Thread: Xmag Breaches

Xmag Breaches

Well this kind of snowballed from the SFL breach thread in the bst section. I may try and make some breaches as i know some guys are looking for them and i could use one myself.
    Please be patient as this is probably one of the more complicated things i have machined and will take time to get the cam, tooling and other things correct before production. There are still some things to sort through as well on the design side.

Below is the first crack at cad and 3d printing to get an idea of fit.

https://imgur.com/a/O7Jsftb
    3d printed part pics. Tried dropping them here but they were huge!!

Are these printed then machined for a tighter, within spec part?

If printed, are the detents helicoil or have metal inserts to better seat the detents?

Are these dual detent threaded?

What are the feedneck options? Are these using a clamp on style like the universal empire or ID ez clamp?

Will these be made to order(I don't see many people having missing SFL, or even Xmag breeches, but can see the need for people with warp only breeches) or will this be a small run, 10, 20, etc?

They will be machined. Yes dual detented. Empire spec feednecks, so inception, empire, nummech, sconi would work.
    I may do a run of 10 or so and can handle versions modded from euro style breaches, example SFL, cnc or potentially warp.

From a production stand point these are pretty simple and straight forward, you wont even need to make any fixtures. I'd do 4 per vise from one piece of stock, machining the top, front, back, then finish the bottoms. Last setup would be for detents (2 per vise) pretty straight forward stuff. Gang up 4 vises and can do 16 per cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    From a production stand point these are pretty simple and straight forward, you wont even need to make any fixtures. I'd do 4 per vise from one piece of stock, machining the top, front, back, then finish the bottoms. Last setup would be for detents (2 per vise) pretty straight forward stuff. Gang up 4 vises and can do 16 per cycle.
    Your overestimating the size of my mill. Lol I have enough travel for 1 vise. It will take longer but that’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What are you running?
    Tormach 440