Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proto Slug Body PICS!!!!

New Proto Slug Body PICS!!!!

Here it is!! You can cut it, carve it, shake and bake it. It's big, it's ugly and it's just what you have been waiting for! The caterpillar thats waiting to emerge into a beautiful butterfly. The Sluggo Body!! The biggest chunk of ugly aluminum ever to be photographed on a pb marker. Come one come all and figure out how to cut this baby up and get rid of the uglies!

AGD

Last edited by AGD; 10-31-2002 at 05:46 PM.

personman Guest

Can you say: 'EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW'?

I could say something, if any of the pictures worked.

EDIT: They work now, and I like it. The feed tube even has cute little hearts on it. I would imagine it's cocker threads, because it looks like it has the infamous extreme barrel on there.

What is the hole on the side of the body under the feed tube? Blowback? ACE? Hole for newbies to stick stuff in? Elf air hole?
    Last edited by pito189; 10-31-2002 at 05:53 PM.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    hey there it is!

thats pretty cool

its everything every one wants... Will there be a factory cnc also??? also angel feed tube threading, cocker threading... guys tom is listening!!!

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

Foshizzle! So long as there's a factory C&C, I'll be quite happy

*EDIT* Pito, it's for the elves to get in & out of the marker! DUH!!!
    Last edited by spazzed; 10-31-2002 at 05:54 PM.

good way to get it to the people obsessed with milling and anno's. good job tom.
    "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

first suggestion, dont do any thing to flowing, that is waht the extreme is for, if people want that look, they can buy that body.......

2nd suggestion.... can you make the sleve envelop the valve? i think that looks really good on the sfl and the extreme

3rd suggestion when desinging mill patterns, try to do something with the boddy rail also

wow, that looks completely.......... plain. vertical feed= ewww cocker threading= noooooooo

espo, didnt we discuss this already? this is what the industry wants, if you dont, stick with your current mag body, tom is coping to the industry, and waht others want, there are others out side of AO that shoot mags

I like it! I'm almost positive I'll get a Mag now. Chances are I'd get this body, then just thin it down and have it anodized in a pretty acid wash, yeah!

Any idea on pricing (I'm assuming cheap, since it's a small, unmilled, and unanoed aluminum tube)?
    Converge Kills

Hmmm..

Not "sluggish' enough. Why produce a slug body that requires the body rail?

Just produce a big square block of aluminum that has the holes for barrel, valve, grip frame, sear. I suppose just a blockish Extreme.

Besides that, the centerline for the feed and ball detent should be marked.

With what is shown there it looks like you'd end up with a custom marker that's heavier than an extreme no matter how you carve it.

Just in case my intro wasn't clear, this body is meant to be cut up by the end user or by aftermarket customizers. We will make them custom too, we just need some feedback from you on how to do it. Please photoshop the images and post your results.

AGD

they said the tube is cheeper because of the lathe there using, it is much easier than machining a block, also, it is cheeper, so better off for the end user

looks great tom!

just wondering, could you make a cheap (non-slug) version of this similar to a normal mag body in thickness? I know you're giving people what they want with a millable block, but would it also be possible to go completely bare-bones as a stock option?

just a word from a tube lover, don't mind me

Originally posted by SlartyBartFast
    Hmmm..

Not "sluggish' enough. Why produce a slug body that requires the body rail?
    Because this one will retrofit into all the old guns. You can just upgrade your body. Also there are different sear positions with the different rails so one body would not fit them all.

AGD

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Yes... a very good step in the right direction! No longer will they be able to call the mag a "Tube" That body opens several paths for AGD to take, they can custom anno, C&C, maybe even pass it as a Nova (JK bout the nova TOM I know it's a proto ) But yes.. I think it should cover the valve as well, Have you thought about maybe putting a steel sleev in it to cover the working parts, then you can mill it kinda like the Angel's and cockers! That would be tight! Eeeeewww... I'm all gitty now.. even the Automags and not just the Emag's will get a face lift! GOOD JOB!

*EDIT*- Can't wait to get home and photoshop that bad boy! WOOHOO!!

If this is destined for aftermarket, why not just liscence to anybody that want's to produce their own bodies.

With the half dozen critical measurements required, it should be possible for som truely innovative mag designs.

Word -I hope you put this out before the milled versions, I bet you'll see just how creative people can be.

Looks good to me Tommy, wish i had the Photoshop skills to make a Sammo-Custom milling on it
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

im a fan of it. i thats is a step in the right direction here. sell them maybe with a little more milling than that and allow the user to customize his product...good call

Oh ya, 2 things. Is that hole in the body for the detent? and is there anyway of making a raised area around the feed tube without raising prices much. it could be milled off by the enduser, but it'd be much easier to make a flowing design that incorporates the feed neck with a little beef around it

How much, and are they available right now.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Originally posted by AGD
    Because this one will retrofit into all the old guns. You can just upgrade your body. Also there are different sear positions with the different rails so one body would not fit them all.

AGD
    Alright, I see your point. Could you not produce a body that has the different sear pin possitions marked to make the slug generic?

Or, produce an block exteme body for each variant.

Or, could spacers be produced for between the grip frame and body to accomodate differences?

Sorry if this all sounds stupid, but I really don't know what the various differences between mags are.

Functionally they're all obviously identical, it's just a matter of geometry of the sear and gripframe right?

i get it, this is supposed to be milled and anodized and all that other good stuff by the buyer!! well, ill just keep my nose out of stuff that is going to be way way to expensive for me to even look at.

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Espo... eat your title (just kidding with ya) But ya you got the idea... they're not gonna sell new guns looking like that... this is for future mags, and upgrades to previous mags. Many people say mags are non-customizeable... we'll see about that!

Way to go.... if I have some time I will see what I can come up with.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

For the love of god bring back the twist lock! It's so much easier to clean the barrel. I don't however, like the fact that there has to be nubbins ON the barrel. I like the idea of a cocker detent in the body itself, that way if you wanted to twist out the barrel paint doesn't come rolling out of the body if you tip the mag towards the ground. Probably too expensive to change mag barrels but I just wanted to point that out, it'd make my world complete.

yes, twist lock power!! i say put a built in ball detent though, them nubbins are gettin anoying...(holy cow, we typed the same thing)

consider title eaten and digested, its probably in the sewage plant by now...Better frausty>?

wEeee eEeEEE

took 20 min... nothing big
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

Well, for starters, put a bolt in there.
    Silver SFL E-Magnum
    Warped Halo-B
    45/45 Flatline

Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's cool!

guys, twist lock is old and obsolete, i like it better, i know, but come on, you gotta realize, the industry doesnt....