Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If your going to SHATNERBALL Read This>>>>

I myself will probably use my personal marker to play, but I am also renting the equipment. I know I could use a new mask as mine is starting to fall apart..LOL! As for the marker, I'm going to keep it just in case I play with someone new who needs a marker to play with. Besides, you can never have too many right?
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

I figure the JT would make a good backup if nothing else... for $30 I'll give it to my daughter. She's starting to show an interest in playing...

Also, if it's marker only, how are they handling the logistics of collecting up the tanks and hoppers? Seems like giving the sets away (or permanent renting) takes a whole lot of headaches away if you're dealing with 3000 people.

J_
    Last edited by jeffremiller; 08-19-2002 at 02:09 PM.

So far, there are Very Few people renting gear, so it shouldn't be bad at all...

personman Guest
    HAHA!!!
    I was right!
    In the chatroom with Sam and some other dudes yesterday I said "Well, what if JT doesnt make the gun anymore, and wants to get rid of their stock?" I remember it..
    yay that makes me specail..

well someone wanna rent it for me so i can give it to my brother as a going to college present? maybe even tom?

If i was going i would definetly take advantage of this kind of deal. If JT wants to get rid of old stock more power to them. Theres gotta be atleast person out there that will benifit from the gun for it being their first. I say go for it.
    Click For a Free IPOD!!! IT Really Works!!!
    Graphite Fly A4
    14" Freak/Black Uni-Mount
    68cu/4500psi Crossfire
    Egg2 with Z Board
    Email: Hexatile@hotmail.com

Hey guys...

Relax.

Know why they're giving it away?

1) Saves a huge depreciation writeoff.
    2) Saves paying people to make sure they all get collected.
    3) Saves paying people to clean the stuff when you're done.
    4) Saves having 2,000 sets of used rental equipment after the event to get rid of.
    5) Saves the costs of keeping all the guns as inventory.
    6) All those folks who have never played before will leave the field with (hopefully) a good experience *AND* some entry level paintball equipment - so they'll be more likely to come back and play paintball again. Hopefully at challenge park, considering that's the only field most of those people will know anything about.

And some other reasons I'm sure. Regardless, in the end, they have these guns, and it just makes more sense to give as many of them away as possible, and it makes more sense to give them away without making rules because trying to enforce the rules would be to much effort.

Consider it JT subsidizing your entry fee.

As for tanks and hoppers, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave away regular VLs, and for tanks, they're obviously making people use disposable 12 grams.

Just kidding about the 12 grams.

- Chris
    National Collegiate Paintball Association, Inc., President
    www.college-paintball.com - "A Club for Every Campus"
    www.high-school-paintball.com - "We Create Newbies"

American Paintball Players Association, Director
    www.paintball-players.org

lol 12 grams. i wouldnt need hoppers and tanks because ill just give my brother one of my nitro tanks(god who needs 2 47/3000 tanks:o) anyway anyone want to pick me up a mask and gun please?

The Borg Tanker needs some rockets

Hi to all
    The Borg tank is looking for Some rockets. They are called the nerf howlers.The are small footballs with a tail fin on them. Some come with whistles in the too. When they fly through the air the make a whistle sound just like an artillery shell falling. They fit just inside a 2 inch barrel. I converted all my armore division to shoot these. I have some but the more the better. Consider it a donation to the tank. Who ever brings one can climb inside and take a shot with it to see what it is like. Look in Rummage sales and farm and fleet stores kmarts what ever. I will be very gratefull to get a couple more. They are out of production but some stores till have them on the shelves. Thank you
    jim B
    Borg Tanker
    and cannon cocker
    Ps . I am still looking for a crew of 3 to run the cannon for 2 hours and then the next crew can use it. This way the same person is not on it all day. Email me If you would like to do this. You will be scoring on any tank that comes to our base. Or you might go out on a mission and use it against another base. If I park my tank a while I will be running it. Its fun.

*attention attention* rental gun update

I'll Let JJ talk with tom on any offical anouncements but I thought i'd warn you all.

It is possible that they won't be giving away the rentals after all. Don't get your hopes up.

I talked with JJ about this today and it is offically still undecided one way or the other.

*that is all*

well if they do it please get one for me