Thread: !Can someone tell me the software used to determine BPS?

!Can someone tell me the software used to determine BPS?

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get my hands on the software used to do sound analysis on .wav files to determine shots per second?

It would be a great help. Thanks,

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Wc Keep Guest
    dude just get a pact chrono its bit pricy but their really cool and very accurate.

Creative WaveStudio, which comes with a Soundblaster could do the job.
    You basically just need a program to record the sound, and another one to display the wave on the screen, and display the time between the shots.

I bet you could also find what you need on www.download.com

@++
    Intimidator Shocktech with Technatrigger.
    AGD Emag Extreme C&C Lvl10 ACE.
    "Pandora, that is the FIRST C&C Extreme to ever be sold." Manike

"Destruction and reckless abandon. And you all helped to create it!
    WAY TO GO!" The EVE Online Team

i can think of two inexpensive ways to do it:
    1. tap your leg with your trigger finger(s) and figure out how many taps you get in one second.

....OR....
    2. shoot your gun as fast as you can in the presense of a friend who is holding a stopwatch. count how many shots there were in one second.

LOL

easier way.

just about every computer comes with a "sound recorder" under "entertainment". Record 10 shots (dry firing) shooting as fast as you can. Then, using the little wav spectogram (no clue lol) thing, find out how many seconds in you were when you started the 10 shots, and where you ended. Subtract, and divide for your BPS.

Download a version of CoolEdit...it will do the trick.

Thanks...

I ensed up downloading the personal verson of Sound Forge. It works OK - but I've got tplay with it a little more to get it down.

-Calvin

I have SoundForge XP and so I just open up a recording of the sound as a .wav file and look at the peaks where the shots are. Its best to get a recording in a location where its not going to echo, because that makes makes for a "dirtier" recording and its harder to tell which peaks actually correspond to firing and not the echo. I would also suggest taking at least a couple seconds worth of data -- that way you can look to see what the sustained firing rate is, rather than the best time of just a few shots.

For those looking for software, any free-download .wav editor should work. Syntrillium's CoolEdit is a really good piece of software and you can download a demo version of it from cooledit.com -- although it may have a time-limit on how long it works for.

if it has a visual display, you can tell where the shots are by the line things(the heart monitor looking things)... or.. you can select a segment from the wav, or the whole wav or whatever.. and slow it down to a point where you can count the individual shots..

The program I have used is calleg "Goldwave"
    [insert yet to be made Stewie from Familyguy sig pic.. use him and I will be sad]

Feedback thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=0d76afaf5a78b6f79cf2977376a4c191&threadid=177222

Good Traders/sellers/buyers: ß.C., Dansim, yllwsmrf, Cris8762, Mossman,

From PBnation: Philthismax, Eniac101, Devilstar2k2