Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shatnerball Roster II

Re: Paintball 2Xtremes is Coming...With His Automag!

Originally posted by Josh2Xtremes
    Hey guys, Josh Silverman from Paintaball 2Xtremes here! Not only will I be covering the Shatner game, but I will also be playing for the Borg with my Automag. Count me in for any plans you have and add me to the roster.
    Josh

Excellent, AO's own war correspondent. Remember my left side is my best one

Good to have you aboard Josh.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Re: Sign In as early as Wednesday!

Originally posted by JJBrookshire
    You might consider screen name along the back of the shoulders and "AO" where the Number goes
    i'm totally in on that one!

AO Film Stars?

Just to give AOrs the "heads up":

If you have a digital or high 8 video camera, bring it to the event. Creative Light Entertainment (www.crlight.com) will be producing a made for TV 2 hour documentary of Shatnerball. They will provide high 8 and digital tape for those of you that can use it at no charge! You will be required to turn in the tape after the event and will be given film credits if your footage is used. This will be a chance for you to film your teamates gearing up, strategizing and playing.
    J.J. Brookshire
    Director of Business Development
    National Paintball Supply, Inc.

Talking See you at the Game!

What's up MagDog? That's right, the Jew is coming! When we get on the field at Challenge Park make sure you come see me and we'll all shoot people together...and I don't mean with a camera!
    Josh

just signed up, i am tempted to play with the sterling that i have been putting in a little work on lately ^_^

First off, will anyone yell at me if I play with Palmer guns? I'll strap my Sydarm on if that makes you guys feel better

But anyways, someone better make sure that Wicked Mpulse brings quite a few large "A" "O" letters. We would like these larger than the normal lettering on jersey's. Wonder if they can do it.

Anyone else realize how expensive this even is getting? I just added it up;

Plane Tix: $131.00 (from Pittsburgh)
    Rental Car: $297.00 (for the week)
    Hotel: $495 (Hampton Inn for the week)
    Event Fee: $100.00
    Paint: $60 /case
    Beer: Who knows but a lot
    Feed: Depends on how much beer I drink

I could buy a C+C Extreme for what I am spending on this event...but it's gonna be great. BTW, I will have 1 or 2 extra Motorola talkabouts with a PTT earbud if anyone is interested.

Originally posted by Muzikman
    First off, will anyone yell at me if I play with Palmer guns? I'll strap my Sydarm on if that makes you guys feel better
    We won't hold it against you - but you should probably bring the Sydarm anyway, lots of us would like to steal...err... shoot it.

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

I'll be shooting my GZ timmy and with luck a squall. So don't worry too much about it.
    Unless I get convinced to by an Extreme.

BTW, I will have 1 or 2 extra Motorola talkabouts with a PTT earbud if anyone is interested.
    I'll take you up on that. Thanks.

Anyone read the warpig.com article on shatner writing and actually playing in the event? check it out!

~Fred

Talking And didja Notice Who Took the Photos?

I hope you like 'em!

How could we not notice! We are among greatness here people!

It actually incredible when you think about the people AO gives us access to - Tom Kaye and his entire tech team, Bill Mills, Doc , Maghog (Triggernomics) and now Josh who is without a doubt going to introduce a TON of people to Automags.org through Paintball2Xtreme magazine!

We have been truly lucky to be part of the AO experience people! We all owe Tom Kaye, Webby and all the Mods alot!

~Fred

Talking Good Points!

Introduce people to AO through Paintball 2Xtremes?? Precisely WHAT kind of Automag shooter would I be if I didn't?

The Scenario

Spplat.com has finally given us a taste of the scenario for Shatnerball. Check it out here - http://www.spplat.com/news.html

I am also trying to contact JJ about getting the Jerseys Pre-Ordered, so that our Screennames can be imprinted prior to our arrival. I just emailed him, so we have to wait and see.

~Fred

Re: The Scenario

Originally posted by MagDog68

I am also trying to contact JJ about getting the Jerseys Pre-Ordered, so that our Screennames can be imprinted prior to our arrival. I just emailed him, so we have to wait and see.
    good call, man. i'm very interested in this, as i might not be able to get there till that saturday morning. and i wanna be cool like the rest of the AO'ers!

I'm curious as to how the jersey's run in terms of size. My JT Camo XL is nice and roomy but my JT Premiere with all the venting is skin tight on my forearms and drives me crazy. If they run smallish I may want to go a size up.

Jerseys will need to be done after you sign in

Unfortunately we will not have the jerseys available to be customized until a couple of days before the game. You will need to sign in to get your jersey and then take it to the WickedMpulse booth to have it customized. One of the major points to this is to "encourage" people to sign in before Saturday morning. If every player shows up on Saturday AM we'll have a hard time getting them all on the field before game start time. We plan on running registration as late as need be on Friday and will open at 5:00 AM on Saturday.

fair enough- thanks for the quick reply!

landmines, grenades, etc...

Landmines, grenades, etc... will be allowed provided they are not determined to be unsafe. For example "cool burning" smoke grenades will be fine but not those that would likely start a forest fire.

Re: landmines, grenades, etc...

Landmines, grenades, etc... will be allowed provided they are not determined to be unsafe. For example "cool burning" smoke grenades will be fine but not those that would likely start a forest fire.
    What about breakaway tripwire landmines? I have made a few spring loaded landmines that are activated by a tripwire pulling a pin - would that be legal?

~Fred

As long as they are safe...Bring it on!

We hope to see a wide variety of "toys" and I anticipate the Borg will be rather "technocentric" (in keeping in character). You are welcome to bring those land mines. If we find these to be unsafe, we'll let you know. Use your best judgement and you will most likely be fine. I want you to feel like you can be creative but just remember we are there to have fun and make sure everyone has a safe and good time.

Team BlackCell will be at the hotel (The Red Roof Inn, Joliet) on Thursday the 29th, and plans to sign in and get all our stuff at that time. I also hope to get our jerseys customized then also.

Where is everyone else staying? We should all get together and survey the field like someone said a few posts back. Set up a time and place to meet and we're there.

I know some of the Michigan crew will be there on thursday and will be at the red rood inn (in Joliet).
    I think the plan was to head out on the town thurs night. Go to the field friday and survey the layout and vendors.

OldSoldier and myself will hopefully get into Joliet in the early evening of Friday. We are staying at the Red Roof Inn. Looks like I won't be able to abstain from alcohol that weekend - so much for my dream of being a Menonite...

~Fred

I am flying in Tuesday night and Staying at the Hampton Inn in Joliet. I plan on registering and customizing the jersey some time Wednesday and maybe even playing a little. I plan on hitting the blues clubs Wednesday night and then doing it all the same Thursday. I plan on getting a good night sleep friday night, so I probably will not be partying then, but since my flight home is not until 6pm Sunday, I will probably party it up Saturday night

just a note,

im bringing 3 bud's with me. they arent on AO and dont own mags. but they play good.

i asked JJ if they could be in the AO group. but havent heard back.

so you can count them as well.

3 Buds are in.

Sorry, if I did not get back with you, but so far we have been able to accomodate all requests.

J.J.

Re: 3 Buds are in.

Sorry, if I did not get back with you, but so far we have been able to accomodate all requests.

J.J.
    So now the question is - how many people that have registered from AO have notified JJ of their intention to be AO Team members? And how many are bringing non-AOers that want to be part of us too?

I am going to try to contact everyone I have on my list and get their real names and forward them to JJ so we are sure to have enough members to fill out an entire platoon.

~Fred

Got a question for you all. Have you recieved your info packets yet? I talked to JJ at D-Day in OK. and he said that they would be getting the packets out within a week or two. That has been a long time ago and I still havn't got anything. Just wanted to find out if there was a slip up on my entry or something. I moved into a new house since I regestared but everything should have been forwarded here.

Also, J.J. If you havn't gotten any of my E-Mails. Wasn't I the one who won the drawing for the Stars & Stripes at D-Day. Richard Easter. You E-Mailed me saying that I was the winner and you would ship the marker in a week or so. That was last month. Just wondering.
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Accuracy by Skill!!
    Intimidation by Volume!!!

Proud member of The Militia

Proud member of Team Tactical Markers

My Feed BAck

I havent received an info packet...I knew nothing about it. Also, I didnt get a confirmation on being on the AO team either...but I dont think too many ppl did. If you entered AO as your team name, you should be all set.
    X-mag #10. Nuff said.

my feedback