Thread: LX question/problem and praise

LX question/problem and praise

Well, tonight I went to practice with Team Deadcell, and I was very pleased with my new retro lvl. 10 setup. I could really send out paint and the lvl. 10 worked every time. However, I noticed a few things that bugged me.

1) The superbolt II would NOT fit in my Lapco Autospirit, it released air as if it were stopping a chop. The bore ID is .686, any one else have this problem?

2)This is a huge one. In one of my OLD mags, neither of my level 10 kits' superbolts would fit in the powertube. There is slightly less than a quarter of an inch showing between the bumper and the end of the bolt. I tried two different bolts. The particular mag it would not work in was an early level 7, for reference it used a spring rather than a spacer in the powertube before level ten. The new bolt would not fit in the powertube, it wouldn't work.

3) Finally, I noticed that if I didn't pull the trigger for a while the bolt would stick, and I would have to hold down the trigger to get it to recock. I'm wondering if I should lube the on/off, considering it is a brand spankin new retro, but after running oil through the gun it would shoot fine except for occasional bolt stick. My setup is 2 shims, and the 1.5 carrier with the medium (cut) spring. Adam (JEDI) told me to add more shims or try a slightly larger carrier, but I haven't done the shims yet and no other carriers (larger) would work. Any suggestions?

thanks guys
    Last edited by SyntaxError; 08-13-2002 at 07:40 PM.
    OSK

Powered by:
    Severe Paintball
    Hypersport Works
    PMI/EVIL Paintball
    Redz Comfort Gear
    KAPP Performance Products
    J&J Paintball

up she goes............!

if crap doent fit in diff places.. then use a file and file a lil out... try oil, 1 on no shims on a #2cair.

no, see the problem is the powertube itself is too small, its very odd. Any ideas AGD? Its an OLD mag, I can give you guys the serial # if that would help. Please help me out.

thanks

I remeber some differnces in the early Power tubes did exist. That may be a fairly rare bird you go there. Give Tech a call.

As to the Bolt size...yes this has been reported with very small diameter barrels. It seems the outside Diameter of the super bolt in the rear area of the bolt is like .685 and some of these smaller barrels are about that size out at the ends of them. Meaning the bolt would stick in them when the bolt had moved forward almost up to the hilt. I think they can be polished out (the barrels or the back of the bolt) a few thousanths to elimintate this. That part of the barrel is not where the ball is sitting anyway and the area the ball goes through is forward of this area that the bolt penitrates into. Also remember Tom telling you about older bodies developing a burr on them that would catch the edge of the bolt too? And him telling you to polish that part out? You need to look and see if you have that issue as well.

AGD, where we are so good we can do it with only ONE tube!

cphilip.com

The new Superbolt II is .685-7" at the tip near the foamie. You can see the groove and then the tip slightly expands. This is to help it seal better down your typical .688 bore barrel. If you need to use your smallbore barrel, then sand down the tip until it's about .684" or so and it will work fine. I told Tom he needs to make it smaller, but I think it's going to stay the size it is right now and people can sand it down if need be.

Good stuff Black! I didn't realise that big up front. Listen to him guys...he carries a set o calipers in his pocket protector all the time!

Thanks guys, well I'm sure its not the burr in the body, and I think that Cphilip is right about me having a rare mag in which there are differences in powertube size. I'm going to take it to atlantic city tourney this weekend to see if the AGD techs can do anything bout it.