Thread: Vertical Feed Adapter?

Vertical Feed Adapter?

I'm getting back into paintball (returning from the 90's) and found a Tac-one, however none of the hoppers seem to be small enough to fit into the vertical feed.

Are you guys using an adapter to use modern hoppers with these guns or what's the current fix for this situation?

TIA

I've spent money upgrading to clamping feednecks. Honestly, I was happier with the results of sanding down the hopper neck to fit very snugly in the non-clamping feedneck. Worked in the early 2000's; still works today. Use 60 grit to get close. Then switch to 120 grit or finer. Just wear leather gloves, or you'll get blisters.

Expect sore forearms the day after sanding.

Support the hopper rigidly while working it into the feedneck, so you don't crack plastic. Spin it clockwise (righty-tighty) when installing, so you don't unthread the non-clamping feedneck.

Don't lose hope if you sand too far. A piece of electric tape looped over the top of the feedneck does wonders. I still do this with a non-clamping feednecked Autococker. My opinion is most people do it wrong by putting the tape on the neck of the hopper.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Well if ya have more than 1 hopper a clampin feedneck is the way to go , there are many styles

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    Well if ya have more than 1 hopper a clampin feedneck is the way to go , there are many styles
    True. Can't argue that. I just got lucky that the non-clamping necks on my Automags and Autocockers were pretty much the same size.

I appreciate the help, I purchased one of the Inception feed necks and it isn't compatible. Included is the current feed neck that won't accept modern hoppers - I think it may have loctite on it because that sucker is firmly in place.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I'm open to whatever.

Name:  feed neck 2.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  66.8 KB

Automag ULE/Tac-One bodies have Angel threaded feed necks. What makes you say the Inception Designs isn't compatible? You need to purchase both the links that captian pinky provided.

Pad the jaws of a vice with blocks of wood or plenty of cardboard. Remove detent. Use a lighter to heat the base of the feed neck, slowly going around the circumference for about 2 minutes. Quickly clamp the feed neck tightly in the vice. Unthread, using the body for leverage. Don't apply too much force. If it's still not coming unthreaded with reasonable force, apply more heat, and repeat.
    Last edited by nak81783; 04-12-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nak81783 View Post
    Automag ULE/Tac-One bodies have Angel threaded feed necks. What makes you say the Inception Designs isn't compatible? You need to purchase both the links that captian pinky provided, although I would go with the low rise Angel adapter
    Low rise adapter will not work with the tacone body.

Thank you. I was looking at that picatinny and wondering if the low rise would work. I'll edit my post.