Thread: !!- Minimag -!! help, upgrades, and questions!!

1. !!- Minimag -!! help, upgrades, and questions!!

Hello, I am getting the Minimag. I heard it's a great gun, which is very nice to hear since it looks so sweet. I was wondering if this would be ok since people say that liquid co2 messes up the internals and Nitro is better.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) If I had a 20 oz CO2 tank (chromoly) with anti-siphon would it be, like alright to use? What if I added an expansion chamber, would it be even better?

2) I am going to use the minimag stock first, see what I like/dislike and then see what to upgrade. But I was wondering what upgrades are basically essential, if any and why?!?

3) And finally... Is the minimag worth it? I have read tons of reviews of 10 / 10's for it and 9 / 10's for it all saying it is excellent. But I guess every gun has a rival, so is the stock autococker better than a stock minimag? I know this is a biased opinion, so give me yours. Thanks a lot for all the help, I can wait to get my gun!!

Kuda <>-<

Definetly need a new barrel, about the CO2, I haven't gone that route for a while so I don't know.

Other than that, just get a good gas setup, eventually go retro and get an intelli.

For the VS. Stock cocker, cocker's are nice, but you need to pour a lot of money into them to make them good. The pull on a stock cocker is a mile long.
    Once you have shot and eliminated someone, you have established your position towards them. In a sense, the next move is up to them...

See ya in the dead box!

in the order you asked......

1. as long as the tank was set up for that marker then yes..... and an Xchamber wouldnt hurt either....

2. the essentials... a barrel or 2 to match the paint that you shoot.... a motorized hopper that will keep up with your trigger finger.... after that whatever you feel it needs, though most of us would recomend an HPA setup at the min.....

3. worth it.... for me yup... how does the stock cocker and a stock mini stack up.... got me i've havn't shot a cocker during a game.... for me though when i got my mag it was either that or a cocker... i went with the mag for the reason of i wanted a marker that wouldn't take long to learn how to fix... that and me and gun maintance dont get along that well esp when i bought mine....
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

I have to say it... this forum (and TK) drove me to mag'ism!

This place kicks ***!

-Mike

5. thanks.

Thanks guys/gals. I appreciate all the responses and the help. My minimag should get to me around Wednesday or Thursday. I just can't wait, I'll tell you guys how I like it...

1 more thing... Since I am low on funds, can I use a regular hopper but not pull the trigger as fast so balls wont break? Thanks.

yup that should be ok.... but do look into a motorized hopper when ya got the funds........

let the shakin begin *8P

Well my opinion on cocker vs mag could go on forever to explain, so Ill leave at the fact that the mag is better. Little things add up to a big difference between these guns. If you want me to explain more i will later when i have more time.

The stock minimag barrel is pretty good, but I suggest that you upgrade it before compressed air even. If you are in a cold climate area, get the compressed first for sure.

As for the hopper, Im really beginning to believe that the motorized hoppers arent really necessary unless you are shooting 9 balls a second. I shoot 7 out of game and about 8 in game a second, and yet i never chop unless i shortstroke. Im estimating my ROF but im definetly 7 a second. In the manual it says that a standard hopper feeds 7 a second, which is with standard feed. With powerfeed i think you can reach 8 a second.

If you get an intelliframe which are very nice, I think you should also think about that hopper. On the other hand, it will take some time to learn the mag trigger. At the beginning i could only get 6 a second. I also shoot faster than people who bought their mag somewhat recently.

need any other info?
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

8. Hey, thanks for the responses once again...

You say the trigger is "odd" on a minimag? What exactly do you mean by that? Is it long, short, what?

What's an intelliframe? some kind of upgrade? And what does it do?

Thanks.

Mag triggers arent quite like any other triggers on paintball guns, they can be easy to short stroke, until you 'learn' how to pull the trigger properly. Some pick it up quickly, some take awhile, and a small percentage, just can't get the hang of it. the mag triggers are usually short and quite crisp.

an Intelliframe is an aftermarket 2X 45 grip frame, that's made by AGD, and considerd the best 45 frame for a mag by many, only rivaled by the Z-Grip. Since its made by AGD, the tolerences are very precice, and maintain the same pull and feel to the trigger of the stock grip frame.

the first upgrade I'd suggest, is HPA, by the time you go and get an anti-siphon CO2 tank, and expansion chamber and such, you might have well as bought a screw in HPA tank. You'll be much happier with your mags performance on HPA. after that, I'd suggest an electronic loader, and a better barrel.

Hope this helps.

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."

Assuming you have a stock Mag, upgrade first following this list:

1.HPA
    2.Barrel
    3.Elect loader, I recommend ricochet
    4.Intelliframe
    5.Superbolt
    6.also you might want misc. things like hoses, forgrips, etc.

and your done...thats yet another plus to shooting a Mag.

I recommended the ricochet becuase it feeds on every pull no matter what, and this way you do not need to buy wires and intellifreed your revolution to do this, when you get the intelliframe. Plus it DOES deflect balls, and it feeds 13 bps. I have not used one, but this is what people tell me. I have heard great things about them too.

I have an older Minimag and use CO2 with an expansion chamber. The only problem I have had is when I point the gun down then bring it back up and shoot continuously (around 100 shots) the valve will ice up and play time is pretty much over until it thaws. I have since fixed this problem with an anti-siphon tube in the tank. I bought the gun used and it looks like it has had some work done to the valve but no problems in the year I have used it. I stayed with the CO2 because no one in my area refilled HPA. I am just a rec player but I can hold my own against any of the other rec players with the Mini.
    Last edited by ts1spoc; 05-20-2002 at 08:20 AM.

If we are still evolving and have evolved from monkeys, why are there no half monkeys/half humans around?
    www.tornadoalleypaintball.com

12. Thanks... Nitro?

Hello, thanks for all the help!

I have yet another question...

I am going to get nitro once I get enough money but anyways I want a 68ci nitro tank. I want to get a crossfire maybe? since they are the cheapest. Also what is the difference in different style nitro tanks? like they have fiber wrapped or whatever. Also I was looking into getting 4500 PSI and I heard it gets around 1000 - 1500 shots something like a 20oz CO2 tank. But the 3000psi does that get less shots? if so how many? Will I also be able to run the 4500psi through the minimag or do I need to buy some low pressure kit thing?

Also if anybody has any Nitro tanks or 12v Revy's for sale I would gladly buy them.. Thanks for the responses and your time.

Fiber wrapped tanks weigh less than steel, but you should put a tank cover on them.

3000 psi is about 680 shots approx. out of a 68ci tank.
    4.5K is about 1020

Crossfire tanks are awesome tanks, you can find used one's cheap on the forums. Just check for the hydro date.

You don't need any kind of low pressure or xtra regulator for 4.5K systems, both 3K and 4.5K systems only output up to about 800 psi.

Now it's time to sleep....Finals in the morning

Go for the mag. Cockers are seriously overrated imo. I have used both a cocker and a mag and I loved the mag from the first time I picked it up. Do the right thing and get the mag. Also, try and get a gas-thru stock with a coil remote and a good x-chamber. Keeps all liquid out of the gun, and looks hella cool