Thread: Emag vs rt pro

Emag vs rt pro

I'm thinking of getting back into paintball at least go play a few times a year. What would it take $ to get back into an emag with a warp or possibly an xmag? Or would it be better to just settle on something like an rt pro if it's only an occasional hobby.

1/35 sfl emag

want to trade 68/4500 for 88/4500

Money questions are always up to the end user.

I would probably be considered an "occasional player" but my cocker would sell for North of $1.5k at this point and that's just one of my markers (granted it is the most expensive) . No way in hell I'm getting rid of it just because I only play once in a while.

E mag , in finished, matching anno is probably going to run around $1k

RT pro in same trim, $$7-800

But right now you can get brand new xm mags at $790

https://www.airgundesigns.com/Produc...uctCode=001271

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Or you can build a brand new custom pneu-mag (other options available) only two more builds available (one is pump milled)

Name:  Wave Build Last of 3.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  101.9 KB

The real question is, do you wish to deal with a battery specific to the gun, i.e. making sure that it has a charge, taking out of the gun so it doesn't explode; or is it easier to keep the gun simpler in a gas and go presentation? To a point, you can go with a bone stock classic valves gun with a ULE body, whatever frame and have an anvil of a gun that is more than enough to handle walking play, once a season. While going to a RT based valve is literally buying off the shelf, it does make it far easier than finding that Emag that is perfect.

While a pneu-mag would fulfill the RoF aspects that an Emag could do with either the electronics and/or in hybrid mode, having the extra pneumatics that the system is built around to only play a handful of times a year is, IMHO, too much money and work and you are only inviting to be let down when you do get to play. About 90% of all mag problems can be fixed with a few drops of oil. Adding in electronics or pneumatics makes that even problematic if the gun is going to sit for 48 weeks out of the year.

So, go with the RT pro and forget about it. If life changes and you find yourself playing more, then you can always get the Emag of your dreams, or build a pneumag. I would look lower and cheaper towards a classic mag, but that is me.

Thank you all for the responses. What do you think about this one on ebay? I know some of the rt pros weren't able to be upgraded as readily as the later production ones but the details escape me. 204355616784

Quote Originally Posted by jonmcfatty View Post
    What do you think about this one on ebay? 204355616784
    Personally I dont care much for the original RT, it's my least favorite, they're big, bulky, and a little difficult to work on in comparison to all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmcfatty View Post
    I know some of the rt pros weren't able to be upgraded as readily as the later production ones but the details escape me.
    You're mixing up the RT with the RTPro, its the RTPro that has tons of upgrades, possible mods, and aftermarket parts are abundant, the RT not so much.

Let me know your budget and I'll build you something nice within that budget. Email me tunaman5@verizon.net
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart