Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your going to SHATNERBALL Read This>>>>

If your going to SHATNERBALL Read This>>>>

Fellow Borg,

I just found out that people who rent a mask and marker for 30.00 will get a FREE JT Mask (dont know which one) AND at FREE JT Excellerator 3.1 marker. You get to take them home to keep for just the rental price.

I would sugest that you all sign up for rentals and sell them later to cover the trip cost.

Just keep'n my teamates informed,

AGD

Xen Guest
    good idea tom, I think I may just do that. Do we just tell them we want it at the sign in? Or do we have to do something else?

personman Guest
    If someone will snatch one of these deals, Ill pay 50 shipped. My friend has a birthday in september and he has been wanting a gun for a while.. me and my other friend can split up the cost and get him this gun and mask.
    Also tom do you know if it comes with a tank and hopper too? If not thats fine by me.
    Email me at littlemagkid@msn.com
    Or just PM me!
    Last edited by personman; 08-18-2002 at 07:25 PM.

What do we do if we already stated we're using our own equipment???

It's gun only. I think you can email spplat.com and tell them you decided to rent.

AGD

yes can someone rent me one too ive been looking for a gun to give my older brother ill pay 40 also

wow, how can they do that... i mean thats insane. i wish i was going...it would be awsome if i lived in town, go in and rent each day...
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

sadly I don't know if I'll be able to get there 'till sat, will they have enuff equipment for this?
    My Trader Feedback
    It was the only tournament I've been to where they have more cases of beer than paint. - gimp

PS here is the 3.5 gun, what's teh 3.1? An older model or something? What's it look like?

So basically it's a spyder clone/

It looks just like the 3.5 except no front grip.

AGD

Hmm..interesting...I knew you got the keep the mask, but I didn't know you got to keep the gun...

Sounds GREAT! But… I would not think that they would run this deal unless they expected those RENTING to actually USE the Markers and Masks.

It would seem odd that a load of folks “rent” but then play with other equipment. Heck if that was okay, why not rent 5 or 6 sets!

I am not going, but it would be nice to know (for those that are) if you are required to USE the equipment you rent. If so, it may sound like a great deal, but you would be playing the biggest scenario game with less than ideal markers compared to what you already OWN.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Sam, Have you ever been to a big game? How would they know if you rented and are not using the guns? There are 3000+ people, they are not going to look at each person and say, hey, your rented but are not using the gear.

Just a question.... do as you want. I like to follow rules as often as possible (not saying I do all the time, but I try) it says a lot about a person's character.

anyone with paypal wanna rent me a gun while your there and ill hook you up with 40 right now pm me

I think's it's nice that Tom gave out this information but my own opinion is it's kind of sleazy to rent a newbie's gun for the sole purpose of selling it. I don't think that's what JJ and the promoter's had in mind when they came up with this deal. With 3000 people attending this event I'm sure there are lots of people who have never played before and don't own equipment. To me it looks like the idea behind the giveaway is to keep them interested in the game after they've played this event.

Do what you will but I don't plan on taking advantage of this. I' rather see someone who doesn't own a gun already, get one and keep active in the game. The $100 bucks or so I might make selling it I can earn other less devious ways.

Bravo.. well said.

good job on that

well me being poor enough as it is and my brother going to college a nice gun would be a good going away present as opposed to a talon and mask. i mean i wanted to goto the event but we cant exactly afford to go all the way to illinois and then play for 2 days. o well :o

As it turns out they have a huge stock of these old style guns and they want to get rid of them without discounting them into the market. Therefore they don't care if you use them or not. They are probably hoping for some residual exposure in the filming.

AGD

well I need a new mask as my old one has some stress cracks along the edge (that and it's rather beat up after like 5 years)...so If I rent the mask I get the gun too? Either way I think it'd make a great gun. Looks like a spyder clone, and I had an old SE so this'll be a good backup.

Oh my god, get off the high horses guys! No one carries these guns anymore - JT is trying to get rid of them!

I'm not arguing with your morality, but in this case I don't think anyone is being taking advantage of. JT is getting rid of old stock it wouldn't be able to move otherwise and a lot of people who are paying through the nose for this game are getting a cheap paintball gun. Where is the harm???

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

I wanted to find and post a picture of the 3.1 and didn't find much... but I did find this....

This was off of Wal*Mart’s site. Anyone else find this funny?
    ----------

Designed by the JT team for the beginner and tournament player, this semi-automatic marker gives you the tools you need and the quality you want, all at a Wal-Mart value!
    ---------

Originally posted by MagDog68
    Oh my god, get off the high horses guys! No one carries these guns anymore - JT is trying to get rid of them!

I'm not arguing with your morality, but in this case I don't think anyone is being taking advantage of. JT is getting rid of old stock it wouldn't be able to move otherwise and a lot of people who are paying through the nose for this game are getting a cheap paintball gun. Where is the harm???

~Fred
    MagDog68-
    I understand your point.. but I was just asking for conformation.. Tom provided that. Read time and dates of posts, and in the order they were written.. time passes and verified information changes, and positions also change to reflect that. End of story.

I will however say that whenever you say things like (and you have a habit of doing so) “Get off the high horses guys!”, it is very insulting. It in fact puts you yourself on that high horse you tell others to climb off of. How is the ride?

I am not going to start another epic "Shartley Battle" - but honestly my reply was more directed towards the use of the words "devious" and "sleazy" in 2000Sabre's post. I am considering renting the equipment, but I don't intend to sell it. I'll probably give it to my next door neighbor's 12 year old sone who loves to play, but doesnt have a gun.

I just felt that some people were passing judgement on the players who were going to rent the equipment with no real intnetion of using it.

~Fred

PS Shartley, now I know why you like the ride up here so much

does somebody want to rent me some equipment then and ill give them 45 and they can use the change to donate to the ahead with horses charity(im not sure thats the right name but i think it is)

If JT want's to get rid of the markers & masks... I'd be more than willing to help out.

MagDog68,

I wasn't passing judgement on anyone. In my opinion the way this post was orginiated it had the tone of being very underhanded. Tom's "I would sugest that you all sign up for rentals and sell them later to cover the trip cost." certainly doesn't sound very honest in my opinion.

Granted JT is looking to get rid of equipment and at the same time get some exposure and a nice charitable write off. However, I still don't think renting just to turn around and sell is the right thing to do. I applaude what you plan on doing and I support that. What I don't like is other people asking someone to rent some equipment for me and I'll pay you for it so I can re-sell it. To me that's just dishonest. That's my opinion. People can do what they think is right for them and in the end you only have to be happy with yourself.

See you at Shatnerball.

ya if you want some one to rent equipment so you can buy it cheap and give it to some one thats cool but not if you are gunna sell it.

Originally posted by 2000Sabre
    What I don't like is other people asking someone to rent some equipment for me and I'll pay you for it so I can re-sell it.
    I agree with you in regaurds to the people looking for proxy's to buy them equipment. That is a little silly.

~Fred