Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Medusa" trigger frame

To answer a few questions, we are going to debut the frame at the World Cup in Orlando in October.
    It's not a myth, its just not released yet.
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

oh I know, but it at least seems like it is! it was scheduled to be released by now!

god i want to see this so bad...it sounds pretty cool. if it is all it is lived up to be i will have to sell my intelliframe and get a medusa . I want some pics!!
    -sebastian

KamikazePenguin Guest
    allowing a mag user to adjust a front stop/back stop/sear movement seems like a very precarious move for PTP. As far as I can tell, it would be tantamount to telling everyone to put trigger stops in front of and behind their triggers and telling them to adjust their trigger rod to make their trigger pull as short as possible.

How I understand it, I think this may result in a lot of burned out sears from a user that saw the 1mm figure on a message board and said "I WANTS OT AMKE MY TRIGGAR THAT SHORT! 1MM LIEK MY BRTOHAS COCKAR!! TRIOGGAR JOB YAYS!"

Kamikaze you are right. Remember this everyone: if AGD's Intelliframe is yay-short in pull, then that's the shortest it will get. No one knows Mags better than AGD themsselves, therefore, they should know whats good and not good for your gun. Using a conventional method (unique and easy, yet bad for the gun) I made a 1mm trigger out of my stock frame, using the safety as a trigger stop. I figured however that it would eventually chip the bolt, as very little metal is holding the bolt in this setup.

HOWEVER, by use of magnets, this frame could (and more than likely is) a totally different situation. What I mean is this: take neodymium magnets (some of the more powerful magnets even at a small size, believe me they are STRONG) and put the poles together, North and North or S and S. Now when you let go of one, the other will go flying across the table (yes). Now, with powerful magnets such as these, or even more powerful magnets, a 1mm pull could actually push a magnet (and thus the sear) the length of 5mm or maybe more, including the resistance from the bolt. This would also yield a tremendously light trigger pull because the magnet is now doing all the work by pushing the sear for you. The only thing that will be a temporary problem will be getting used to an Angel-like trigger. From the way I see it, there should be no premature wear on any part. This is all of course, assuming the frame is machined to exactly how it is supposed to be. Just manufacturing this product will make it expensive.

So think about this, and remember we are developing new ideas all the time. Just because we think that we cannot make a trigger pull shorter, doesnt mean that we are right...
    Last edited by drx975; 09-16-2002 at 05:03 PM.

In other words: This frame is gonna double to posts in tech forum

I think this frame should work well.

The trigger stops in back are a good thing. It allows you to adjust for over travel of the trigger. You really don't have to pull the trigger past the point where it releases the sear. Any additional travel is time and energy wasted.

The trigger stop in front is good if it is done correctly. It allows you to adjust the angle that the trigger sits at rest. This would have to be done in conjunction with the trigger rod and the rear trigger stop.

The total trigger pull length can't change unless the trigger rod is relocated further down the trigger. Maybe they've done this too. That would be neat and feasible if the magnets could offset the additional pull required to move the sear.

I can hardly wait to see this new frame and the possibilities it gives us.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    It could also be that the rear-front trigger stops are only for the 'cocker versions. PTP DOES make the micro series of mags, so they probably know, to some extent, what they're doing.

I'd 'still like to see what this thing's got goin' for it tho.

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Just a little more info

Just a little more info, I know this isn't a cocker forum but with all the talk on the Medusa I figured I would add this little comment. There are 0 springs in the frame now. Yes 0, the sear spring for the cocker is now replaced with magnets and it works very well. Still playing with the mag part but I hope everyone will be happy when it comes out. Just don't expect too much. The Medusa is a very sweet frame but it is still a mechanical frame so you still have to pull the trigger. I do agree with drx975, there is a minimum amount of travel that the mag sear has to make in order for the gun to work so just keep this in mind. Also, I am begging to post some pictures, I even have them ready, I just have to get the OK to place them on the web, but when I do, they will be on here first. I will even try to post them on here before we place them on the PTP website. SO keep the posts coming and if you haave any ddirect question you can post on here or you can e-mail me directly.

pics pics pics!!!

KamikazePenguin Guest
    color me skeptical.

o....

Just read this thread and i am pumped. Should be very intresting. I really want to see those pics i hope you can get the OK to post them.

any updates?

???

closer and closer and no 1 has ANY updates?

Well, This thread just made my Day, I dont have a mag yet, but Im looking at either the TKO mag or just a powerfeed mag, If anyone knows whether or not the TKO coems with the video and stuff? If it does Im going for the TKO, if not, Im going to get just a stock one and thenbuy stuff, so If anyone knows whether or not the TKO coems with the video, that will help greatly! But, I tlooks like I dont want the Intelliframe anymore, but this thing looks great! I emailed Benchy just awhile ago, hopefully Ill gte some more answers for this forum.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Yesterday was my bday, so Im still waiting for the money that I usually get from relatives, Cause Im just under 200 dollars right now, This may not be the best place to post this, but I was thinking of getting my mag in this order:
    Mag
    Nitro
    Barrel
    <Foregrip right here, unless I get the TKO>
    Medusa
    Level 10
    Retro
    ???
    ???
    __________________________________________________ __________

Mods:
    Ill delete this message and the part outlined with '_' if you ask me to, since it may be unnecesarry for this post, please tell me if you think I should delete this part, And I certainly will.
    Anyhelp,

i bought a tko mag and it does come with the video and owners manual and all of that good stuff.

Ok, tHe Im going with the TKO, once I get a bit more money

yes the TKO comes with everything
    Superbolt

TKO mag

i built my mag from the ground up cuz im doin everything aftermarket too. all u need is a rail and a body if you're upgrading everything else, so thats how i'd go with that. then u can buy a sick milled rail and a black body. i got a black body, very pretty. dont bother buying a ready to rock gun sez me.

medusa

i just realised this is a "medusa" thread. maybe we should try to keep things on that topic and save other topics for other threads (i know im guilty for responding to that last one, i was just trying to help as was everyone else). just for the future im saying.

I WANT SOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's oct 1st and i can't even get a pic how much closer to the date of elease do we have to get?
    Minimag body, valve: CF05240, gas-thru grip, all-american, lvl 10, tourney velocity adj., flatline 68/3000 nitro FL01255
    SOON: intelliframe/medusa

custom spyder, with every part replaced but they valve and body.

hello ptp where are the pics

some pics wouild be nice or maybe a video of it in action. you can even do a thumbs up after you dump a hopper just like Mr. kaye

I talked to the lovely sales lady at Pro Team, and all I really found out was that they are going to have them all the cup, they are probably taking all they have completed with them for sale there, and the following week or so will start to sell um much like the Extreams & Level 10's As fast as they can make um... So get in line... I know I will be. Sounds like a nifty toy... and yes the price will be slighty higher than that of an I Frame....but sounds like it will be worth a try... I think I am going to be building a new and a 3rd Micro-RT to see what I can get this lady to do... And know I'll be sure to let AO know what I come up with...

But I forgot to ask if it will come in a blade trigger, so if the folks at pro team in the know see this??? and I pray it does... I know the standard double benchies don't, so I may be taking a dremel to a groove... it wouldn't be the first time...But would hate too...

Vanced

please please please for the love of our sanity give us pictures of it

whats with

whats with the hello kitty fan club thing

its a Caporea fan club pin. she's the air gun spokes woman and quite the paintball warrior chick im told.. not to mention the fact that shes hot!

hot paintball chics rock

do you have any pics of her. screw the medusa we want pics of the hot paintball chic

up!

Personally lets stay on the topic, the Medusa. There are other forms/threads for everything off topic that was posted here. Its mostly just that everytime somone posts, my hopes get up, then drop and I become viotlent Now of course lets get some updates!

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

KamikazePenguin Guest
    Originally posted by speedyejl
    Personally lets stay on the topic, the Medusa. There are other forms/threads for everything off topic that was posted here. Its mostly just that everytime somone posts, my hopes get up, then drop and I become viotlent Now of course lets get some updates!
    do you have any idea how whiny you sound? oh, sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.