41 26.62%
  • 16in

7 4.55%
  • 18in(BOY thats long)

1 0.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Length Barrel??

Favorite Length Barrel??

Just what the title says, whats everyones favorite length barrel?
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

12" for speedball, 14" for bushball.

I like the compactness of the 12" for speedball, but the 14" is easier to aim, for when I'm lingballing in teh bush.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

12 inch... as Tom (a.k.a. god of paintball tech) says, when you have a barrell the length to the porting is the "effective length". The best size he says is 12 inches, and ten would be to little.
    2002 Custom Vert Cocker
    www.tapaintball.cjb.net

personman Guest
    I cant fire 14 in barrels. They are just WAY too big for me.
    I can stand 12 inches but 10 is my fave

10" for a mag...12" for any other gun.

12" is fine, with a Mag, like 2" of the barrel is already in the marker, so its like having a 10". Add that to the compactness of the Mag, and you've got a very maneuverable marker.

blnk162 Guest
    rock the 16 or go home

FreshmanBob Guest
    anything past 12 you start losing efficency as there's more drag on the ball and friction in the barrel which is made up for by turning the velocity up.

12's my favorite length, not too loud, efficent an not too long

i like 10 inch barrel with 1 to 2 inches of porting
    i dont need any more than that

12" max, no more, no less.
    Good Traders:
    RT_Luver, Dubstar, Sk8ermog, RTrampage, Butterfingers, Emagster,Snakebite78, oldsoldier, italian_animal, ciscokid, cannedheat, Sniper, Bensongg, tombraider68, TAW, unrealsm, NJpaint

My Feedback

I voted for 10 but I could stand 12.

There's a guy at my field who shoots like a 4 inch barrel. It's an Equation kit with just the back and a tip.
    The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage.

Originally posted by blnk162
    rock the 16 or go home
    Do you have a single button on your computer that enters in this phrase for you? We heard you the first, second, third (and so on) time. You have claimed before that a 16" barrel allows you to "kill more people". Could you explain why, or does "rock the 16 or go home" pretty much cover it?
    Your head asplode!

yueah

i coulda sworn the one time he says
    he gets more kills a 16" barrel
    LOL what a guy

anyway i voted 10's

but i love 8's and 12's too
    Canadian Bunker Boyz - CoCaptain
    Rainstorm Cocker FS/FT
    chris_brimson@hotmail.com

8-12 inch.

Originally posted by snwbrdr913
    12 inch... as Tom (a.k.a. god of paintball tech) says, when you have a barrell the length to the porting is the "effective length". The best size he says is 12 inches, and ten would be to little.

uh i think youve mistaken

most barrels that are 12 have less than 12" of non porting because most barrrels have porting.

and it doesnt make a difference really in the freak but i still have a 12

I use 12" for everything, it's what I'm comfortable with.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

blnk162 Guest
    Originally posted by davidb

Do you have a single button on your computer that enters in this phrase for you? We heard you the first, second, third (and so on) time. You have claimed before that a 16" barrel allows you to "kill more people". Could you explain why, or does "rock the 16 or go home" pretty much cover it?
    16 is ideal for sup air and hyperball, can stick the barrel through hyperball cracks to get kills you couldnt with a 10 or 12 inch and much easier to wrap around airball bunkers.

Also my teamate who rocks an 18 inch said if you have a 19 foot barrel, and your target is 20 feet away your going to hit it, yeah your going to say do you know how much air it would take to get a ball out of a barrel that long and so on, granted that isnt going to happen but you get the picture aiming wise...

Just try a 16 inch sometime before knocking it

no, 16 in barrels do not allow you to play as tight, and put more drag on the ball. all you need is a 10 inch, i prefer a 12 in for aiming purposes

16 is ideal for sup air and hyperball, can stick the barrel through hyperball cracks to get kills you couldnt with a 10 or 12 inch and much easier to wrap around airball bunkers. .

four inches won't help you that much. if you want to add four inches, take the drop forward off of your tank or hold your arm straight!!! that's my $0.02
    Red to Black Ironman Intimidator
    Demon UL Matrix Dust Red
    TEAM BACKDRAFT
    Broken Matrix or DM4? Send it to me, I'll fix it, just pay $10 + shipping + parts.

I like 10's but I always buy 12's. My friend has a 16", I barrowed it and dirt-dipped every time, he doesn't tho.
    paintdevil1 from PbNAtion:
    damn you mag guys support your products furiously

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped

roc da 16

well, i currently use a 12" but I want to get a 16 incher.

Originally posted by blnk162

16 is ideal for sup air and hyperball, can stick the barrel through hyperball cracks to get kills you couldnt with a 10 or 12 inch and much easier to wrap around airball bunkers.

Also my teamate who rocks an 18 inch said if you have a 19 foot barrel, and your target is 20 feet away your going to hit it, yeah your going to say do you know how much air it would take to get a ball out of a barrel that long and so on, granted that isnt going to happen but you get the picture aiming wise...

Just try a 16 inch sometime before knocking it
    Well I have to admit that I had misjudged you. I thought you were one of those that went for the "more range" hype and had thus been taking all of your posts with undeserved extra grains of salt. I am very impressed with the maturity level of your response and you just gained 10 points in my book.

As for the 16 inch barrel though, it's just not for me. I don't do much airball, and even if I did I would prefer a shorter barrel. I am currently rockin' a Lapco Autospirit on my gun, so I don't have to tell you how long it is. When I eventually get a Mag (holding off for glut of money in pockets and release of Extreme E-Mag) I will probably end up with a Freak kit with all the tips from 12" on down. But if you like the 16", you apparently have a good reason for it.

blnk162 Guest
    Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
    no, 16 in barrels do not allow you to play as tight, and put more drag on the ball. all you need is a 10 inch, i prefer a 12 in for aiming purposes

16 is ideal for sup air and hyperball, can stick the barrel through hyperball cracks to get kills you couldnt with a 10 or 12 inch and much easier to wrap around airball bunkers. .

four inches won't help you that much. if you want to add four inches, take the drop forward off of your tank or hold your arm straight!!! that's my $0.02
    Actually yes that 4 inches does help a lot, and i dont use a dropforward.....

some field in NoVA with a ton of pods ready to be dumped
    i use a small cradle but the only reason i have that is so that i can use the on/off asa. If i had a non screwin tank, i wouldn't use a drop at all. And ya roc da 16 baby

i like 8-10 for speedball and 12 for woods... too bad i only have a 8 and 10 but no 12 lol
    My PBR Feedback
    My AO Feedback
    My PBN Feedback
    NEED A Y/I-FRAME, XVALVE OR ANY NEW AGD PRODUCT FOR A VERY REASONABLE PRICE? CONTACT: RogueFactor on AIM!
    PURE PWNAGE!

14 inchs on a Supa'Air ball 5vs5, as I play in the back.
    14 or 16 inchs on 7vs7, depending on the needs (16 inchs is hard to move from one side to the other side of the bunker when you're the last man standing and needs to switch damn fast)

My front players play with 12 inchs barrels.

@++
    Intimidator Shocktech with Technatrigger.
    AGD Emag Extreme C&C Lvl10 ACE.
    "Pandora, that is the FIRST C&C Extreme to ever be sold." Manike

"Destruction and reckless abandon. And you all helped to create it!
    WAY TO GO!" The EVE Online Team

blnk162 Guest
    Originally posted by FeelTheRT
    i use a small cradle but the only reason i have that is so that i can use the on/off asa. If i had a non screwin tank, i wouldn't use a drop at all. And ya roc da 16 baby
    brutha knows whats up

As a back player I fully agree with everyone who talked about the 16" and being able to push it into sup air and into the grooves of Hyper ball. I was shooting 12" and saw other players really taking advantage to the longer barrels to work the bunkers. I got some good deals on 14" barrels but I really wish I had gotten the 16".
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

haha...I'm the one that started it and haven't posted mine. i'm a front player and I prefer 12. not to short, not to long....just right

I voted 12, my 12" J&J Ceramic is nice. Perfect for a front player. I want to try a 10" though, I've never had the chance to use one.
    Centerflag Hyperflow 201 For Sale!
    Good Traders: I <3 MAGS, Daroach, lovejtwo83, GlowinLCD, Kegaro, jodocast