View Poll Results: Most overpriced gun

Voters
779. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angel

93 11.94%
  • Angel (tricked stock ex. Warped sportz dark)

140 17.97%
  • Autococker (stock)

5 0.64%
  • Autococker (tricked stock, ex. kapp cocker)

95 12.20%
  • Bushmaster

8 1.03%
  • Intimidator

32 4.11%
  • Money? Whats that? Oh, thats the stuff that my mommy bought my angel with.

20 2.57%
  • What are you talking about, the whole damn sport is expensive.

386 49.55%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Most overpriced gun

E Z killer... i was just saying that this was the thread for MOST OVERPRICED GUN.... and the gun that u stated was available at a great cost.... and a trigger job is included
    IF I WANTED AN ANGEL AIR I WOULD GLUE A GAMEBOY TO MY FRIKIN TANK.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Originally posted by Shewer-Shrat
    the whole damn sport is expensive. but i still play
    -SS
    I think the only thing cheep in this sport is the air I fill my tank with.
    Just remember your moms credit card can't but you talent.

my air fills are 5 bucks (68/45)...!!!!!!!!!!

and they don't allow all day air

FlagCarrier Guest
    IMO, dye cockers are the most overpriced guns out there. stock pneumatics for 800+ dollars??? they have nice bodies and are reasonably fast, but there is no way that they are worth that kind of cash.

i wonder how much it costs to make these guns... would be funny if some of these 1000$ gun only cost 100 bucks to make.

i think the most over priced thing in paintball atm are the hpa tanks.. you have got to be kidding me 150-400$!! for a hpa tank?!?! it probibly cost them 20$ to make....

yes, paintball is expensive we need more paintball gun makers to get the prices down. since there are so few makers they have an upper hand at ripping us off so to speak.

I let the wife talk me into getting the 16 year old twins an Impact Angel (waaaay over priced) and a Trauma Matrix (not too bad). 3k at one lick hurts!

I vote.........What are you talking about, the whole damn sport is expensive.
    [img]Sig image must be under 20k[/img]

[ Logic Paintball ]

[ IM ME! ]

8. I think you guys are forgetting that paint is by far the most over priced item in paintball. Think about what the average field charges per case, somewhere between $55 and some fields as much as $107 a case and the true cost per case, which is <$15. Yeah, HPA tanks are expensive, but when three to four point five thousand PSI is on the line, I'm not going with the cheapest thing on the market. And with gun bodies, I hate to break it, but CNC time is EXPENSIVE!!! The machines themselves are between $100,000 to $250,000 apiece so there is tremendous overhead, and then they take massive amounts of electricty. Not to mention it takes FOREVER to mill stuff, especially when there are complex designs involved. Keep in mind that these machines can only take off about fifteen to twenty thousands of and inch of metal per pass, and think about the number of passes invovled!!!!!!

Pretty much everythin in paintball is overpriced especially when you take into account that it is cheaper to buy an inferno when they are made in the UK and shipped to the states in the USA. So in a sense everythin is overpriced and will continue to do so until ppl stop paying the prices which is goin to continue

Jujst my pennys worth

Powered by an Emag and RT

What are you talking about? the whole damn sport is expensive?

the whole sport is expensive I agree. I mean sometimes i think about what im paying for what I'm getting and its ridiculous.

However i do believe that anything buy Shocktech is overpriced!!! Some of those things don;t even come with a barrel or a regulator

Just my opinion feel free to comment other wise

Just to let you know, stock cockers do cost 300 bucks to make, most guns are not overpriced more than 100-200 bucks.

They have to make profit, We pay the prices, so they chargem.

1000 dollar guns do NOT cost 100 bucks to make.

CNC time as the guy above me said takes a long time, and with most guns now adays have 4th axis milling, its amazing how the prices stay as low as they are.

paint is ebtter than before, I think it was 150 back in the oldschool days. and if you complain about 55 bucks a case paint... my god you are lucky, I used to pay 85 a case... now I pay like 50-55 which I am quiet pleased about.
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

i get paint for $30 a case
    Kids That Play For Fun Always Lose! or Is It Because They All Have Spyders!
    Goto www.allenpaintball.com for quality paintballl products.

funny quote

Originally posted by Archangel Kid
    IF I WANTED AN ANGEL AIR I WOULDA TAPED A GAMEBOY TO MY TANK

heh thanks

I think that the most overpriced gun is the X-MAG. I priced it from the AGD Europe online store at $1440 USD for a CnC single color ano. Any stock Angel (regualr, Cnc, or FLY) can be found online for less than $1100, the shocktech SFL autococker thats priced at $1850 at the shocktech online store can be found anodized for at the most $1299 (that was the first place I checked that carried them, there are probably cheaper places). The most expensive guns out there are the mods of Angels which most people consider overpriced because all you get for $1550 to $1800 is a different milling and an ano job, maybe a few pieces changed out here and there, nothing important. What these people dont realize is that the main thing that they are paying for is support. For example, when you buy a Mamba IR3 for $1550 to $1750 you get a lifetime warranty that they will always fix, usually free of charge unless a real component has to be replaced. People buy these for peace of mind, they know that if they break there will be a guy there to fix them.

Nitro tanks arent overpriced either. Think about the liabilty that tank makers are under, they know that they hace to make a high quality tank because if one explodes they will get sued up the yingyang. Plus, the reg on the tank is the most expensive part. You can buy a 68/45 tank with a fixed-output "reg" for like $160, but high quality regged tanks are up to about $350. Regging down 4500 psi to a very consistant stream at 300 psi takes a lot of pneumatics, i dont know how they do it.

I think that the most overpriced thing in paintball is the paint. Really, there has to be a cheaper way for people and fields to get paint. We know that the price manufacturers sell to wholesalers is usually $20-$30 per case because thats the price manufacturers sell their paint at tourneys for. In the current system, the manufacturer, distributor, possibly 2nd level distributor, and then retailer or field have to take their margain. Imagine if you and fields could buy paint straight from manufacturers for $20 per case... It would be heaven.... but you cant.

Does anyone know why the X-MAG is more expensive then its competitors? Base level its about $1100, not bad I guess. But black is pretty ugly on it, and the CnC is so cool. I cant believe that those 2 options add over $340. Maybe $200, but about $340 for one color ano and a relatively simple CnC compared to the milling done on some other markers, its a joke. Maybe soon they'll start selling them anywhere besides the AGD Europe store and you'll be able to get one for $999 base, $1199 with 1 color ano and CnC. I think its cheaper to buy an E-MAG, buy the X-MAG upgrade kit, and buy an X-valve. Not quite the same, still heavier, but is there any other difference?

I noticed the mags were curiosuly abesnt from the list... but yet a stock cocker is on there.....
    see my Cocker here.
    And my beloved Sterling

PAINT IS expensive. No doubt about that i mean its so stupid when u really think about it. I can go to home depot and fill them up with alot of paint for like 7 dollars
    what teh shell casing cost damn near nuttin the paintball industry is EXPENSIVE

i dont know if its me or what

but i think that the 98 custom is way way over priced. im sure ill get some fire for this but i think the marker sucks on all levels of preformance. the only good thing is its the ak-47 of paintball its hard to break them. but no matter how much u put into them they just dont compare really.
    dont make me use my steathly ninji ways on you!!
    Mags dont break stupid people break them!

KORN RULES OVER ALL
    paintball sams may 31 ao meet my mom tells the Pride and Tom "now dont hurt my baby" thats what moms are for!

good traders: paintballer187 blakdragon21 shrapnel

@backtrack2pb

100.000-250.000 dollar?
    are you dreaming? you can get 4 axis machines for under 50000 dollar what the §%$& are you talking about these machines can work all day and night so you have plenty of time to built a marker on it even if the firm is not able to afford another mill....

the most important thing is to realize that for example, some firms want 100+ dollar for a vision board or some other type of board which is worth not even a dollar.
    an a.c.e. is perhaps worth 2 dollars....

try to compare markers to other thing that are difficult to manufacture,like bikes, dvd players...
    you can get a bike for about 100 dollars and a dvd player for the same price,do you think a boomstick is more expensive to manufacture than an entire bike

In my opinion Angels are overpriced because most of the people that play in tournaments pick Cockers and Impys over angels... Their angels are pretty much a back up just for show... And Cockers are the most overpriced ones of all because IMO they are a complete POS no matter what you do to them. I have seen more cockers down in tournaments than any other gun. IMO Mags and tippmann are the best buys for the buck because they seem to be the most reliable guns around. If I develop a leak on my mag (due to oring or such) I can fix it in no time. Where as I have seen guys that had to use their back up guns for the rest of the day because their Cockers have went down. And as far as excals, Angels, Timmy's, vikings, and all of those other high end electros go, my front man for my paintball team uses a vision eye impy and never breaks paint, its very reliable and if he has any problems with it he can get it fixed quick. And as far as E-mags go my friend got a whole setup with a warp and roller trigger for under $1,000... you just have to look at the different online stores for deals... LOL and for paint I dont need to worry cuz the sponsor gives me a good deal on those ($35 a case for high quality paint) but still the WHOLE SPORT IS EXPENSIVE and the most overpriced gun is based on opinion of the players and their experiences with the guns until you can get the percent profit that the people make selling them.
    CLICK TO AIM ME!!!

"If you can't stand the RAGE, get the hell out of the CAGE"

WWW.PAINTBALLER187.COM <- For all you trading needs!

Oh and as far as Air goes I get my scuba tank filled for 3 bucks and I get about 10 good fills off of it and can generally squeeze out 15 fills but the psi is kind of low at that point.

The whole damn sport is hella expensive. But it is the price you pay for high quality gear so who cares! If anyone really did the sport wouldnt be around. That is my 2 cents

If we all converted Rate of Fire from BPS to $/Minute, we would all play stock.

Red face most overpriced gun?

well, that depends who you are and how big your pocketbook or mommies pocketbook is. I personally think some of the high end cockers. ie..Orracle (not E), free flow, Shocktech get up past more than they are worth unless you are really into looks. once you get up to a certain point you start paying for looks. And on the p8nt issue, my field p8nt is $35 a case. I'm happy to pay that much for the ammount of enjoyment I get our of shooting my lvl 10 Mag. (I know no1 cares).
    If my mag could cook and clean I'd marry it. It is pretty and I love it. p.s. don't flush yourself down the toilet, and when in the bathroom, remember NO DIVING!
    Last edited by Anonymous Proud Mag Owner; 05-13-2003 at 09:59 PM.
    "Great Minds think a lot" -Dunno, but not me
    "Everyone is your friend until you bunker them" -me
    "All your bunkerz are belong to me"
    "Not everyon in the world hates me, a lot of people haven't met me yet." -me

45 a case for the cheapest here. With I got 35 a case but I have seen other places that charge like 60 a case so im ok with 45.