Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proto Slug Body PICS!!!!

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    whoops, forgot to attatch IMG>...

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    Here's a try at 2 AM, ....must have sleep...looks terrible.. will give another shot tomorrow! But... it's setup for warp left! WOOT!

Originally posted by AutoMaggot
    OK, this sucks really really bad... but ya get the ideas!
    I like this one a lot. I like the incorporated snatch grip. I was thinking of doing that when I had my E-Mag milled. Very nice good job AutoMaggot.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with design suggestions, but I gotta present it.

With the ability to switch bodies with this new design, and the fact that it's a cocker threaded barrel, I see one issue that may arise when "upgrading" to the new body. What about the twist-lock pin? That's one thing that will have to be acknowledged when you put this out, Tom.

BEST DEALER: RogueFactor

the pin is removeable.
    /=== /\/\ [] |< [- |\|
    \==\
    ===/ MINI RETRO LX

In the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out..
    You can remove the twist-lock pin... you just have to gently tap it up from the bottom using a centerpunch. NBD.

How soon can I get one to begin milling?
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

I like the one from AutoMaggot ... it´s great ... !!! Good ideas.
    Greets Manuel
    .:| levelx retro z-minimag |:..:| spearhead #192 |:.
    .:| ---> looking for Flatline 4.5K or AA Apokalypse 2K <--- |:.

At the pub, enjoying an ice-cold Guinness
    Well, heres my try at this. Sorry about the crappy quality. I can't find my copy of photoshop in the mess that is my room, so I had to resort to paint....groan....
    "Want more range? Get closer.
    Want more accuracy? Aim for once.
    Want more skill? Good luck."
    - Doc Nickel

nobody seems to be talking about the feed tube, so i will say something. I really don't like that kind of feed tube, i think it would look nicer with one that looks like the GZ's one.. .kinda just like a cylinder no conical at all and doesn't go up that high.

Originally posted by Coaster
    nobody seems to be talking about the feed tube, so i will say something. I really don't like that kind of feed tube, i think it would look nicer with one that looks like the GZ's one.. .kinda just like a cylinder no conical at all and doesn't go up that high.
    I agree that feed tube has to go.

This would work minus the homosexual colors.

Now that right there would look very good on that body.

The discussion has changed since my last post but here goes:

Tom,
    To get rid of the rail, how about the following idea: I thought a little mopre about my question concerning spacers and thought why not make a two part slug?

The upper part can be universal, the lower part can be AM, RT, RTPro, EMag specific. The two parts could then be brazed together to form one slug. This would keep your costs lower than having seperate slugs for each model, but would also allow for much more possibilities for customisation.

Also get rid of the feed tube. Customizers should be left to drill the feed where they desire, just mark the centerline on the slug.

Still think extreme bodies made larger and squarer with the absolute minimum on drilling/machining are a much better idea for customisers though.

Thumbs up

i really like fraustie's idea. a choosable warp left body option would be really cool. i would like that in black o yeah.
    -sebastian

I like the way this is going. I think that these bodies need to released looking like the stock extreme bodies where the valve is covered by the body leaving lots of meat to carve off so if people want part of the valve covered then the can have that and if they don't want it covered then they can have it milled off. I still like the design that Dave came up with a few months ago

There's a few things that I would like to change but I gotta wait till I'm in school to scan my drawing into the computer. This has already been said but why not say it again so Tom knows more people want it. The feed should be angel threaded so that we can get the low rise gated feed or better yet if there is some way that the no rise feeds like on the sfl's can be taken off that would be cool to. Again i'm not telling you to do this Tom since you're the mastermind behind this and whatever is decided will be the best, just making a request. Thanks.

Brandon
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    ok guys, the feed neck is to show that it is angel threaded, meaning any angel feed neck can be thrown on..... Underestand??

Originally posted by magman007
    ok guys, the feed neck is to show that it is angel threaded, meaning any angel feed neck can be thrown on..... Underestand??
    Alright, my mistake. I'm happy now

I think it looks sexy just without the exess shiznat
    Timmy, and a cocker (for sale!)
    Cocker for sale at:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54649

Originally posted by magman007
    Thanks! I was hoping someone would mention that.

Milling doesn't concern me as much as features. Just keep the simple, functional look of the mags and I'll be happy (the extreme body has a functional industrial look but still looks snazzy).

As far as the features I think it is on the right track

Cocker Threaded

Anyone else notice that some of the new barrels made by companies (including the new Powerlyte system) is not going to make twist lock?

Angel Feed threaded. This is great. I can get the gated feed tube and stick it on there. I'm sure Tom will drill some of the bodies to accomodate Warp (why wouldn't he).

I'd like to have an integrated sight rail but realize that there are very few people that want to have the Dye Izon or Armson Prodot behind their vertical feed. I just happen to be one of them.

Other than that the lighter the better!

Mark me down to buy one! I'll teach all of you SFL/Extreme/Emag users a lesson yet with my Retro!!!!
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

I agree that the GZ feed tube, and other cocker threaded ones, would look DEAD sexy

here... looks pretty nice actually

Perhaps there should be a "SFL" Mainbody, (not shocktech, simply just 'Super Friggin' light') where it's just the bare minimum, simmilar to the two aluminum tubes shown above.

then we can have the other "sluggo" bodies for custom people to mill up, etc...

Oh, and did I mention WARP MAINBODIES?

personally i like the twist lock, easy cleaning on field. why not just have the buyer choose which style he wants, threaded, or twist lock?

At the pub, enjoying an ice-cold Guinness
    Well, heres my try at this. Sorry about the crappy quality. I can't find my copy of photoshop in the mess that is my room, so I had to resort to paint....groan....

I dunno if any of you have seen the Gothic Cocker bodies made by FBM, but I'd like to see a run of them made for the mag. If anyone else has any interest in them, I'm talking to the guy from FMB now, so hit me up with a pm.
    Last edited by Darkling; 11-01-2002 at 02:59 PM.

Darkling... That is frikkin' schweet. I like that a lot.

Originally posted by Darkling

I dunno if any of you have seen the Gothic Cocker bodies made by FBM, but I'd like to see a run of them made for the mag. If anyone else has any interest in them, I'm talking to the guy from FMB now, so hit me up with a pm.
    kewl - matches my PB gloves...
    Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling, CPPA founder

Here is my user feedback thread. and my online jottings

RP, sometimes you scare me But I want that gun you are shooting!!!

The gothic bodies at the cup had such sharp points on them that I would not be surprised if you could pucture sup air bunkers with them...

manike

Can i email someone my pics and can post them up, they are pathetic, done on paint but it gets the body lay out.
    "There are some who call me....Tim?..."-Monty Python

are they available in any other form, or just for the rt? how about minimag?
    Last edited by TheJester; 11-01-2002 at 10:32 PM.
    AIM- TheJester493 IM me some time

take a look at my minimag ....
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=64837

Here's a slimmed down black mainbody:
    Converge Kills