Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin TX AO meet a success

Austin TX AO meet a success

Well the official count was 37 and 45 showed which was great (this included AO'ers and their friends or family). Sadly, capo and I didn't meet everyone personally but I did have a lot of fun with all the players. Pretty tired, but I wanted to start the thread so that AO'ers can post stories and/or pictures. I'll be sure to add more to this tomorrow.

AO'ers on the break

eh...here is one of my stories...

TXStorm and I were playing a quick 1 on 1, and i was in the dorito right by the snake, and on the other side of the snake was an identical dorito, well, Storm made a break for the snake, and i got him twice on the snake, called for a paintcheck, the refs didnt do anything, then he got me on the stomach, and i was out, after the game, the ref with the blue hair checked him, and one had broken, he wiped it off, and Storm told me that he said he did that to "avoid any conterversey" (sp)

other than that it was great! I think a lot better than the one at FOTR, the fields were great, all the refs were (except for one), had a lot of fun and im already looking forward to the next one.

also
    a big thanks to:
    Mr. Petty,Clare,Curtis, UT Laides Man (never got his full name)TXStorm, TXStorm's brother, and everyone else who made this day great!
    Last edited by ttoad4000t; 07-28-2002 at 02:05 PM.

My Feedback

Good Traders: B.C., RogueFactor, Tunaman, Hawpunch, TXStorm, Blade, T_Type, Mossman, johnny_g_1405, Load SM5, sicones, projectexodus, azheat99, gcube, JadedT, A 10Bando, beefstew, Jon/XPM, fenris69, Riot[Z-Grip], N_R_Z, AssassN, lgavin, and (surpisingly) AGDRules!

Yes, it was a great day of paintball. I wish I could play again today.

The exact words that the ref said were "There. Less controversy." I told him that that was not right then walked away and explained to Todd(ttoad4000t) that he had won.

I wish I could have stayed longer. It was lots of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures that everyone took

My only regret is that I didn't bring sunscreen. I am seriously burnt. Thank God for Aloe.

personman Guest
    Wes diddnt misbehave.. did he?
    Because if he did...

For me, the day started off pretty good, as the day went by I did the worse thing possible, I drank too many powerades...After a certain point, I felt like I couldnt do a thing, by the time the powerade wasnt a problem, I was too tired to be worth anything, lol. We must of played over 20 games in all easy. I still had a great time and really did get a lot of practice in. It was really nice meeting a whole bunch of our AO brethren, and even nicer seeing thier playing styles. Some ppl we already knew from the last meet and hopefully by time we have another one of these things in Houston, everyone will know each other's names.....

I feel kinda bad for teasing all the cocker owners all day with dumb remarks like "is it still working" but Daroach certainly did do a lot of talking on here so it was all good, they certainly had game and skills on the field. Goose will do anything to move up to another bunker( I have the video to prove it!) I saw a lot of great moving and bunkering(one on me) from a lot of ppl. One Wooden Spoon, CRiZo, thier buddy Jeff, TXstorm, his bro Chris, ttoad4000t, Marek, his buddy Ruben, Daroach, his G/f(who was nice enough to take some video for us), nicad, rjvemt1,
    Grey_Goose, his wife, langrage, UTLadiesMan, Hostage, and Daflip were the ones who came and introduced themselves, everyone else made thier points on the field(or at least tried too). Seriously, next time we wear name tags or something so everyone automatically knows whos who.

I'd also really like to Thank Vern1(Mr. Petty) for having us all out there, IMO this AO meet was WAYYYY better than the last one, I heard a lot of compliments for the field, prices, atmosphere, everything. Hopefully this wont be the last meet there....

here's one of Daflip getting a good angle on Grey Goose's wife.(Goose and her make a pretty darn good tag-team!)
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 07-28-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Well, I had a lot of fun, I want to THANK everyone that was able to come out to petty's. I hope that you all had fun. Like Havoc said, I didn't get to meet several people so I'm hoping that will change by the next TX ao meet. I'm also happy that the same people from the last TX meet came out to petty's as well (even though a couple of them had to leave earlier). We were out there for a pretty long time (about 9 am to 8:30 pm)..a lot of people left earlier on in the day but there were still quite a few people by the time we left to go eat dinner. I also want to thank Mr. Petty for having us, giving us a great price, and setting up the Sup Air field. All I can say is that I can't wait for the next one!

UTLadiesMan (it's not what it looks like):P
    Last edited by Clare; 07-28-2002 at 04:41 PM.

Marek

nicad

Txstorm and his brother (Chris)

Daroach (holding my Emag instead of his race cocker )

Ruben

One Wooden Spoon, Jeff, and CRiZo

rjvemt1

here's one of my favorite spot on the field
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 07-28-2002 at 05:48 PM.

at the end of the day right before leaving for dinner

from left- One Wooden Spoon, Jeff, CRiZo, a dad, UTLadiesMan, hostage, and DaFlip

Here's what's left after Spoons did one of the coolest bunkers I've seen in a while, he got one, then pulled up behind another guy without him even knowing or having a chance.
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 07-28-2002 at 05:46 PM.

nice teamwork.....(UTladiesman, Jeff, Capo, and Crizo)
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 07-28-2002 at 05:47 PM.

Amazingly enough, UTladiesman lived, because Capo snapshot with one round and hit me good...
    Last edited by Havoc_online; 07-28-2002 at 05:47 PM.

Capo playing tight in a 3v1 (she won)

a 2v1 and it all ending with this last snapshot (capo rocks )

awww yall didnt get any good pics of me

it was alot of fun, gotta do it again soon (and here)

well its about time! 10+ years playin this rediculous game and thats the first time my pictures been takin on the field! hey wes, i might have gottin one of you. i took a bunch of pics but im still living in the stoneages and have to get my pics developed and scanned but ill post the good ones later this week.

that was a lot of fun and im already lokkin forward to the next one in houston and the national meet in '03. langrage told me he had some good fields in mind for hosting. hopefully he can get a deal as good as the deal that havoc got for us at petty. he also said that we could all stay at his house on the friday night before.

did anyone else have a mental picture of other members that was just wayyyyyyyy of the actual person? for some reason i pictured grey goose as an old white guy and i figured one wooden spoon would look like the comic book store owner from the simpsons(sorry spoon).

ahhhh, much fun indeed, I wanted to keep playing but after i traded tanks with one of the guys who works at Petty's, I couldn't play anymore (tank needs a new Oring), that and my girlfriend got a SERIOUS burn and didn't want to be in the sun for much longer. Other than that I had a great time, and lots o FUN. So when is the next one going to be at? Houston??? I have two suggestions on that www.twistedtexas.com or www.tankspaintball.com . I would prefer tanks because it has more fields then twisted and its all speedball (lots of bunkering).

Just my two cents worth.
    -Chris
    Black CnC Xmag Serial #XT00210

I don't know about you, but as for me and my house, we will serve the 'mag

Click Here to AIM Daroach...

wes (sorry wes, that's the only one I had and not the best quality!)

I had a great time. Even though the pic don't show me I was there. I have a third nipple thanks to TX-storm for proof. Thanks to rjvemt1 for the watermelon. Will be sending a way for my LVL 10 soon to keep up. Hope to do it again soon.

personman Guest
    Haha wes is fat
    Did he behave?

WOW!! That is fantastic, looks like some great times!!! I wish I could have been there. See I told you it would be a success!!

Thats some amazing bunker work Capo!

Ooppss....I didn't see this one and i posted to the other one.

I didn't want to bore you with numorous pics, so if you want to download 7 pics in high res then go to this link
    www.rit.edu/~dji1133/pics/AOmeet.zip

(other thread)...
    Well I do have to say it was worth the 4.5 hour drive from Tyler Texas to Batetown. A friend and I came the furthest for this meeting. When I first arrived there I was orignal disopointed about how anti-social and rude some of the AO members acted. But later in the day a lot of them started to warm up with the weather, while the quite ones trickled off and left around high noon. There were all different players, though we pretty much all had one thing in common, we all pretty much carried mags (other than the natorious DaRoach :-p.) Well we had one 18 on 18 game which was pretty fun, as well as small 3 on 3 games towards the end of the day. It was really nice to get to know some of the guys, Havok, Clare, spoon, DaRoach, UTladiesman, slientbob and his following as well as many of the other guys who I forgot to mention as well. Well anyway I was able to take some picture before my camera pooped out, ill post them bellow.
    -Hostage

youch I got lit up!
    ---X-Mag'n spending the G's.---

My feedback

Great time!

First, I want to apoligize to Grey Goose's wife, I didnt mean to hit here that much. Spaztic fingers+RT Pro= 3 shot burst in turn becomes 6 shot burst. So I tried to make up by giving her some ice from my cooler for the bruises. I feel really bad

Also, I would like to say...WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?!!!! Half through the day, I come back, and their gone! I guess, they were hot, tired, and had a long drive ahead so I understand. I really didn't get to meet everybody(so many!) But at the end of the day I got to really talk to Spoon, Jeff, Crizo, UT Ladies Man, Havoc, and Capo. Sorry if I didn't talk as much as hostage, Im kinda shy and I was beat.

Havoc, suggestion. Put a sign in that bunker you love that says: Curtis's Home. You were awesome in that bunker! I see what you mean when you say you can get some angles in that bunker. Too bad you had that guy covering you 24/7. If he wasn't there we could of had that game. Great game by the way, 18v18 is so cool on that field.

I would like to thank again, Mr. Petty for the great field and great people. The fields were great, refs were good, everyone was great at the shop, especially the dog. Where's the pictures of that true star?

Looks aren't everything, OneWoodenSpoon, Jeff and Crizo were awesome! You don't have to have a awesome gun and jerseys to be good, these three are great. Good moves.

Capo, is just...Capo. She is a great player and she shot me in the nipple! AND WHAT DOES SHE SAY?!!!!! *in a innocent voice* "Im sorry" You got lucky that one game I tripped on the rope that was holding down the air bunker But I got my revenge by cursing her and she tripped on the same bunker Where is that vid? Did she destroy it yet?

We have to do this again sometime soon. It was great.

DaFlip