panels for my CHL frame. They are made to the same dimensions as Luke's original aluminum panels. Currently just made the first set to check my scaling for fit up. Next will be dialing in the printer settings for a transparent finish not a translucent finish. Then trying a few different types of resin to find the best combination of strength and hardness. Finally will be my finishing process. I have a bit more testing to do, but so far the results are an extremely light weight set of panels that fit in you hand the same as your original aluminum panels, and you will be able to show off that beautiful Luke's LPR and T-Rex kit. Thanks to Luke for his help with this. I'll post more as I make progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dstud2000 View Post
    So working on a little project with my 3D resin printer to make some transparent grip panels for my CHL frame. They are made to the same dimensions as Luke's original aluminum panels. Currently just made the first set to check my scaling for fit up. Next will be dialing in the printer settings for a transparent finish not a translucent finish. Then trying a few different types of resin to find the best combination of strength and hardness. Finally will be my finishing process. I have a bit more testing to do, but so far the results are an extremely light weight set of panels that fit in you hand the same as your original aluminum panels, and you will be able to show off that beautiful Luke's LPR and T-Rex kit. Thanks to Luke for his help with this. I'll post more as I make progress.
    Any updates?