Thread: "My carrier won't fit in or come out"

"My carrier won't fit in or come out"

Just a little info for for anyone with problems, yes it will fit, it was made to fit.

The carrier has a little black o'ring around it, oil it a bit(not the o'ring in the carrier only the black one around it). Make sure all the guts from your powertube are out when you begin installing. When you get to the point of throwing in the carrier(after the backing washer and fitting an o'ring in the carrier) use the blunt side of a pen to push the carrier down. At this point don't install the shims, instead hand tighten the new powertube tip to make sure to carrier is in all the way as to not bend your shims when tightening it. Take off the tip, throw in the shims and put the tip back on.

If your having trouble taking the carrier out of the powertube then use your fieldstrip screw(insert through the carrier, you may have to turn the screw a bit to catch, then pull), no it will not damage your o'ring, just don't be careless when doing this.

This is a good trick..I used it myself when I first got the beta. After a minute of going "Uh oh...It's stuck" I stuck the screw in and it works like a charm.

The field strip screw is the tool Tom suggested at the Tech class.

Originally posted by Havoc_online
    The field strip screw is the tool Tom suggested at the Tech class.
    Darn, I'd just found a use for my old p-nubbins too!
    minimag #1321

Xmag #267

I just keep a thick paperclip in my toolbox. Bend the edge on a table to make a grabber tip.

Super Moderator at Pbreview.com

lmao i use the old wire nubbin as a hook to rip out the carrier...i didn't see much use for it as a paper weight seeing as both weighed about the same