Thread: For those of you with an E-magnum...

Post For those of you with an E-magnum...

I have completed the version 1.0 of the official instruction sheet. Here goes... tell me if there is anything that is unclear or want me to add.

Modified Paintball Products- E-Magnum Instruction Sheet

Congratulations on your purchase of the E-Magnum aftermarket control module for the Airgun Designs E-Mag Series. The E-Magnum control module represents the latest in solid-state paint gun technology offering the most advanced options in a small package.

Features:

- Large load capacity. Your E-Magnum control module utilizes HEXFET technology, which can handle huge power spikes, running even the beefiest solenoids with long duty cycles. Your E-Magnum control module can switch 30V @ 4.6A (138 watts) with an on resistance of only .031W. This translates into very little heat buildup, and tremendous efficiency.

- Multiple modes of fire. Your E-Magnum control module will support 5 modes of fire including: semi auto, user programmable burst, full auto, auto-response, and turbo mode.

- Adjustable dwell from 0-255ms. We do not suggest changing factory set dwell settings as it could cause mechanical problems and the premature wear of the sear and bolt. However, those of you who like tinkering could make good use of this feature. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please contact us for instructions on how to adjust dwell. We will not be responsible for damage caused by changing preset dwell settings.

- Adjustable rate of fire from 0 to 100cps. This applies to all modes of fire.

- Tourney Lockable. Dipswitches on the circuit board disable all modes of fire except semi-auto mode.
    Programming:

To reset the E-Magnum control module to its factory defaults, hold the trigger down, then pull the isolator pin to turn the marker on. Continue to hold the trigger down for a good 6 or 7 seconds. The light will flash, turn off, and then blink 5 times indicating a factory reset. Factory default is 10bps. In the event of a malfunction reset the board and reprogram your rate of fire.

To program the E-Magnum control module, first the tourney lock and the E-Mag must be off. Then hold the trigger in, pull the E-Mag isolator pin and then release the trigger.
    The light will flash and turn off. Now you are expected to select a register, click the trigger an appropriate number of times, then wait, the light will flash once. Register selections are:

Fire Modes:
    Semi Auto- No programming input required just pull the isolator pin and play. Powering down then powering up the marker will default the gun to semi.
    Turbo- Enter programming mode described in the previous section. Pull the trigger ONCE, wait 2 seconds, then pull the trigger TWICE. The marker is now armed.

Auto Response- Enter programming mode described in the previous section. Pull the trigger ONCE, wait 2 seconds then pull the trigger THREE TIMES. The marker is now armed.

Full Auto- Enter programming mode described in the previous section. Pull the trigger ONCE, wait 2 seconds then pull the trigger FOUR TIMES. The marker is now armed.

Burst Modes- Enter programming mode described in the previous section. Pull the trigger TWICE, wait 2 seconds then pull the trigger for THE NUMBER OF SHOTS you want. The marker is now armed.

Changing Rate of Fire:
    The rate of fire of your E-Magnum control module is controlled by solenoid hold-off dwell. This tells the CPU how long to wait before firing the next shot.
    1) Calculate the hold-off dwell time needed for a rate of fire: Dwell= 1000/X. Where X is the rate of fire you want. Dwell times for common rates of fire are as follows:
    a. 20 bps= 50ms
    b. 18.2 bps= 55ms
    c. 16.7 bps= 60ms
    d. 15.4 bps= 65ms
    e. 14.3 bps= 70ms
    f. 13.3 bps= 75ms
    g. 12.5 bps= 80ms
    h. 11.8 bps= 85ms
    i. 11.1 bps= 90ms
    j. 10.5 bps= 95ms
    k. 10 bps= 100ms

2) Enter programming mode described in the previous section.
    3) Pull the trigger 6 times, wait 2 seconds…
    4) Access timing options (choose one):
    a. Click once to add to existing dwell.
    b. Click twice to subtract from existing dwell.
    c. Click three times to set dwell exactly to.
    5) Enter dwell.

Advanced Options:
    Please contact us for instructions on how to access advanced options. These options are not discussed in the manual because improper use of these options can cause damage to your E-Mag. We will not be responsible for damage caused by improper use of the control module. If you decide to use these options we will need to record your identification information.
    These options include solenoid pulse length (Dwell). Secondary output activation (for intelifeed or accessories requiring power for each shot fired) and ACE (anti chop eye) input activation.

Contact Information:

(We will insert relevant info here)
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

I'm gettin an e-mag soon and I'm wondering out of the stuff that the E-magnum has what DOESN'T the regular E-mag have?
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

Full auto for one, and i don't think the emag will alow you to pick very specific combo's of turbo, burt, and full auto at specific BPS. But i don't own an emag yet.

so this is a board that replaces the board in the stock emag from AGD correct?

-Adjustable rate of fire from 0 to 100cps.
    What is cps?

Out of curiosity, where can you get this board, how much does it cost, and does it void any AGD warrenties?

The e-mag board comes with semi up to 16bps

NO FA
    NO Autoresponse
    NO Turbo

Will only allow 3 and 6 rd burst up to 9 bps.

The e-magnum:

Yes it is a replacement board

Yes it will void the AGD warantee

CPS is cycles per second

Check out the dealers forum...

... add a display where the mode is shown (it looks better ) and a game timer shown on the display !!! Then it would be perfect (...and I would definite buy one - when I get my Xtreme)!
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

What Manuel said!!! I want the new board with the display!! Is it possible? Have Extreme on order!!

Yes it would be possible but it would require more logic for the display and more development costs.

It would bring the cost up to a point were it would have a very limited market.

Does it have an Intellifeed hookup???????/

If we wanted you all to add a display, would or could you do it. I would mind paying a little extra, because those instructions sound pretty difficult to me especially when changing rate of fire.

Ill speak to donggie about it. Chances are that its not gonna be just an add on, and it won't be cheap. It would probably require building a completely diffrent board.

The e-mag board costs close to $200 and does not have nearly the amount of features than this board has nor will they fit on the memory of the stock e-mag board. If we were to develop a board with all these features and have a display. It would nearly double the cost of the current board.

The goal is to provide the most bang for the buck. So we opted to have the board built without the display.

As much as I would like to put a display on I just don't think people would pay $400 for the board with the same features except that one has a display.

I understand your concerns thus I will discuss this with Don. Right now I am just speculating on the cost. We will try but I can't make any promises.

To 123:

Yes it has a powered intelifeed hookup or a positive signal output whichever you desire.
    Last edited by Butterfingers; 04-12-2002 at 10:06 PM.

Originally posted by Butterfingers
    Yes it would be possible but it would require more logic for the display and more development costs.

It would bring the cost up to a point were it would have a very limited market.

Make it! It will sell much better with a display and a timer. A lot of people are held back by the fact, the display doesen´t work! It brings such a non professional flavour to the product ...

once I get used to my e-mag I would buy it if it had a display

if it had a display i would probably buy one depending on price, i don't need a game timer, i also don't want to send my gun off to get it installed, i believe with a set of instructions i could install it.
    as for the e-mag warrantee, i'm almost sure i have already voided mine.
    -Paul-
    pjohnson36523@yahoo.com

Originally posted by unseenunheard
    if it had a display i would probably buy one depending on price
    Thats the thing

Next question....

Will it support ACE which will be available on the Xreme?

-Evil Bob

2 questions....how much do they cost now and whats an estimate of what it would coct with a display?

$200 raw
    $225 installed

Don has to get in touch with the manufacturer to see how much a board with a display would cost. He says its probably gonna be ALOT more.

As far as we know it will work with an ace it actually comes with its own eye, however we are still doing testing with the stock AGD eye.

u sayin that if u got one it would come with ace or that it has an eye?? will it only work with an extreme or will it work with a regular one?

It will only work with a regular one If you can find a place to mount the eye. Which I have determined to be almost impossible.

ok

yea....I know, i'm bringinthis back from the dead...but I got a questin....is the Emagnum board capable if 24bps and if so, what would the dwell time for it be?

1000/24 = 41.66

Therefore if you set the dwell exactly to 41ms, you'll get 24.39bps

Arise from the dead again...poof!

How do I adjust it to exactly what I want. I understand how to get there...

Enter programming mode
    pull 6 times
    click 3 times to set desired dwell exactly to
    enter dwell............how???

That's where I stop. How do I set the dwell exactly to 50ms. I want it to be in Semi -- 20 bps. How do I do that???

Also, there are some toggle switches towards the bottom of the board. What are they for??? I don't want to screw things up.

pull trigger 50 times.

Green 2.1 Dark Angel LCD
    My Feedback

Pull the trigger 50 times, this puts it at 50 ms (20 cps) Wait a second, pull it once to access mode, and once again to set it at semi. Then the light stays on and you're ready to go.

The switches at the bottom are the tourney lock, so you can't change settings in mid game.
    Silver SFL E-Magnum
    Warped Halo-B
    45/45 Flatline

Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's cool!

Ok. I got it. I thought it would be really difficult to get it, but it isn't. If there are some other people new to the Emagnum board, don't fret...it ain't that hard.

Thanks, guys for your help!