View Poll Results: Most overpriced gun

Voters
779. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angel

93 11.94%
  • Angel (tricked stock ex. Warped sportz dark)

140 17.97%
  • Autococker (stock)

5 0.64%
  • Autococker (tricked stock, ex. kapp cocker)

95 12.20%
  • Bushmaster

8 1.03%
  • Intimidator

32 4.11%
  • Money? Whats that? Oh, thats the stuff that my mommy bought my angel with.

20 2.57%
  • What are you talking about, the whole damn sport is expensive.

386 49.55%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most overpriced gun

Most overpriced gun

Hey what do you think the most overpriced gun is?
    MiniMag
    Lapco Drop
    68 CI Steel 3000 PSI N2 Tank
    SP Progressive Barrel

bumo

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped

oops sorry i was just thinking the mainstream guns

Absolutely the kapp cocker. For the body alone, nothing else, it cost $750. The performance parts like the 3-way, bolt, hammer, etc., totals $350. So what is making you people pay $750 for a hunk of shiny metal? ****...
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

JAX FL for now but mostely played in hawaii and socali

drx975

hunk of shiny metal ok ,yea its alot of cash but its a cocker.
    you can spray 18+ a second I can pump 1 a second
    we play together , same fields same games same # of eliminations........who has more skill?
    --------------------------------

$2200 angel warped super grip gas through everything custom splash ultra fast electro paint throwing money pit.......get a pump
    www.airsoldier.com/~phog
    www.stockclasspaintball.com
    www.phantomonline.com
    www.dyeprecision.com/carter_order.html

I'm not sure how Phantom_Allstar will like this, but I'd say the Carter Buzzard. It is $650 for a(albeit good) pump marker.
    AIM, Yahoo messenger and  IRC=FordPrefectAO.  ICQ=160223684, and  my ICQ nick is FordPrefectAO.
    3-D Pong's bro!

Originally posted by Restola
    Why can't I just be in charge of the world?
    Captain, Tremor

All autocockers have all these upgrades that do squat, and the stores try to sell autocockers because stupid people always wanna upgrade them. A stock autococker is almost as good as you can get them.

hehe you left out mags

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Mags were left out because they are not expensive.. well the E-mag is... but other than that.. you get a marker worth 700$ for about 400$. They can't be over priced...

I agree. My first marker was a Spyder Shutter. It cost me $250. I sold it some sucker for 220 and bought my Minimag for $270.

Cockers are definitely over priced, so are Spyders cause they suck at any price. My opinion.
    Stock Minimag powered by Co2, Palmer Stabilizer, homemade drop forward and no complaints!

"You can't trust a guy who's never lost anything."
    "Why don't we just wait here for a while... see what happens."

what about the sfl mag? $1400 for what amounts to a beta gun? They should pay us to shoot them!
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

The KAPP Autococker is still IMO the most overpriced for my reason I above. But, in reality, and what it comes down to, is that the electros are the most overpriced. It makes you shoot faster, and essentially more paint and gas is wasted, for $1000+. An RT is better though because it costs like $400 less than most electros. And a ReTro Mag is even cheaper....270 for minimag plus 200 = 470. Thats an amazing gun for what you get.

Everything is overpriced... Well, besides paint... That isn't far too overpriced when bought online. The other stuff like pb guns, masks, packs, and hoppers make so much profit...

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

The angel- the defincies of blow back and the fancy electro stuff make for an over priced pice of junk if your battery is dead. E-Mag's rule!!(I have one)

Re

I own a minimag, with everything u can get, but angel's battery dont run out that easily. Only if your an idiot that thinks angels are mechanical.

I think that any gun that has been extensivly milled and anoed is over priced. You can have two guns that are exactly the same, mill away 2 or 3 oz. of Al and then add $500 to the price tag. I understand that milling takes time a uses expensive equipment but I'm sure not going to pay for it.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Originally posted by KingMob3
    The angel- the defincies of blow back and the fancy electro stuff make for an over priced pice of junk if your battery is dead. E-Mag's rule!!(I have one)
    dude angels are no where near piece of junk... they are one of the most reliable and durable guns available and the batterys get 40,000 shots or a full 28days of power so i doubt your batterys would die in a day of play. also emags are da **** as well
    D . Y . N . A . S . T ... Y!

iR3

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    Originally posted by MiniMagger2002
    oops sorry i was just thinking the mainstream guns
    what? Excalibur isn't a 'mainstream' gun?

Honestly i see more guys with Excaliburs and Vikings(well only a few Vikings but they r in the same family) at the field i work at than i see guys with Mags of some sort not counting the rentals heh.

But really i think the Excalibur is the most over priced gun.

KingMob3
    umm ok... seriously no one is stupid enough not to recharge their battery.

And no way is an Angel over priced. You get what you pay for. For only $900 u get pure reliability, ROF, and looks.

the whole damn sport is expensive. but i still play
    -SS
    Almost done with my minimag... I want to buy your SS back for your mag!!!

akalmp

the excal is a mainstream gun.

Dont trash on excals! I would take one over a angel any day.
    Dark LED

i wouldnt for some reason i hate excals

umm ill have to go with M98 Tippman should pay me to use it

Angels = Over priced. Why? Because its practically the same thing as a bushmaster. Only difference is theres some goofy 14 way valve as apposed to a solenoid. Why pay so much more for something that will perform no better?

Excal = Over priced. Why? Pretty much a closed bolt bushmaster. Yeah there are a few benefits to closed bolt. No blowback. In this case valve operation isnt really effected by the feeding system which is good. Because of the dual rams. But is it worth the pricetag? NO

I think the features of these guns pale in comparison to the emag. Not only do you get an electronic marker but you get one with probably the best valve system, Manual override, and an rt trigger system. (however im still too poor to own one)

Too often it seems people associate quality with price.

M98 overpriced. I think not. I think its pricetag is fitting considering its reliability. And I have respect for tippmann they are inovative thinkers.

Like the flatline barrel. May not be the greatest thing but atleast it shows that their thinking outside of the box. Which is more than you can say about other companies.

Originally posted by Rambozo
    Angels = Over priced. Why? Because its practically the same thing as a bushmaster. Only difference is theres some goofy 14 way valve as apposed to a solenoid. Why pay so much more for something that will perform no better?

Excal = Over priced. Why? Pretty much a closed bolt bushmaster. Yeah there are a few benefits to closed bolt. No blowback. In this case valve operation isnt really effected by the feeding system which is good. Because of the dual rams. But is it worth the pricetag? NO

I think the features of these guns pale in comparison to the emag. Not only do you get an electronic marker but you get one with probably the best valve system, Manual override, and an rt trigger system. (however im still too poor to own one)

Too often it seems people associate quality with price.
    bushmasters suck nuts and a 14 way is a solenoid and the angel and the excal will perform much better than a bushmaster...

Ok so a 14 way valve is a solenoid. whatever. Doesnt matter. My point was the designs are too close that there will be little to no performance difference.

Dont reply with idiotic comments like "Bushmasters suck nutts..."

And simply saying "...and the angel and excal will perform much better than a bushmaster" without a valid reason/explanation only shows your ignorance.

It seems to me your opinion is based entirely on hearsay.

Or if Im wrong please enlighten me with the details as to why you think the angel and excal are soo much better.

A player w/ an Angel should be just as good as the same player w/ a bushy, but I'd have to say that the Angel is better of the two. I don't even own a Angel, and have personally owned 3 bushys and sold all of em, and then my brother has 2 of em. Angels just feel A LOT better than bushys do...I used to be a big Angel trasher until ICD started takin forever to fix mine. Then I got to play a game w/ an Angel, and loved it. They hold better, the electronics are much better, the triggers are nice, and they look sweet. Honestly the only thingthat I thinkthe bushys has over the angel is weight, which really isnt an issue for most people anyway.

ive played with them and have owned all three... i know what im talking about.

bushmasters are unreliable and not durable at all, they have horrible triggers and you have to put lots of money into them to make them "ok". trust me they are not great guns. angels are one of the highest quality guns ever and well the excal wasn't what it was cracked up to be but it still out performed the bushmaster by far.