Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shatnerball Roster II

Thanks Soldier, I guess I am just worried that I will get there and they won't have any of my info. I did get a conformation on regestration but I don't know where it is.
    Don't try running, you will only give me a better story!

Accuracy by Skill!!
    Intimidation by Volume!!!

Proud member of The Militia

Proud member of Team Tactical Markers

My Feed BAck

I got my shirt, packet and info fairly quickly. My shirt is already worn out and stained. I need another one JJ. But I signed up a long time ago before the rush. Any of you guys flying should be aware that there is a discount code for a few airlines for people taking a plane to Shatnerball. If you signed up but have;nt gotten the packet you may want to get that before you buy tickets.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

I actually signed up at D-Day for SPPLAT but for the game in March. I was told by J.J. that there would be an info packet sent out with stuff on the game. I may have been mistaken but I don't think so.

Re: We need more assimilations!

Originally posted by MagDog68
    Folks, according to JJ at SPPLAT, the Borg team is under-manned! We need players and we need them now! Just 15 more people are needed to create the elite AO Sqaud! Think about it - 50 experienced, Mag toting AOers against 2000 trekkies wannabes! Sounds like a fair fight to me!

~Fred
    If Cphillip is coming I might be able to get my Dad to bring me. He had a lot of fun with him and Fatman in JErsey.

Tack:
    I recieved my stuff for SPPLAT membership pretty quickly. I love carrying that member card around with me . I am sure you will get it soon, JJ is probably pretty busy with all the planning right now.

845:
    I spoke to cphilip at jersey and neither him nor Fatman had plans on attending Shatnerball...but they did have an awesome time at the Level 10 party, so who knows?

cphilip & Fatman:
    You two were a blast, you have to come to Chicago...it wouldn't be an AO party w/o you!!!

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

Packets and Stars and Stripes

Packets were delayed due to new info that needs to be included. These will go out in the next few days. As for the Stars and Stripes...You did win but the one I have is missing some of the literature and I expect that to arrive tomorrow. When it does I'll send the marker to you at the Ashland, MO address I have.
    J.J. Brookshire
    Director of Business Development
    National Paintball Supply, Inc.

JJ Brookshire - "The man that never sleeps"

~Fred

Thanks for all the info J.J. I'll be looking for the marker in the mail.

Originally posted by MagDog68
    cphilip & Fatman:
    You two were a blast, you have to come to Chicago...it wouldn't be an AO party w/o you!!!
    And here I was thinking I might get to meet uncle phil and fatman in person. We should start a petition to get them to come.

I plan on bringing both my markers with me to the Shatnerball game. I have an SFL and an Angel IR3 that I will be using. Obviously I'm not going to be using both of them at the same time. Are there areas other than the staging area where these can be locked up or is it up to me to secure my gear myself. I.E. pad locks and chains.

Just curious because I don't want anything to turn up missing as I have personally had cash and my cell phone ripped off at local fields. I know you have to carry everything with you because the parking lots are too far away to leave stuff in the car. Anyone know if they have lockers at CPX? What are you guys all doing to keep theft from rearing it's ugly head?

The one decent thing I can say about Skirmish is that their parking lot is right next to the field for special events. I was able to keep all my stuff in my car and take a quick 5 minute walk between it and the playing field. I would NEVER leave my E-Mag ungaurded at an event like that.

~Fred

Parking at CPX

Parking at CPX should be close for most everyone at the event. You will need to carpool from the hotel if at all possible. Best parking will be given to those with 3+ in a vehicle.

Any one who is planning on attending Shatnerball you better reserve your hotel room if you haven't already done so. I called five hotels in the Joliet area before I finally found a room. Looks like things are filling up fast.

Hotels, Airfare & Car Rentals

If you need to make any travel arrangements you should visit
    http://www.etsintl.com/Spplat2002_overview.htm for informaion. This agency is coordinating all of the travel to get everyone the best deals and locations.

Originally posted by 2000Sabre
    I plan on bringing both my markers with me to the Shatnerball game. I have an SFL and an Angel IR3 that I will be using. Obviously I'm not going to be using both of them at the same time. Are there areas other than the staging area where these can be locked up or is it up to me to secure my gear myself. I.E. pad locks and chains.
    Pad locks and chains are recommended... although I've left my stuff out and have never had it stolen at CPX, over the numerous times I've been there.

Just curious because I don't want anything to turn up missing as I have personally had cash and my cell phone ripped off at local fields. I know you have to carry everything with you because the parking lots are too far away to leave stuff in the car. Anyone know if they have lockers at CPX? What are you guys all doing to keep theft from rearing it's ugly head?
    There are no lockers at CPX. And yes, the parking lot is quite a bit away from the "central park" staging area.

I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am. It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get...

JJ-

A quick question on Shatnerball game play. Will the Borg be assimilating players somehow? I was wondering how this may work. I read the write up of the game and it says we will be assimilating an "Alien Race" - somehow I assume that we will have a fourth army with no alliances in this game...any comment?

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to be anything other than a drone. I am sure their are 'special forces' characters in this game - how do you choose them?

~Fred

Borg

The Borg will not "assimilate" others during the game in the true sense of the word. That would create a situation where the Borg would eventually consist of everyone and would not be a very fun game for most.

Assimilation is going on now in that the Borg is assimilating/recruiter others to join in their team.

There will be "special forces" as well as tanks and tank killer teams along with the drone/infantry. Missions will be assigned by Tom as the Borg commander.

so JJ... are we going to be gettin another packet in the mail on the game or have we seen them all now.....
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

Thumbs up Tanks will be rollin!!

The Freak tank is comming along fine with the refit. It seems that some of the tanks will be shooting nerf rockets as anti tanks rounds and some atomic ordinance stuff to. They will be putting in rules for tank mounted markers to hit other tanks. With that bit of info the whole world looks better now. I installed a new speed controll on the twin emags, They rock!! I will still keep the main gun in the turret. The nerf rockest really go out of that main gun.
    So far there is 6 tanks comming to the event that have posted on warpig. Maybe more. We will also have the howitzer to help defend what ever main base we get.At 100 balls a shot it should be pretty easy to tag a tank in the open once you get range. Or we can use it to lob the grenades into other forts.
    What do you think about a flag the has the basic yellow smiley face on it but 1/3 rd of the face is borg.Electric eye and metal covers?
    You may have seen the name Jim bergles on other posts. Well jim and rusty are one in the same. Somehow my old password stopped working so I relisted. And after looking at the other boards the Borg are way ahead of the ball game. At least we arent arguing about how many floors AGD actually has in the shop. Well the ones above ground not counting the secret laboratory where the elves work.
    Jim Bergles
    Freak Tank

Arrival time

I hope to roll in about 1200 hrs Friday to get checked in.And get my Armour and cannon safety inspected.Come SAturday it is unlimber, chrono and go.
    The last thing is I need an opinion on the new color for the tank and cannon. I will be repainting Them for this event. Borg Black will be to hot. What ideas do the masses have? Olive drab is dull. How about blood red will black out lines. It will be sporting some borg queen cutouts on the side of it. small pin up size of course.

jim Bergles
    Freak Tank

I like the half borg smiley face flag idea. As far as color goes, how about a titanium grey color with some black circuit board looking detail? Can't wait to see this thing as use it for cover.

Rough Flag Draft. Smiley Borg

here is a rough draft I was thinking of. mAybe somebody with some real talent could work it up a bit.

Talking I Think it is great!

LOL...that is classic! Don't change it! The rudimentary style gives it some class - to much refinement will take something away.

~Fred

Armour prelim pics

just a quick pic update of Borg Armour. I have alot of the break up pattern to stick in yet. once that is done and the cannon to match I will resend it. The new turret is on the tank and everything works. the twin emags are in the open spots on the front of the turret. the center cannon can shoot nerf rockets or about a 25 ball load. the rockets really go though. I should be able to launch 6 max per minute or 4 min of the rockets. the shotgun rounds take a little extra to load. The front and sides will feature the borg emblem in red.
    Jimb

Riotz Guest
    Hey I'm on the list! When did that happen

Originally posted by Riotz
    Hey I'm on the list! When did that happen
    You must have said you were coming somewhere along the way and i added you.
    ~Fred

Seems like the RedRoof is the official AO hang out for this?? Are we carpooling or what?? Has anyone heard about exibitor tents etc. I have never been to this field can it really handle the 3000 people I here are coming. How many of us have scenario experiance? I know a lot of shatner guys that are hard core waiting to mess with our heads.
    Hitmanng

Question Red Roof (Joliet)

I'm gonna stay at Red Roof, Joliet as well. How are we all gonna hook up once we get there? Does anybody have an extra seat for carpooling? I'll split the rental costs of course. Can't wait to meet fellow AO'ers.

Tony C

Re: Red Roof (Joliet)

Originally posted by DSMPilot
    I'm gonna stay at Red Roof, Joliet as well. How are we all gonna hook up once we get there? Does anybody have an extra seat for carpooling? I'll split the rental costs of course. Can't wait to meet fellow AO'ers.

Tony C
    you might want to say where you are located to get some offers
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

I'll be comming from San Francisco...Anyone?? HAHA..J/K I meant carpooling from Red Roof to the park.

Tony C