Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Medusa" trigger frame

Question "Medusa" trigger frame

If anyone has ANY news on the new Medusa trigger frame, post it here. any information would be appreciated. this is what I have so far:

Our new Benchmark Medusa "Sling" Trigger Frame is almost ready. We are finishing our Beta testing, and the results are even better than expected. Our head tech Earl has his trigger down to a 1mm SUPER light pull. The really good news is that this frame will fit both 'Cockers and Mags (you'll see...).
    (seen on the proteam webpage @ http://www.proteamdirect.com/updates.html)

Please note that we also have a new frame coming out - the Medusa - with is a sling or swing trigger, magnetically balanced and designed for both cockers and mags (same frame, different sears). You might want to hold off and get this when available (coupd of weeks).
    (an email from steve davidson)

I also read that and am wondering about it... pro team has made a lot of things that people don't know they did and turned out really well. I've always had bad luck with trying out new things, so I'm gonna wait for them to come out and get reviewed before anything, and until then buy myself an intelliframe... does anyone happen to have some 'inside info' or pics or anything?

hmm, i bet the magnets are just already pulling the trigger a little, acting like a small assist, making you have to just (theoretically) break the friction of the trigger and the magnets will do the rest. neat, but odd, and probably not as good as they say.

i could be wrong though.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

will they have any at the iao?

my boss at the paint shop i work at says he know something about it when i asked today. he said its very similar to the emag frame, using magnets instead of spings to return the trigger, or something like that. anyhoo he basically said its like an aftermarket adjustable emag frame for a classic mag, or that was my understanding of his explanation of it.

so in other words it'll cost too much and we should all be merry and spend the money on Frosty's from Wendys... mmm.. *drool*

frostys mmmmmmmm tru dat

i havent heard anything about prices, but cant imagine it costing too much. benchmark hasnt really been known for ripping off on prices, and it cant possibly cost too much to replace spings with magnets, can it? guess we'll wait and see.

It's not how much it cost to make it, it's how much someone will pay for it. Just ask DYE.
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

I second that one.
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

personman Guest
    Eh, Its electronic right?
    Probally out of my ballpark ($30 ) but im curious.

im pretty sure its mechanical, no electrics, just magnets.

personman Guest
    Thats a good idea!
    I would buy one.. actually I would wait for reviews and money.
    Im not familiar about how the magnet system works on emags though.. I really should learn..

I hope its angled a little bit like the z grip but not nearly as much.maybe just 15 degrees. but i bet it won't happen. i have a benchy right now and kinda want to get rid of it for a intelli frame but i don't wanna spend the money. if it has a fairly short pull and not much slop, i'll prolly get it. I wish they had a picture of it.

personman Guest
    Well, I bet its going to be 100-200 USD, maby more..

the phrase "magnetically balanced trigger" leads me to believe its something more than just a magnetic return. like i said, i bet the magnets are already pulling the trigger a little, making for a lighter trigger.

some answers

To answer a few questions, we are going to debut the frame at the World Cup in Orlando in October. That is not to say that some frames will be available before that. We have some people testing the frames and submitting there feedback. We hope to have all the feedback in by the first part of Sept. If it is all good then we will release the frame then, if not we will rework what needs to be corrected and go from there. Myself espeically, I want to make sure this frame is as close to perfect as it can be. I know we won't make everyone happy but we will make the vast majority happy. But on the specifics, right now there are NO electronics in the frame, and the magnets are simply for the return, afterall, sweetspots are illegal in tournament play . The frame is totally externally adjustable. On the mag you will be able to take forward play out, backward travel out and sear rod slop out. On a cocker, you will be able to fine tune the 3-way, adjust sear release,, and adjust backward travel, and adjust spring tension on the sear. Unfortunately we still have to have that nasty spring under the sear, but we are working on a way to eliminate that as well. Well enough for know, keep watching the web for the release and I will keep watching on here for any questions.

I emailed pro-team and asked them about the release date of the Medusa Frame. Basically I was wondering where the pictures are since it has been 2 months when they said it would be released soon (June 4th). This is the reply I got, some of this was already mentioned in the post above:

We got a couple of ideas from the testers that we are incorporating into the frame, we are currently reworking these items and with any luck, our testers will like them and we will get the frames released to the public. However it may be as far out as World Cup before we are ready to release them. I am sorry for the wait but we are trying to release the best frame to date (by anybody) so we don't want to rush it.
    Earl McCormick
    Lead Tech
    Pro-Team Products

I say take your time......

EDIT: I have a question for Pro-Team about the Mag Medusa Frame version, will the current sear used for stock Mags be also used with this frame, or will there be a new sear?
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

personman Guest
    Sounds nice, Im assuming your from benchmark?
    Take your time, see if you can make it high quality, no offence but the current benchmark frame for automags isnt very good. Lots of slop as I hear.

InvisibleBill Guest
    Sounds cool. But the slop that personman mentioned would keep me away for a bit, untill I could play with one. And why would you want frostys? Ben and Jerries Ice cream is better, and hot chicas work at the local Ben and Jerris (another great reason...girls!). Oh, is the medusa doudle? I am assuming it is. IB.

Currently how man millimeters is the pull and how many pounds? (For both the cocker and mag versions.)

pics

the people demand pictures!!!

they said the head tech got his down to 1mm (awsome!)

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

I wish that Pro Team/Benchmark would get some pitures out. I would like something from Benchmark like a list of features etc.

**edit** sorry didn't relize that the post above was from pro-team/benchmark rep.**
    Last edited by angelKiller16; 09-07-2002 at 12:47 PM.
    Minimag body, valve: CF05240, gas-thru grip, all-american, lvl 10, tourney velocity adj., flatline 68/3000 nitro FL01255
    SOON: intelliframe/medusa

custom spyder, with every part replaced but they valve and body.

some new info

this info is for the cocker version, but uhh....still interesting.

not sure how light the trigger pull is but it's a "whole lot lighter" than 3-pounds (the guy said a 3 pound minumum scale was all he had acess to)

3 way has some effect on the trigger pull but apparently it's about the same even with different 3 ways. of course length of pull is dependant on 3 way, though

msrp is gonna be about 130 (not sure if it's gonna be the same for the cocker and mag versions), so it'll be competitively priced with the intelliframe

need more info!

I am really interested in this frame. I need to know a few things though. First, when you say you can get the trigger pull down to 1mm did that involve sear modifications(i.e. sanding, shaving, etc)? second, how much is that actuall pull in pounds on the mag version? got any hard numbers? third, how much, when, and where?!!

The trigger pull is less than 3 pounds for the cocker, about the same for the mag I assume.

I think 1mm is on the cocker, mags just can't have mechanical triggers that short, but I assume it's VERY short for the mag too. (Since I've never seen a cocker hinge below 1cm, I think mags and triggers have similar triggers but who knows....)

Smile

UP!

pics would make this thread peachy

yia I gotta say without some picks to back it up, this frame kinda seems like a myth! Will the project ever get off the ground?