Thread: Returning after 25 years - Feedback Requested

Question Returning after 25 years - Feedback Requested

I played back in the 90's (as i'm guessing many here also probably did) and reconnected with a few friends who wanted to start playing again!

I've forgotten everything of the old ways of our people and would appreciate some help getting started again. I picked up a very-new Tac-One last week and will probably need to gut all the rings before it will fire.

My question!

What bottle and hopper are recommended? Do I need to worry about anti-chop eyes anymore or is that something built into hoppers these days? Is that even a real question with a level 10 installed or am I overthinking this?

My goal is to have a high BPS fire rate chainsaw like the Automags of the 90's, but minimize chopping best as possible. I'd also like to get my trigger reset to very short, light stroke.

Any advice no matter how obvious is very appreciated, I cannot overstate how much i'm out of the loop on this sport currently.

TIA

Well, if ya got a Tac One it already has a Level X ,,, the Best Anti chop system ever , bottle ; 850 output reg , bottle sized to how much paint ya wanna carry , Hopper , I always recommend a Rotor
    Learning to Tune your valve can get ya the results your lookin for
    Take the Valve off the marker and make sure the bolt isn't stuck ,, reinstall valve , OIL in the asa ,,, try it out , it may work fine ,,,,,

I came back after a while out, too. Went with the rotor LTR. Then an Immortal Air 77/4500 850psi that I got mail order from Fox Paintball. The new 77 bottles are about the size of the old 68 bottles. The LTR keeps up with the rate I can shoot plus some and the level 10 does just fine if I run out of paint in the hopper and pinch one in the feed. I second that on oiling it and giving it a try. My older mag was fine after 10+ years, but changed out the orings anyway for good measure.

Dye LTR and a power house reg set to 800-850 psi will do what you want. tune the rt pin to desired rt once the new orings are broken in.
    Have plenty of videos showing rting with the same setup on youtube.
    Bearded Works Youtube