View Poll Results: Most overpriced gun

Voters
779. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angel

93 11.94%
  • Angel (tricked stock ex. Warped sportz dark)

140 17.97%
  • Autococker (stock)

5 0.64%
  • Autococker (tricked stock, ex. kapp cocker)

95 12.20%
  • Bushmaster

8 1.03%
  • Intimidator

32 4.11%
  • Money? Whats that? Oh, thats the stuff that my mommy bought my angel with.

20 2.57%
  • What are you talking about, the whole damn sport is expensive.

386 49.55%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most overpriced gun

I have to say the autocoker is way overpriced and in my opnion your just paying for the name. I seen a dude who shelled out 3500 for a autocoker system that could be adjusted w/ a laptop computer the second he went out in the course his marker screw up (hmm just the type of guy you want on a team) and he was taken out 20 sec. in the match Theres to much that can go wrong with an autocoker. Me I stick to my RT pro its easy to maintane and always reliable and hasn't given me any problems.

automags are still over priced till this day...for the amount of money you can get a p/f mag for or a minimag which is 300 dollars you can get a good electronic gun for that amount..I suggest they drop minis and automags prices even further
    "You dont need to be so shallow, turn your head prepare to follow"-CKY

this is easy, the talon. it is worth nothing and therefore an undefined percentage overpriced. HA!
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

angelKiller16 Guest

Thumbs down ?

MagsRus, i would like to disagree with you. Of all the pbguns out thier the mags are one of the best deals. Them along with a stock impulse. You can get a top of the line tourney gun with retro valve, awsome barrel, and new frame for about or under 600! what other gun offers that.
    PS. The mag is not one of those electro, 300$, wanabe, made in Korea, "tourney" guns either

Jeez, I hate this conversation...

I have worked in paintball stores for nearly ten years, and this conversation comes up more than just about any other. What is worth the money, and what gun is better than what other gun...

Actually, the "low pressure guns have better range" debate makes me want to hurl even more...

My fellow paintballers, when it comes right down to it...who cares???

If you tell a single mother with no job, who is fighting to be able to feed her two kids that you are going to spend just $40 on a case of paint, let alone $900 on an eMag, or whatever, she will tell you it's not worth it.

Most of our parents, and spouses think Paintball is not worth the money we spend. But I say again...who cares???

I love the sport of Paintball.
    I love the game of Paintball.
    I love running up with my KP rifle, and bunkering some mark cause he thought I was crazy to go on the field with a stock gun.
    I love zippin through my 12v Rev, as I stroke away at my Palmer Houndstooth, showing the non-believers why I have an agitating hopper on a pump gun.
    I love sticking tight to the snake on a Sup' Air field, while my Timmy spits 14 bps down field at some fool who thought he could make that move up MY tape!

And now, I can't wait to get my hands on my Lvl 10 kit, so I can dig out my beloved Mag, and hit the field like in the old days.

CA or 12 gram, Auto trigger, or single shot, PMI 3 or 68 Special, Mag or Cocker, Tippmann or Spyder, Cocker or Shocker, Angel or Bushmaster, Timmy or Impulse, Emag or eMatrix. Warpfeed or Halo...

Whatever you shoot, however you shoot it, however much you paid, who cares???

Use whatever you like, just be happy with it and leave the other guy alone about what he is playing with. Just be glad he is playing. Be glad that we all get to play a game as over the top as PAINTBALL!!!

(No, I won't explain what CA means...)
    Dave Adams
    Captain of Team Horror Show
    Owner of THE CORE - Competition Paintball Team
    ---------------------------------------------
    Owner of Horror Show Paintball - Your Source in MASS for RT Pro's and Accessories!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Certified Angel Tech - "Heaven is Shooting an Angel"

good answer...
    you really can't argue with that one bit
    why argue anyway?
    IMO we should end this thread on that note.

sanku, amen. that's the best answer i've heard yet
    Drive it like you stole it.
    Shoot it like you borrowed it.
    Who Dares, Plays.

i dont care what gun you have if you cant run or dont have a steady hand you could have the best gun in the world nd still suck. thats my opinion

well, no u don't have to run, just kinda, er, hustle, beat a hasty path.
    the steady hand part is good. also, good attitude.
    yea, i love kids who go out w/ angels,
    and they're like, this 'gun sucks,
    i shoulda got u out.
    if u have the money, and u have an angel, timmy etc...and ur not ignorant, e.g. (i'm better than u cuz...., or i spent $2k, on mine.... this 'gun sucks cuz i have the trigger so short it goes off when i blow on it and i shot myself in the foot)
    that is ignorant
    on the other hand, if u have high end 'gun, i'm not gonna say, good lord, ur gun cost a lot and ur young. therefore ur stupid.
    if u have a question, whether it's a newbie one, or a hard, technical question, i'm not gonna hate on u lol.

Originally posted by MiniMagger2002
    oops sorry i was just thinking the mainstream guns
    More people use Excal's than Bushy's or Timmy's, according to a recent survey by PB2X

Im offended that the timmy even made the list

but am glad that noone has voted for it. As for the bushy vs angel thing i have shot both and both work well. However the angel is superior in tolerences. I remember when the bushy first came out there were people posting threads about how there breaches were machined so small that paint couldn't even fit. Now I'm not saying that this is normal and I believe that the bushies have come a long way since there introduction.

Originally posted by petefol
    hehe you left out mags
    haha they arent expensive at all
    Someone took away my cool sig. *cough*mod*cough*

Thats a tossup between the
    Entity Matrix for $1400

and the

Chris Lasoya IR3 (CLASS IR3) for $1900

The Entity matrix comes with some horrendous ugly milling of a squid! and out of the box upgrade parts that can be bought for under $200. Buy a stock matrix for $700 and spend the $200 yourself and you don't have to look at a goddamn squid everyday and save $500.

The CLASS IR3 is a stock IR3 with a the solenoid area milling expanded and made more boring and pedestrian than stock milling. Then they add......drumroll please...........a VOLUMIZER!!! (that does absolutely nothing. Yeah thats worth an extra $500. The only thing of substance is the lifetime warranty from warped sportz. Before you APG readers jump on me for all the "personal tuning" that is involved in that gun. Realize that with a $5 set of allen wrenches you too can set the trigger pull at home in under 10minutes. Beyond that, nothing.

I guess the CLASS IR3 takes my vote.

thats because warped sportz rips off everyone with theyre products and the amazing thing is people pay it... + warps warrenty sucks they dont even cover parts... only labor so if something goes wrong you have to pay for whatever part is messed up
    D . Y . N . A . S . T ... Y!

iR3

Originally posted by minimag187
    All autocockers have all these upgrades that do squat, and the stores try to sell autocockers because stupid people always wanna upgrade them. A stock autococker is almost as good as you can get them.
    This is crazy, just crazy...

Stock autococker compared to, say, Works...

Barrel
    Stock cocker barrel: is a piece of aluminum with a whole in it and threads on one end

Works Barrel: OTP One-piece ported barrel, not bad

Feed Neck
    Stock: Right feed, needs elbow
    Works: CCM adjustable Angel threaded Vert Feed

Pnuematics
    Stock: Stock (nuff sed, I don't care if the reg or 3 way is the same as the STO just unpolished...)
    Works: MacDev Sonic Reg, STO ram, Bullet 3 way, ultra smooth with adjustable pnuematic pressure capability

Milling/Ano
    Stock: Slot here and there, flat black
    Works: Won't even describe it, uncountable colors (including flat black if thaz your thing)

Internals
    Stock: Stock
    Works: LP internals, drilled out for LP operation (AKA LMP bodies) Nelson velocity kit

Bolt
    Stock: Stock, not bad if you polish it, but hey, it doesn't come polished
    Works: Open Faced Delrin Works bolt (HELL YEAH)

Gripframe
    Stock: Polycarbonate (strong plastic) non .45 frame
    Works: .45 butter smooth slide or Works Hinge

Trigger Plate
    Stock: piece of metal
    Works: milled to the BONE (that's right)

What does it add up to? Stock cockers, no matter how much you put on them, I will admit, even my STO cocker which is tricked, will ALWAYS feel mechanical in comparison to the silk of a Works or Evolution cocker or other... you CAN'T compare stock to Works...

I've read a LOT of crazy stuff on this thread (yeah, that whole thing about bushy to angel... bushy can't COMPARE) but this just stuck in my head from the what? 3rd reply?

btw Titan:
    I think you're the $hit because you admitted bushys suck and you have the link to yours for sale right under it (thumbs up)... Way to keep your head in line and the guys who obviously have never shot angels head's straight!

Btw, bushy's have MAD trigger side-play...

i think that the A-5 is the most overpriced gun, it's like 270 or 300 you could get a cocker for not much more, not that i like cockers but they are still better than any tippmann, and all the A-5 is, is a tippman 98 with a detatchable gripframe and it has a cyclone feed, big deal it's still a piece of crap they should pay the user to shoot it
    Last edited by chris99506; 08-22-2002 at 12:38 PM.

I dont think the tippmanns are pieces of crap. And I think that cyclone feed is a nice feature. I would buy one. And you have options for reactive triggers and what not on the tippmanns. To me the new a5 looks to be a bit more solid than the m98. Tippmanns are good entry level guns. Shure there not automags, but they are decent. However a $300+ price tag is a bit steap.

Originally posted by Skweegi

The CLASS IR3 is a stock IR3 with a the solenoid area milling expanded and made more boring and pedestrian than stock milling. Then they add......drumroll please...........a VOLUMIZER!!! (that does absolutely nothing. Yeah thats worth an extra $500.
    not to mention that that $500 volumizer looks like the um....hmm...male genetalia heehee
    OSK