Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Proto Slug Body PICS!!!!

with color

shartlys is freakin awsome
    D . Y . N . A . S . T ... Y!

iR3

Timmy-ville (AKA Calgary, Alberta), CANADA
    mill it like it's a shark, finally i can out style all thoes bloody Dragon timmies.
    A.K.A. MagShark in the PV forums(www.zer0.ca)

"Adrenaline keeps me in the Game,
    Adrenaline you don't even feel the Pain.
    Wilder than your Wildest Dreams,
    when your going to Extremes,
    It takes Adrenaline..."
    -Gavin Rossdale

OUT

Originally posted by magman007
    ooooo sam didnt edit his post.... bad boy sam.... you are starting to slip!
    Actually I did not slip. It was a conscious decision of mine. I wanted to make sure it was noted that I had not edited my post.
    Originally posted by RamboPreacher
    did I misunderstand, or were they just gonna sell slug-blanks and it was going to be up to "us" to do the milling (not that AGD wouldn't produce some milled versions). interesting...
    Actually all of the above. AGD was going to offer these to other companies that want to custom mill them, to the private consumer who might want to custom mill them themselves, AND they were going to do some custom milling themselves. Here it is, pretty clear…. Note the part about AGD also making them custom…
    Originally posted by AGD
    Just in case my intro wasn't clear, this body is meant to be cut up by the end user or by aftermarket customizers. We will make them custom too, we just need some feedback from you on how to do it. Please photoshop the images and post your results.

AGD

last one

Just for you RP! The warp block could be made either side, but would look pretty much the same. Here is one view showing both the feed and non-feed side.

Again, I hope this gives folks some ideas to build from. I don’t know if AGD would even be interested in the extra work it would take to do this… but since these are only concepts… what the heck….

Yes! I think these are the best proto designs yet: simple and with plenty of meat to mill. I'm definitely liking some of the design ideas proposed, especially from Shartly and Omni.

My one STRONG suggestion would be to continue the body back over the valve to allow for milling designs around the valve. Right now it just hangs out the back of the gun looking very plain and boring... extra length in the body would do two things: cover the valve and allow milling around it to make it more interesting, and lengthen the area available for milling, extending the area for designs and allowing the possibility of an integrated sight-rail above the valve. If nothing else, I would extend the body back over the valve just slighly so that there could be a "lip" at the top, rather like on the pro-team bodies, which in my opinion helps to break up the ugly "chop off" line where the body ends and the valve starts.

not necessarily that the actual milling will take long, just it would need to be remounted thrice. one mount for the top, one for the side, and one for the other side.

also, milling something round isnt easy. it would need to be rough cut, semi-finished, then finished if you want a nice finish. i would take a while.

just my thoughts.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

Originally posted by Cristobal
    Yes! I think these are the best proto designs yet: simple and with plenty of meat to mill. I'm definitely liking some of the design ideas proposed, especially from Shartly and Omni.

My one STRONG suggestion would be to continue the body back over the valve to allow for milling designs around the valve. Right now it just hangs out the back of the gun looking very plain and boring... extra length in the body would do two things: cover the valve and allow milling around it to make it more interesting, and lengthen the area available for milling, extending the area for designs and allowing the possibility of an integrated sight-rail above the valve. If nothing else, I would extend the body back over the valve just slighly so that there could be a "lip" at the top, rather like on the pro-team bodies, which in my opinion helps to break up the ugly "chop off" line where the body ends and the valve starts.
    I agree that having more material covering the valve would allow greater variety of designs, and actually BETTER ones. However, as it stands now.... I can only work with what Tom set as the guideline.

I wonder if Tom would think of allowing a bigger "slug" to work with?
    Originally posted by sniper1rfa
    not necessarily that the actual milling will take long, just it would need to be remounted thrice. one mount for the top, one for the side, and one for the other side.

also, milling something round isnt easy. it would need to be rough cut, semi-finished, then finished if you want a nice finish. i would take a while.

just my thoughts.
    No disrespect intended, but two mount or three, what needs to be done needs to be done. By limiting to two sides you don’t give yourself much room for any decent milling. And if that was the case, I would say NOT to do any new milling designs at all. Again, either DO it, or don’t. Doing it half way would only make AGD look cheap.

As for the rounded, VS flat milling…. Yes, flat milling is easier, but you get that feel…. FLAT. However, I know that with the design I posted (or one like it) much of the area could actually be milled flat and still work well (the colored part). But if you want any decent design, you will HAVE to have some curved area, or it will look like dog poo.

i really think we should start off with a block instad of a tube. and also have some kind of metal come over the top of the valve.

think about it. agd has the fastest gun out. why not make it really pretty and put in a lil more $
    RT
    Ace'd Emag (sold)
    Xmag (sold)

A longer body would be nice
    Then you could do some really nice stuff back there.

EM01698 2/3rd's ULE-EMAG, PipeKit, SystemX drop and 88/3k PE.

Originally posted by omni
    A longer body would be nice
    Then you could do some really nice stuff back there.
    I agree. Another couple inches to cover most of the valve would be ideal.

meh, im just curious as to how much this would cost AGD.

i still think those are cool designs.

I like Omni's and Shartley's designs. Very clean. I'd buy either of those. I'm especially impressed as I tried photoshop myself this morning and found it isn't as easy as it looks.

However I really like the industrial style of the SFL and this old picture here (posted in another protobody discussion). Would the same style as this/SFL be possible. Then AGD could name their price. I'd buy it!

Note integrated sight rail.
    ULE Body Level 10 Automag intelliframe + retrovalve

Omni's and Shartley's designs are nice, smooth and clean.
    Thomas

I like where you're headed with your design shartley. I to strongly agree that Tom needs to give us a bigger slug to work with and a longer one that would cover the valve. I got an idea that I still gotta put on paper and then find a scanner to get in digital format cause I don't have photoshop at home. If Tom is gonna make it possible to use a bigger slug I was thinking that having an integrated sight-rail on there and have the same kinda lines you made continue up to it. If you can see what I'm saying then give it a shot but I'll get drawing and hopefully will have it up soon. But again this is all in theory sine I'm not sure if Tom is even considering coming out with a slug that covers the valve and is thicker.
    Good Traders:JoeyJoe367, Blazestorm213, RetardedRiceBowl, rsadich,PaInTbALL zAcH, jwyke. John Dresser, Xas, Darrikws,whydoineedausername

Splat Attack Revenge V2 LE FS

Conquest FS

My own try (I've really to much free time lol).
    Intimidator Shocktech with Technatrigger.
    AGD Emag Extreme C&C Lvl10 ACE.
    "Pandora, that is the FIRST C&C Extreme to ever be sold." Manike

"Destruction and reckless abandon. And you all helped to create it!
    WAY TO GO!" The EVE Online Team

And just the body alone

That's a pretty good start. What did you use? 3dsmax?

Nop, Rhino.

Guys,

The designs look better than I was expecting, nice job! We will extend the back of the body over the valve, that's not a problem. Its a much bigger deal to make the body thicker. The amount of aluminum already in it is on the edge of making it to expensive to make sense. When you add a little bit to the outside of a circle you can easily double its volume. These designs are all about being small so lets stick with this for now.

Yes a sight rail would be nice, that's why we originally sugested a bolt on one in the first proto pics from months ago.

AGD

YES!!!! Pandora!!!! That is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to do with my photoshoping (which came out so bad I didn't even post it). This is a really great design. It is the beloved tube shape with some mild extras to make that equal WOW!!!

Must have taken alot of free time. Spend some MORE!! NOW!

LOL, Fishbone Mag!
    Last edited by Ov3rmind; 11-02-2002 at 07:11 PM.
    Converge Kills

Originally posted by AGD
    Guys,

The designs look better than I was expecting, nice job! We will extend the back of the body over the valve, that's not a problem. Its a much bigger deal to make the body thicker. The amount of aluminum already in it is on the edge of making it to expensive to make sense. When you add a little bit to the outside of a circle you can easily double its volume. These designs are all about being small so lets stick with this for now.

Yes a sight rail would be nice, that's why we originally sugested a bolt on one in the first proto pics from months ago.

AGD
    Alright. I will get drawing now that the body will be entended over the valve. Just gotta figure out a way to incorporate the site rail and have the body slope from the feed neck to where the body meets the barrel.

heh this is awesome! i love everyones ideas, they r all great. i will definitly get one of these if the price isnt too high. i have some dieas but i dont have photoshop, so im gonna go try to download it and draw out my ideas..
    My parents wont give me $3,300 to spend on paintball which would make me the happiest person in the world, but they will spend $3,300 on me for braces for a year and a half which will just make me miserable... i just dont get it

hey tom, the question on everyones mind is....

WHEN!!!!! :-)

i am already saving my pennies, i just want to know if i should sell of my existing body and wait for this to come out or keep my body for now!!!

cool stuff, i love pandoras :-)

-Booyah
    -------------
    Level 10 68 Automag classic with j&j 10" edge kit, macroline, inteliframe, polished warp left body, dye raptor cradle, and 68 4500 Air America Raptor Rex with slide check quick disconnect warp and Richochet AK

jt and pandora, wow! those are both amazing!

Not very well done, but you get the idea:
    Last edited by Ov3rmind; 11-02-2002 at 10:18 PM.

*poof* NO swearing! you have been warned

dam i spent like an hour and a half making some designs and came to attach them, and they r not the right type... and i tried to save the pictures under a different type but the only other one i could change it to wouldnt work on here either... so ill try to do my best to explain wut they looked like.. sigh..

k one of them was waves, on the top it went up and down a few times to look like waves, and then on the end, it was like a full tidal wave covering about half of the valve... i thought that one looked pretty cool

the second one was flames, at the front it was at the level of the top of the barrel, and eased its way up until it was as high as the normal slug height at the feed, then straight across at the back until it got to the valve, then slightly dipped down and had one 2 pointed flame and a single pointed flame under it, covering most of the valve but not all of it.. would look cool in red...

next 2 were kinda boring, lol i called this one the rhino, at the front by the barrel it had 2 spikes and then was straight until the back where it went down and had like a tail shape covering some of the valve like >

and the other boring one but looked kinda cool was it was the regular slug shape, but at the back it extends over about half of the valve and is in the shape of LX over the valve...

dam that pisses me off that i couldnt post the pictures...
    Last edited by AGD; 11-03-2002 at 12:54 AM.

tolley Guest
    LOOKS GREAT, I WANT ONE NOW.